Melbourne Football

Round 22, Sunday February 24th MHFC vs Sydney @ AAMI

Dylan

Keen to move on from yet another amazing away showing.

Only have 3 home games left, with one being against WSW so Id say we only have a chance to grab 6 more points :P

I hope this week Meeuwis shows his pedigree and dominates the midfield, just like Carvella did last week. Also with Meeuwis fit it might force Thompson onto the bench which hopefully will give him the kick up the ass he needs.

We need not just a win, but a convincing one like a 3+ margin

aaand Im keen to give luca$h as much shit as I can.

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

I thought that 2 weeks ago after the WSW game, we lost Aziz, then Grella then lost the derby that it was almost the worst couple of weeks ever as. Heart supporter. I think if we lose this game to Sydney this will be the worst. I know lots of you didn't care about or want Lucas Neill but I am really upset with what's happened. Losing to Sydney will just rub it in and will feel horrible.

However, beat them and it will be so satisfying, our season will be back on track, etc.

This game is just so important.

In saying all that, it will probably be a draw!

• Like 1

Team I would like to see

Redmayne

Walker - Colosimo - Vrankovic - Coyne

Germano - Meeuwis

Garcia - Fred - Merbrahtu

Babalj

Bolton - Williams - Kalmar - Thompson

Team we will see

Redmayne

Walker - Colosimo - Vrankovic - Coyne

Thompson - Meeuwis

Garcia - Fred - Williams

Babalj

Bolton - Merbrahtu - Kalmar - Germano

I think after round 21 yellow cards reset, so we may have Gerhardt still... Can anyone confirm this?

Nope, they get put to 8 yellows for a suspension from after this week

EDIT - i think he is out for 2 matches as well

See http://ffaadmin.spor...1823-source.pdf page 4 clause 5.3.

Gerhardt is out for 2.

Edited by jw1739

I think after round 21 yellow cards reset, so we may have Gerhardt still... Can anyone confirm this?

Nope, they get put to 8 yellows for a suspension from after this week

EDIT - i think he is out for 2 matches as well

See http://ffaadmin.spor...1823-source.pdf page 4 clause 5.3.

Gerhardt is out for 2.

I'm not convinced he's out for 2 weeks.

"5.3 Further to clause 5.2, unless otherwise specified in the A-League competition rules, a

Player who accumulates the following number of Yellow Cards during the course of

the Regular Season, must serve the following mandatory match suspensions:

(a) from Round 1 to Round 21 of the Regular Season, five (5) Yellow Cards

equates to a one (1) match suspension;

(b.) eight (8) Yellow Cards during the Regular Season equates to a two (2) match

suspension. For every three Yellow Cards thereafter, a two (2) match

suspension. (For example, two (2) match suspension for 11 Yellow Cards and

14 Yellow Cards)"

Point b.) if read independently to point a) to me means that 8 cards in the first 21 weeks gets you two weeks, i.e. 1 after 5 yellow cards and another after the 8th.

For every three yellows after the 8 gets you a two match ban and the example is for 11 and 14 yellow cards.

Edited by Red or Dead
  • Like 1

We either win our 3 home games, or need to win on the road.

Tbh that would probably be preferrable, can ou imagine goin into the finals without an away win? It would make the league and finals format all the more laughable to have a team in the so called finals having not won an away game all season and for like 2yrs or something, not to mention we'd be playing away...

Tbh that would probably be preferrable, can ou imagine goin into the finals without an away win? It would make the league and finals format all the more laughable to have a team in the so called finals having not won an away game all season and for like 2yrs or something, not to mention we'd be playing away...

That's true, but it could also make for a very satisfying win. Teams in all sports tend to rise for finals, and I would hope the Heart would do the same, home or away (provided they make finals). I do think the structure of the league is a bit of a joke though. The fact that the bottom two sides are still mathematically in contention for finals tells it all. Perhaps in the future they should make it top 4. First round of the finals would involve a home and away leg, followed by the grand final.

That's true, but it could also make for a very satisfying win. Teams in all sports tend to rise for finals, and I would hope the Heart would do the same, home or away (provided they make finals). I do think the structure of the league is a bit of a joke though. The fact that the bottom two sides are still mathematically in contention for finals tells it all. Perhaps in the future they should make it top 4. First round of the finals would involve a home and away leg, followed by the grand final.

There looking to bring in the NPL and doing a FA cup style tournament instead of the finals series...I think
  • Like 1

And who do you propose we start in place of Eli.. Jason Hoffman?

David Williams or Gol Gol Mebrahtu

JA's played GolGol centrally before, citing his pace and good touch as why he's a good fit there.

May be worth trying from the start of a match.

See David Williams v CCM last season when we wore out other fan designed 3rd kit.

• Like 1