Melbourne Football

Melbourne FC vs Perth Glory, Saturday 9th February, 5.30pm

MHFCRC

Although last night was bitter to swallow it's time to move on.

I'm too keen on this one with the way Perth have been playing. Plus a good kick off time for me that allows pre-pre, pre, post and post-post game Imp time. Work on Sundays early is a killer with 7.30 games.

Predicting us to bounce back, winning well and continuing the decent play we showed last night

Edited by MHFCRC

Must win, everygame is a must win. any team can make the top 6 and we are rite up there!

fucking hate Perth so would be good to make their season go from bad to worse.

2-0 to us, Bablj and Garcia to score

infront of about 5K, wouldnt excpect a good crowd anyway after last nights derby loss.

Interesting to see what JA does

Does he keep Babalj playing as that number 10 in behind the striker who I assume would be Merbrahtu or does he shuffle Garcia to the middle. Merbrahtu to the right and Babalj up front

I'm hoping Garcia to the middle... He can exert more of an influence on the game there.

Just looking at the draw. we have 8 games left, 4 home and 4 away.

Home Games: Perth, Sydney, Adelaide, WSW

Away Games: Newcastle, Wellington, Brisbane, CCM

We need to win all our home games from now in I think to make the 6. I say this because our away record is dismal and we will be lucky to get a point in the wellington and brisbane game. I think brisbane is our best chance, since we always seem to play well against them, although I have no confidence in our away form, so who knows.

Also looking forward to getting my 3rd kit this week for the game.

Edited by Dylan

Tadic out, Hoffman returns from suspension. Can pretty much guarantee the XI that will start, only one that may change is Hoffman at LB and Mitchinson on the bench. Kristian Sarkies would've been handy this season to play alongside Germano, as his distribution is much better than anyone else we have available.

Redmayne

Walker - Vrankovic - Gerhardt - Mitchinson

Germano - Thompson

Gol Gol - Garcia - Williams

Babalj

subs: Bolton, Garuccio, Kalmar, Hoffman

Tadic out, Hoffman returns from suspension. Can pretty much guarantee the XI that will start, only one that may change is Hoffman at LB and Mitchinson on the bench. Kristian Sarkies would've been handy this season to play alongside Germano, as his distribution is much better than anyone else we have available.

Redmayne

Walker - Vrankovic - Gerhardt - Mitchinson

Germano - Thompson

Gol Gol - Garcia - Williams

Babalj

subs: Bolton, Garuccio, Kalmar, Hoffman

I like this squad and think we will run with it I think we have to give Mitchinson the start. The kid came up against a pretty tough opponent on Saturday and was certainly not disgraced. I've watched the replay and again am astounded how out of form Thommo is. He was very very poor Saturday and its a shame to see such an experienced player so down on form. I understand we need experience in front of the youthful back four, but is there anyone who can slot into DM besides Hoff and Thommo? Our transition from Thommo was woeful and, whilst I acknowledge a risk, are there any clean distributors who can play DM in the youth team?? Garcia definitely needs to be in the middle - we need to reclaim the middle of the park.

• Like 1

Must win, everygame is a must win. any team can make the top 6 and we are rite up there!

fucking hate Perth so would be good to make their season go from bad to worse.

2-0 to us, Bablj and Garcia to score

infront of about 5K, wouldnt excpect a good crowd anyway after last nights derby loss.

Would be great to see the two honourary perth hearts in the squad score the winners for us.