Melbourne Football

Marcel Meeuwis

Ando

235706_MeeuwisVI01_1024_205x200.jpg

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/235706/Meeuwis-kiest-voor-tijdelijke-verhuizing-naar-Australie.htm

After his unsuccessful attempt to find shelter in the Netherlands Marcel Meeuwis found shelter in Australia. The midfielder signed for three months at Melbourne Heart.

Morrison was without a club after his contract with VVV-Venlo December 1 in good agreement was terminated. In Limburg Eredivisionist he had no future after a collision with coach Ton Lokhoff.

The 32-year-old midfielder was in the picture at Willem II, but the training with his former club did not lead to a contract. Now he has for three months associated with Melbourne Heart.

Edited by dRoy

Will he make us a better team?? He'd have to be total shite not to. Don't forget our midfield for most of pre-Christmas was Fred on half a leg, Thompson and Hoffman. Things started looking up when Germano returned, but Thommo has had a really ordinary season, and Kalmar today put in the best AM effort for the season so far which says a lot about how bad we've been there. Looking at his profile as a (mostly) DM, we may have to find someone new to take the armband next week.

Someone post YouTube footage of him as I've never seen him play. Defensive mid or attacking mid?

From what I've found around the Internet and his goal scoring record, I'm pretty sure he is a holding midfielder. All the Youtube videos of him are either 5 years old or are interviews in Dutch so I can't help you with that haha.

Holding midfielder according to FM13. Cant be too shabby if he's played in the Eredivisie and Bundesliga in the past 3 years. I'm hoping he's a Germano type player that works hard and plays it clean and simple to allow our attacking players more freedom.

Has played for teams competing in the Dutch 1 or Bundesliga for the last 10+ years, this could be a very good signing, especially because he can trial till the end of the year if he does just have a 3 month contract, downside is if he burns then he is open to bigger offers also

Exactly. We're going to have a good look at him and if he measures up we'll probably offer him a gig for a season or two.

It's not as if we're overloaded with quality in this area. Thompson has had a poor past 12 months, and IMO Germano has not set the world on fire this season.

Very good signing. Remember everyone was keen as to sign valeri Who was struggling to get a game in serie b. just question why the club mightn't have signed him on a longer contract.

I'm going to guess that we want to make sure he adapts to living here etc, as he was hoping to get a contract at his Dutch side

A good move I think