Melbourne Football

Club Song Survey

Ritzman

James Brown, aka the Godfather of Soul, is fricken awesome. What's the matter with you people.

But I'm not sure about this. I didn't vote for it because it doesn't strike me as the right thing to play after a goal. I really like 60's, 70's soul/funk. It's great music and I could get right into hearing Curtis Mayfield's Move on Up or maybe Stevie Wonder's Superstition for example. But it's a very American music, and specifically black American. So I think it would sound really normal at an NBA game, or for any American sport. But it's quite different to the sort of music you associate with football - songs that crowds can sing along to. It comes across as a bit of a clash. I'd prefer no goal song, but bringing 70's funk and football together will make me happy. And it will only be for a few seconds. But I'd prefer either I see Red or Song 2.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 1

I didnt mind 'wake up' but it hasnt got anything to do with heart :huh: ...ive posted this song in the past and stand by it...replace wake up with this as the first song played before the game...the lyrics actually have meaning and releavance to us supporters of heart, and has a great melody that not only can inspire but can actually be sung along with. And itd be much easier on the older members ears as well :)

Id love to know who actually suggested those songs in the survey....most are cringeworthy. No songs after a goal either...i wanna hear the supporters not a song.