Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Maybe the delay on Koren's announcement has something to do with the possibility of signing Ronaldinho? 

I'd lose the plot if we signed Ron as our marquee and managed to sneak Koren under the cap as well, seems very unlikely though. 

Windley blows prematurely on these articles to be the 'World Exculusive' as he often likes to proclaim.

I'm thinking Koren talks weren't near as advanced as he's made us think. Obviously Koren was at the friendly but that could have been more us trying to Woo Koren rather than introduce him to his new club. Maybe he's playing with us rather than us playing with him and looking for a bigger fish.

Saying this Koren will now probably be announced tomorrow 'as the herald sun first revealed' hahaha

The more I think about, the more I want to recant my earlier statement suggesting I'd rather Koren over Ronaldinho... turning down football royalty would be nuts and seeing as though we do have the financial capabilities now, why the hell not? 

However, Koren probably would be a much better fit for the good of the team but Ronaldinho is Ronaldinho so... happy with either to be honest.

Doing some research, I don't think it's likely though at all.

He doesn't speak English and has never played at a club in an English speaking country.

He's getting offers from Brazil, Argentina, Italy all places he's familiar with already who can offer more money.

Still, any delay could be a good thing if we're making a play.

Doing some research, I don't think it's likely though at all.

He doesn't speak English and has never played at a club in an English speaking country.

He's getting offers from Brazil, Argentina, Italy all places he's familiar with already who can offer more money.

Still, any delay could be a good thing if we're making a play.

Should go well with many of the people I come across each day...

But seriously, why would he even bother to think about the A-League? We're a backwater. Looks like River Plate are the front runners.

I am really worried about our striker situation

You arnt the only one. Only 1 natural striker listed for the season (Villa 10 games, not counting him), and it is David Williams.... god help us. Which is why im hoping we can pinch Kenedy as Aus marquee once Villa leaves which atleast gives us a decent option up front.

Edited by Victards