Melbourne Football

Massimo Murdocca

Deluka

Geez you can be a pretentious douche when you want to be.

Is a perfectly adequate squadie. Would re-sign if he was willing to take less money. That's the issue though.

I would argue that he is no longer even a adequate squad player...

As he would not be at MV or SFC so he shouldn't be for us either as that is what are meant to be aspiring to be in the League as the wealthiest club.

What is the point of supporting City if the worst parts of Heart are kept on as in JVS and supposed fan favourites like Hoffman and Mass are still squad players where at the league's grand finalists they would not be close to getting a look in as bench players.

This club is not Heart and anyone who thinks otherwise (as much I wish I could do the same) is deluded... so they need to start acting like City and that means culling the deadwood on the playing list from the Heart days.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 5

Murdocca will be on SEN's World of Football show around 8pm tonight:

GUEST: @AvondaleHSC84's star signing @Murdocca8 will be joining us to discuss his move to the #PS4NPLVIC side. #WoF

https://twitter.com/WorldFootballAU/status/603044536437313536

Pretty ridiculous IMO that we have to learn about the player movements of Melbourne City players from radio shows

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 3

I know that's the way cfg go about their business but FFS it is still a football club...... or is it aldi supermarket bunkered somewhere underground in Berlin, surrounded by secrecy, feeding us scraps.

• Like 1

I have to be honest it should be reason to like Murdocca because he was prepared to face up to the cameras but the fact he did almost every interview after every pathetic JA loss (And understandably tried to remain positive) in Season Four had the opposite effect on me and just made me associate the bloke with that dark dark period. 

Unlike the rest of us, he won a couple of championships with Roar and deserves the respect.

Great guy, good club man, made a difference on the park when he came on.

Badly coached and has paid the price. Funny how many good players come to MCFC and end up being poor due to bad coaching and destructive fans!

Unlike the rest of us, he won a couple of championships with Roar and deserves the respect.

Badly coached and has paid the price. Funny how many good players come to MCFC and end up being poor due to bad coaching and destructive fans!

Agree with most of that.

But mass is the same player now he was when he got here. Saying coaching ruined him as a player is a bit of a cop out IMO

Edited by bt50

Agree with most of that.

But mass is the same player now he was when he got here. Saying coaching ruined him as a player is a bit of a cop out IMO

I dont think bad coaching ruined him I do think though that Ange was a good coach at Brisbane (far better than either of the two we had) and would have taken more into account his obvious limitations in instructing his teammates how to limit them hurting side.

Alongside this is the fact that at The Roar he had better players around him... as I have mentioned before on here its worthy noting that a number of Roar fans when I was Brisbane this season still had kits with his name and number on the back.

Edited by cadete

Oh, and to think back to the enthusiasm when he first signed... Now that he hasn't set the world alight people want to lynch him. Seriously.

Are we meant to judge a player based on hype or non footballing ability? For cereal.

No. All I am asking is we keep the conversation cordial (pun intended).

Murdocca said his contract was terminated last night on SEN (although he didn't say definitely that discussions with City about a new contract are over):

Murdocca’s City career over… for now

Tom Pollock

May 27, 2015

Massimo Murdocca has revealed that his contract with Melbourne City has been terminated.

Murdocca, whose contract was due to expire in a week’s time, was granted an early release by City in order to sign with NPL Victoria side Avondale FC.

Avondale announced the guest-stint signing of the 30-year-old, and former Melbourne Victory player Francesco Stella, on their Facebook page on Monday night.

There was initially some confusion around whether this ended Murdocca’s time with City.

Speaking on SEN 1116′ World of Football, the midfielder revealed he had asked for his City contract to be terminated early so he could move to Avondale on NPL Victoria’s transfer deadline day.

“I had a good think about it and I realised I was coming off contract in the next week or so and I had no ties after that,“ Murdocca said.

“I had to make a decision because the transfer window for the NPL was ending so I had to make a decision before my [City] contract was up.

“I asked City if they could release me without any financial penalty to continue my football.

“I’m very grateful to them [City] for letting me do that and saying it was no problem – I’ll never forget that [gesture] from the club.

“I truly appreciate them understanding my position.”

Initially surprised by Avondale’s approach, Murdocca, who is eyeing an A-League return next season, soon saw the benefits of the opportunity.

“Avondale approached me through Patrick Kisnorbo actually, he was the link.“

“I was a little bit dumbfounded by it at first to be honest, I was a little surprised that they would ask the question.

“I had a good think about it and though ‘why not’, I may as well play some games – it’s a good opportunity to get some game time.”

Murdocca explained the thinking behind a 10-game guest stint, rather than a longer term move.

“I made the decision to have a 10-game stint, they wanted me to stay longer, but I thought 10 games would be a good number for me to get a good run, get some fitness up and hopefully move on, whether it’s City or somewhere else in the A-League.”

Murdocca will be eligible to line up for Avondale once a 30-day period has lapsed.

http://www.mfootball.com.au/murdoccas-city-career-over-for-now/

I'd still like to see confirmation that he has been released on a permanent basis by City. So far the only official club statement I've seen on releases made no reference to Murdocca.

Yeah I can only think the reason the club has said nothing about Mass is that they add still negotiating with him, even though his contract had ended.

TBH I reckon he'll play on, can't imagine him knocking back a deal unless it's minimum dollars, what other options does he have in Melbourne besides retirement.

I'd still like to see confirmation that he has been released on a permanent basis by City. So far the only official club statement I've seen on releases made no reference to Murdocca.

Yeah I can only think the reason the club has said nothing about Mass is that they add still negotiating with him, even though his contract had ended.

TBH I reckon he'll play on, can't imagine him knocking back a deal unless it's minimum dollars, what other options does he have in Melbourne besides retirement.

In fact City's conduct in this is consistent with what we were advised right from the start - they will announce something when it has been accomplished and not before. 

In the cases of Duff, Jaliens, Dugandzic, Ramsay and Wielaert the decision to release them had been made and therefore was announced.

In the cases of Germano and Murdocca (and others) the club has not yet made a binding decision on their future with the club and therefore no announcements have been made.

It might be frustrating for fans and will take time to get used to, but City is being consistent in its handling of releases and signings.