Melbourne Football

Round 23 | 2:30pm Sunday, March 3rd | Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Jimmy

Thank god I have work during these Sunday away games... was going to watch the replay but not gonna waste my time.

I really really just do not understand how a team can jump from real decent at home to abysmal on the road..

unless we just look good at home because every other team is shithouse travelling aswell..

It takes a special effort to make the worst team in the league (who also have nothing to play for) to actually look good.

My vote for worst game of the season. Not going to single anyone out - 11 players who weren't good enough for the shirt.

Germano was alright.

• Like 1

It's got to be psychological. No way can this happen week in week out to the extent it has this season. They are mentally weak away from home and it's going to be detrimental in the long-run unless rectified soon. Don't deserve to make finals if the team can only perform to an acceptable standard 50% of the time.

I think that it is psychological. No way JA is telling them to play out of position for 90 minutes, to not press for 90 minutes, to pass so poorly. The team needs a sports psychologist.

The other part of the problem is the lack of quality players and the small size of the list, out of form players can't be dropped as there are no better options. That bit is the Board's responsibility

I agree it's probably psycological. But I don't think lack of quality was any sort of issue today.

It's as if after every decent home performance, the whole group becomes over confident and complacent, which shows every time we play away. Then a shit away performance gives everyone the reality check they need to kick them into gear at home. And it's become this perepetual cycle.

I know I go through these emotions, but I'm allowed to because I'm a fan. For professional footballers to not be able to approach every game like a professional is inexcusable.

And if this is the case, the coaches bear responsibility too. Aloisi seems eager to talk us up publicly, saying we've been playing good football even when we haven't. I can understand why he might do that in public, but I hope that he's not so forgiving to the players in private. He obviously needs to be on their case constantly.

That performance was the shittest performance I've ever seen from the heart. If we weren't playing a team as shit as the fucking yellow turds, we would have lost 5-0.

And those supporters (I refuse to call them commentators) just make it sooo much worse. They are in now way commentators as all they do is just wet themselves when ifill touches it and shit themselves when heart get in their attacking halves. LEARN TO BE UNBIASED!!

That performance was the shittest performance I've ever seen from the heart. If we weren't playing a team as shit as the fucking yellow turds, we would have lost 5-0.

And those supporters (I refuse to call them commentators) just make it sooo much worse. They are in now way commentators as all they do is just wet themselves when ifill touches it and shit themselves when heart get in their attacking halves. LEARN TO BE UNBIASED!!

I hate them, im sure we all remember when GolGol scored that magical free kick and they couldnt be anymore disappointed

Does Aloisi have a full license? If not then he should do a paper on variations that can be made to a preffered system of play.

Loved watching us under JVS switching from 443 to 343 and even 4312 during games if things weren't going well..

Not saying everything was great under JVS but this is the next step for Aloisi because it is one way or nothing at the moment.

Edited by kontra.11

It's got to be psychological. No way can this happen week in week out to the extent it has this season. They are mentally weak away from home and it's going to be detrimental in the long-run unless rectified soon. Don't deserve to make finals if the team can only perform to an acceptable standard 50% of the time.

I think that it is psychological. No way JA is telling them to play out of position for 90 minutes, to not press for 90 minutes, to pass so poorly. The team needs a sports psychologist.

The other part of the problem is the lack of quality players and the small size of the list, out of form players can't be dropped as there are no better options. That bit is the Board's responsibility

Sure I think there is an 'away' issue (well it's impossible to argue there isn't). The question needs to be asked who promotes this within the squad and how do we change it? I'd be looking at the highly paid and senior players as they should be leading the way. Glances at MHFC list: Oh Colossimo over paid and shit attitude, Thomson on a decent wicket played out of position busting his balls but not good enough as a dm and Fred not even starting body giving out. Three of our most experienced and well paid yet every away game we get fuck all from them. Strategically one of them causes a real issue. If we can't replace these guys with other senior players start playing kids. Surely they would give a better account of themselves.

My favorite bits of the game were the echos making it sound as if we were playing in an indoor swimming pool and Redmayne going cammo against the pale grass.

Walker ran his guts out again and Gol Gol looked OK when he came on, but otherwise :droy: ????????? :droy:. This was the worst I have seen from Heart, or any team for that matter, for a long, long time. How can we not at least appear to have a clue as to what we are supposed to be doing?

Hopefully the next game will be more encouraging.

I think we've played pretty well. Thompson BOG

cant tell if serious if you are you should gtfo this forum.

Relax. HeartFc's posts were the only thing putting a smile on my face this afternoon.

how can I relax when Thompson easily played horrible heaps of space infront of him then stops waits and passes it back wtf.

Relax. HeartFc's posts were the only thing putting a smile on my face this afternoon.

how can I relax when Thompson easily played horrible heaps of space infront of him then stops waits and passes it back wtf.

That's ok. I'm just saying, I'm pretty certain HeartFc wasn't being serious.

Sack

Thompson

Coyne

Colosimo

Next in line

ALOISI

I said sack Colosimo from season 1 year d*ckheads on this forum give him the benefit of the doubt or say he is a solid defender. Colosimo and Hoffman are the most useless players since the inception of the A-league

Nicky Kalmar was a massive dud today. Guy only plays well when half the stadium is chanting his name. Fucking useless the lot of them.

On a positive note i have been looking to buy a new T.V for some time now, and thanks from watching they game today, my old T.V went 'out of commision'

Thanks johnny! :up:

Anyone else think that since Eli has come back, he thinks he is better than the league

He looks like he doesn't give a shit and is trying fucking impossible shit or standing offside

Tbh this is the babalj I have always seen. Rediculous amount of potential but not the world class player that everyone seems to think he is.

And people/media compared him to the next Mark Viduka last seaon? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Viduka was a super star at the age of 18 FFS!

Edited by Tony999

Well it doesn't get much worse than that!! You could pick immediately within the first minute the lack off attack on the ball. Sitting and waiting so early and so often only to be cut off easily. I coach juniors, and the one thing that is non-negotiable is effort. I don't mind being done on skill, you can't help that. But you can at least fucking try. Given our poor away form, these guys should have come out trying to rip someones head off. That's what killed me watching this. It wasn't until Fred came on and starting giving lip did we look any better. He, Gol Gol and Germano were the only ones who showed anything - the rest were rubbish (although I suspect Garcia was injured in that heavy fall).

Out coached and outpressed. Their forwards covered us playing out and no one was giving options. Colossimo doesn't have the confidence to play out and Gerhardt had an ordinary game. Coyne had a shocker. Outplayed, outmuscled and his passing was really bad. I was yelling at the screen when he pushed forward, easily stripped and then he either didn't have the motor to get back, or couldn't be fucked. An awful look. A defining game for him. You mightn't get the skill from Mitchinson (and today you could question that), but you'd be guaranteed effort. I was giving Coyne time, but today was piss poor. Even Walker had a down day, but I can forgive that in a first year player.

I almost had a stroke watching Thompson. So often sitting on the ball waiting for it to hatch, it was just unbelievable. Any transition was basically stopped dead in its tracks. Really, really poor from an experienced player. Meeuwis has to start next week to avoid a repeat of that rubbish. Willo tried and ran hard with no delivery at all, and Babalj needs to shut the fuck up, stop whinging to the ref and his teammates, and start concentrating on playing the ball. If Tadic is back next week, the kid needs to be taken down a peg and taught that his body language and mouth are bringing the team down.

The worst performer for us today however was JA. It was obvious the new wellington coach over the last week had demanded more pressure from his forwards coming out. The Adelaide game was a good example. JA had nothing to counter this and picks Colossimo to boot. Clearly outnumbered in midfield with a 4-4-2 and a high press from Wellington, he should have been ripping Into his players to present and give more options. Instead it was the usual long ball shit to an outnumbered midfield and, surprise, surprise, we constantly gave the ball up. Amateur coaching not to mention the inability to motivate the players.

• Like 1

This game was painful to watch. Matt Thompson had another very poor game. The A League has dramatically improved in standard over the last few years while he has not. His pass completion is just not good enough. Compare with the way Victory players quickly and accurately moved the ball against the Jets today. Watching our game was made even more painful by the 2 Wellington cheer leaders masquerading as TV commentators. They've got no idea of tactics. They carried on about Wellington playing well today because the players were "making an effort" unlike their failure to "make an effort" in recent games. lol rofl Anyway, we don't have to worry. What's the odds we'll be saved by Hoffman starting next game!

Haha that golgol free kick last game against Wellington was awesome. And the commentators reaction was priceless. Haha and then when the second goal came quickly after they went even quieter. Haha! But yet they still kept talking about how good the Phoenix are.

They are just so unprofessional it makes me sick. And wow they way they talk about the ground. Did anyone notice there was about ten minutes where they spoke about the ground being bouncy? I feel like I was being tortured just listening to that useless blabber

That's ok. I'm just saying, I'm pretty certain HeartFc wasn't being serious.

well my first post did say cant tell if serious and if you are to leave if it was a joke then i dont care im not trying to come across rude thompson just had a horrid game never wanted to take it to the game and push forward, always released the ball slowly never looked threatening

Anyone else think that since Eli has come back, he thinks he is better than the league

He looks like he doesn't give a shit and is trying fucking impossible shit or standing offside

Tbh this is the babalj I have always seen. Rediculous amount of potential but not the world class player that everyone seems to think he is.

its not his fault that he's Balkan.

on another note, this is why i dont watch away games, and dont get live scores. if you ask me, we didnt play today. :up:

I made the decision to watch my first team Heart rather than my MLS team Montreal who even with the time difference were kicking off their season at exactly the same time as Heart was playing.

Whilst Heart was horrid to watch, at least I was cheered up by this goal, and I hope you are too :)

• Like 1

I made the decision to watch my first team Heart rather than my MLS team Montreal who even with the time difference were kicking off their season at exactly the same time as Heart was playing.

Whilst Heart was horrid to watch, at least I was cheered up by this goal, and I hope you are too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj3EwIJABWc

• Like 5

I almost had a stroke watching Thompson. So often sitting on the ball waiting for it to hatch, it was just unbelievable. Any transition was basically stopped dead in its tracks. Really, really poor from an experienced player.

This in particular and pretty much everything else you said is spot on. Surely Meeuwis must start next week instead of Thomo. The hardest thing to swallow is our lack of hardness and passion at away matches. You just need to watch WSW to see that they play with intensity and never-give-up-attitude every game - away or at home. Those boys are clearly playing with passion and the desire to represent Western Sydney with distinction. That's what we lack, and what JA has not been able to instil in our boys is mental toughness and desire to out battle our opponents. Because teams can't play pretty football every week, sometimes you just have to knuckle down and do the hard yards.