Melbourne Football

harry kewell gear

kingofhearts

Yep go to 'this is football' 189 swan street Richmond

They have the aleague numbers and letters in all the colours. You just bring in the shirt or buy one there. Costs 40 bucks

Thanks mate, I got a couple mates who are keen to get a harry top too, hopefully the club will start to sell them directly if there is a high enough demand from the public

Yep go to 'this is football' 189 swan street Richmond

They have the aleague numbers and letters in all the colours. You just bring in the shirt or buy one there. Costs 40 bucks

Thanks mate, I got a couple mates who are keen to get a harry top too, hopefully the club will start to sell them directly if there is a high enough demand from the public Not sure if serious?

https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/heart/product/4345

Edited by Bozza
  • Like 1

Honestly can't see how you'd be unhappy with this. All it does is raise a bit of coin for the club. Honestly who gives a toss if he played for the mongs or what he's done to clubs in the past. The reality is he's a class player, the greatest Australian player ever and he's done nothing wrong by the club yet. He's actually done everything right. Signed on minimum wage, committed to a full pre season, brought massive interest. You can't begrudge the club for trying to get their moneys worth by selling some shirts.

On a side note this confirms white numbers for next season.

• Like 4

Seriously... Kewell 'Hero' Kit? FFS... So fucking mad

Link:https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/heart/product/4345
Honestly can't see how you'd be unhappy with this. All it does is raise a bit of coin for the club. Honestly who gives a toss if he played for the mongs or what he's done to clubs in the past. The reality is he's a class player, the greatest Australian player ever and he's done nothing wrong by the club yet. He's actually done everything right. Signed on minimum wage, committed to a full pre season, brought massive interest. You can't begrudge the club for trying to get their moneys worth by selling some shirts.
On a side note this confirms white numbers for next season.
It's not that simple for me.

Where is this option for all the other players? And why do we need to attach the term 'hero' to someone who has done nothing for us just yet...

Put up a second option to choose "a different Heart Hero" and I will be happy.

Using the term 'hero' is maybe overdoing it a bit, but I don't mind the club trying to make money by promoting Kewell jerseys.

Also, sales of Kewell jerseys could snowball if we sell a lot early as, for instance, there might be 200 people walking around in Kewell jerseys at our first game at AAMI park instead of 20, and people (esp, but not only, kids I reckon) would be more inclined to get a Kewell jersey. The same happens with restaurants, where restaurants that are more busy attract more business than restaurants that are more empty. So if Heart is smart with Kewell merchandise we could sell +1000 jerseys, which is a significant amount of merchandise sales for any A-League club. 

Another thing to note is that the club when out of the way to have the name and number in white on the Kewell jerseys, hence they are fulfilling a demand that has been expressed on these forums.

Lastly, I just noticed today that Heart is offering a free cap to every member that signs up early, which IMO is pretty good and smart marketing (and an additional nice small incentive for supporters of Heart to get on board ASAP).

I can't fault the club for its efforts with merchandise heading into next season. They actually seem to be doing a pretty good job of satisfying demand & requests.

• Like 1

We need to sell a fuck-tonne of merch, we need people to recognise the kit and know it is Melbourne Heart, the same as when Joe Average sees someone wearing a Collingwood jersey they instantly know the brand. We need the Red & White to become as well known as the Visitards kit, of which there are always a few wandering around.

Right now most people in the city would see a Heart strip and not know what or who it represents, if the name Kewell is across the back that should help with brand awareness massively. Would be nice to be able to get other players, but right now any shirt sales are a bonus.

• Like 1

also confirms there is no kit revision at all too

Not necessarily.

I wouldn't blame the club for trying to add a bit of value to their excess 12/13 season kits by printing on them to try and shift them at top dollar before unveiling a revised kit and cutting prices of what's left.

That said, it probably won't change.

Edited by CJ_1337

A suggestion with selling kits 
i would rather buy my kit online already personalised, i don't want to travel to richmond or rebel sport to get it personalised.
Overseas clubs have their merchandise store like this where you can select to get your namer or favourite player on the jersey.

• Like 1

Have emailed the club apparently kit will stay the same home and away, just minor changes to sponsors? Anyone else know if this is the truth or will we get entirely new kits?

There will be no change, maybe sponsor change, but thats all (westpac will remain)