Melbourne Football

Peter Zois leaving...is Clint Bolton our new GK coach?

jw1739

Good decision. Bolton probably already knows more than zois anyway seeing as he has been goalkeeper at a higher level plus he is going to get his badges for keeping which will further along his knowledge. And he's a great 'club' person to have around. Another positive move from the heart staff.

Good decision. Bolton probably already knows more than zois anyway seeing as he has been goalkeeper at a higher level plus he is going to get his badges for keeping which will further along his knowledge. And he's a great 'club' person to have around. Another positive move from the heart staff.

Pretty sure you'll find Zois played O/S whilst Bolton didn't (or not for long).

You realise PPL were making the same arguments for JA to be Manager last season?

Yes, Peter Zois did play overseas, once for Cardiff City, and then in Holland for NAC Breda and Willem II Tilburg, but not that many first team games according to Wikipedia. In fact he doesn't appear to have played that many first-team games anywhere.

The same source shows that Clint Bolton was actually at Aston Villa as a junior, but did not play for an overseas club at a senior level. He has played for the Socceroos on four occasions.

IMO you'd have to say that Bolton has much more overall experience.

I'm not putting a case for either man, just trying to clarify their experiences.

Edited by jw1739

Yes, Peter Zois did play overseas, once for Cardiff City, and then in Holland for NAC Breda and Willem II Tilburg, but not that many first team games according to Wikipedia. In fact he doesn't appear to have played that many first-team games anywhere.

The same source shows that Clint Bolton was actually at Aston Villa as a junior, but did not play for an overseas club at a senior level. He has played for the Socceroos on four occasions.

IMO you'd have to say that Bolton has much more overall experience.

I'm not putting a case for either man, just trying to clarify their experiences.

I am I the only one who thought that Bolton alwats seemed to be a bit of a Lone Wolf type?

Zois was manager of a VPL team however, although that may not be playing experience it's certainly a higher level of coaching than Bolton right now.

Just don't think it's fair to say Bolton knows more because he's played more football. Does that mean Aloisi knows more than Graham Arnold?

To be fair, I was referring to more experience as a GK. As per my edit, I was not making a case for either man as a coach. Some of the best coaches never really played at a high level at all.

If Peter Zois is leaving or has left, then it means our entire inaugural coaching team is no longer with us - JvS, Ante, Jesper, and now Peter.

You realise PPL were making the same arguments for JA to be Manager last season?

Coach is different to manager, both roles couldn't be further apart.

Zois was manager of a VPL team however, although that may not be playing experience it's certainly a higher level of coaching than Bolton right now.

Just don't think it's fair to say Bolton knows more because he's played more football. Does that mean Aloisi knows more than Graham Arnold?

Never said Bolton knows more, but based on his experience, you can assume he might!

Yes you did you said Bolton probably knows more than Zois. Again, experience? What experience? As a player? Does that qualify someone to be a better coach than a person who almost took out a VPL premiership?

Key word here is probably, I'm not 100% certain it's true, you might be right, as by the definition:

1.( sentence modifier; not used with a negative or in a question ) in all likelihood or probability: "I'll probably see you tomorrow."

2. Almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell: "He would probably never see her again."

• Like 1

I wonder if its more a case of Zois looking for a more senior role? After his run at Oakleigh he might be thinking bigger then just GK coach!

Zois is studying a degree now as well.

Same reason he is not coaching at oakleigh either. Sports Science I think, though I spoke to him like 2 months ago, memory pretty shit by now!

• Like 1