Melbourne Football

Round 23 | 2:30pm Sunday, March 3rd | Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Jimmy

Its 1-0 ffs calm down.

If it was 1-0 and we looked the part or we looked like we were gonna score or we looked like we were dominating or we looked like we shouldn't be 5-0 down then fine, but that's not the case...just like every other infuriating away game I've watched, we're playing the same old shit!! I do not fkn get it and it pisses me off because we all know we can play better than this nonsense Aloisi likes to call football!

• Like 1

I respect him for everything he has done for the club in his first 1 and a half seasons and his derby heroics, but how Thompson has played every game this season is beyond me, he is absolutely useless, offers absolutely nothing going forward or defending.

Edited by MPM

About to put foot through TV

What are with these long diagonal balls to nobody

Seems to be Thompson's stupid idea!!

I was watching UEFA Champions League hour on SBS today and Xabi Alonso said "there's no use holding on to the ball for the sake of having more possession. We try and get the ball forward towards the opponent's goal quickly because the more balls we get into their penalty box the more chances of scoring."

We may have been in their penalty box, what, 3 times? We try and keep possession which we fail at miserably, Thommo tries all these useless diagonal balls no where near the intended recipient or penalty box, Williams tries stupid flicks and fancy passes that don't add any value, Babalj seems to think that the goals will just come to him instead of him trying to create something himself....I dunno...I'm just very disappointed again today...

Williams over the crossbar - where else would it have gone? lol

Under Van't Schip when we'd concede a goal first it would seem to fire us up and we'd play with more conviction, attack and determination and a lot of the time we'd come back and win!

Under Aloisi when we're playing away we have nothing...just flat, not creative, not attacking, no flare...just...flat....oooooouuuuuffff...

47 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Who are those 11 guys in Heart jerseys? It isn't my team? Poor from one end of the park to the other, too open, no pressing, poor passing, aimless balls, poor second balls, not creative at all. Just another routine away game performance I suppose.

Edited by belaguttman

Sack Aloisi immediately, pick anyone to take over for the second half, couldn't be worse.

Should be down about 7-0 right now.

Only positive is that when we have dominated in the past and failed to take our chances we ended up being punished for it in the second half, maybe since we're getting dominated but wellington havent taken their chances we will come out in the second half and steal a result.