Melbourne Football

Round 19 - Visitors FC v Melbourne FC - Sat Feb 2 7.45pm - Etihad Stadium

Hammerhead

Breaking chairs is completely idiotic, especially if the club gets sanctioned for it. Wake up, you're not tough kents for breaking chairs ffs. It's property damage and puts our club in the poorest light. Unfortunately it has overshadowed what was an otherwise great, loud performance by yarraside.

• Like 4

disappointed with the result but our performance was pretty good.

Should've been up 2-0 in the first 15min. At least should've gone into halftime 1-1

Babalj is an outstanding talent, no doubt our best player we've got.

I thought kalmar was great when he came on, and showed what he's capable of. Hopefully he can play like that more often

Williams didn't have a great game, took his goal well but probably could've done better with the last chance.

Gol gol did some good things, very unlucky with his free kick and unlucky with his chances to equalize.

M.Thompson is rubbish. Don't know why we persist with him let alone make him captain. Aloisi should have put Retre on for Thompson in the last 10nin at least.

disappointed with the result but our performance was pretty good.

Should've been up 2-0 in the first 15min. At least should've gone into halftime 1-1

Babalj is an outstanding talent, no doubt our best player we've got.

I thought kalmar was great when he came on, and showed what he's capable of. Hopefully he can play like that more often

Williams didn't have a great game, took his goal well but probably could've done better with the last chance.

Gol gol did some good things, very unlucky with his free kick and unlucky with his chances to equalize.

M.Thompson is rubbish. Don't know why we persist with him let alone make him captain. Aloisi should have put Retre on for Thompson in the last 10nin at least.

Retre wasn't ready. JA knows it. Only in the squad for lack of a better option.

Sad to see sits being ripped up. You (the culprits) have given our club a bad name and should be banned from ever being part of this group. If this is not done the situation will get worse. Time for the club to act.

Do not see how this affects you, so our club may now have a bad rep at etihad but why is that your concern? I'm sure our supporters can continue

to be content with the club regardless of what a small minority have done, and the group of which you speak come to every home game, buy memberships, and stand and sing for the 90, sure it is property damage but they are also doing some good things as well. Let the club deal with this.

Also it seems you are new so Welcome to the Forum Mate :up:

• Like 1

Do not see how this affects you, so our club may now have a bad rep at etihad but why is that your concern? I'm sure our supporters can continue

to be content with the club regardless of what a small minority have done, and the group of which you speak come to every home game, buy memberships, and stand and sing for the 90, sure it is property damage but they are also doing some good things as well. Let the club deal with this.

Also it seems you are new so Welcome to the Forum Mate :up:

Ian Collins has enough money to replace 5 plastic seats, the Heart fans are the only ones that are going to be penalised for it by having tighter restrictions at the next derby.

You also say let the club deal with it....WE are are the club.

Edited by hedaik1

Because our club gets fined for each broken seat

Didn't know that, I stand corrected then, anyone know how much?

The thing is though, its not the true yarraside members who break the seats. Its these 15-16 year old kids who think there tough shit, who basically only rock up for derbies who do it. There was some ACG guy on the second level who was filming people on his camera anyway, might see a couple of bans resulting due to this footage.

Being in the furthest bay from ando and co, its clear we need another chant leader. It seemed to until the goal most of the time the bays were chanting different songs. It gets very hard to hear the yarraside chant co-ordinators from that far.

Edited by kingofhearts

The thing is though, its not the true yarraside members who break the seats. Its these 15-16 year old kids who think there tough shit, who basically only rock up for derbies who do it. There was some ACG guy on the second level who was filming people on his camera anyway, might see a couple of bans resulting due to this footage.

Being in the furthest bay from ando and co, its clear we need another chant leader. It seemed to until the goal most of the time the bays were chanting different songs. It gets very hard to hear the yarraside chant co-ordinators from that far.

Do you think I'll get banned for standing on the seat?

Yeah, why the fuck was there some kid at the far end of bay 19 (basically sat near/next to the heart family area) making chants of his own and got some people into it while the capo was saying something different. Fucking annoyed the shit out of me when there are mixed chants going around and we all looked retarded at times.

and even so, some guys at the back of bay 19 were doing their own chants as well....

Edited by Young Polak

I thought the Active area was poor. Not the Yarraside, all the derby show ups who just don't have a clue. Was frustrating seeing the capo and crew try an lead chants only to have people chant over the top of them. Great to have these supporters at the game but come to home games against the likes of Perth and sit near the Yarraside and understand what happens. We gotta get that culture better. We will.

In saying all that, all te reports I was getting is we were clearly heard and outsung those mong bastards? Weird. They must be really shite.

Chairs broken? Anyone want to talk about the coin and full water bottle that hit me from Level 2 Victory fans that could have done serious damage? Nah guess not. Yet we focus on chairs broken.....

Overall performance was decent from the lads but we gotta take our chances. That's two derbies in a row we should have beaten them if we took our chances. Have to improve that.

Oh and Gol Gol is so important to us.

• Like 3

Must admit I was pretty disappointed with some fellow heart fans abusing other fellow heart fans one guy threw a can at him and verbally abused the guy next to him just because he held his banner up. Not good lads.

Saw this, to be fair to the bottle thrower it was a shit banner and the person who kept holding it up deserved all the abuse he got.

Must admit I was pretty disappointed with some fellow heart fans abusing other fellow heart fans one guy threw a can at him and verbally abused the guy next to him just because he held his banner up. Not good lads.

Saw this, to be fair to the bottle thrower it was a shit banner and the person who kept holding it up deserved all the abuse he got.

Attacking our own is a definite no no. You're kidding with that statement.

• Like 2

Ok sweet i'll bring a 'got milk' banner at the next game then

Sad to see sits being ripped up. You (the culprits) have given our club a bad name and should be banned from ever being part of this group. If this is not done the situation will get worse. Time for the club to act.

Chill.

Active area. Away bay. Different Ground. Our Rivals. Archie Thompson. ACG. Ref.

Edited by ton1no
  • Like 3

1) away derbies bring out the worst in everyone.

2) I thought we were quite hard done by during the match. The ref was playing to an audience and our boys copped it.

3) Babalj playing behind our striker - yes please

4) Victory fans are abhorrent. Spitting on us from the level above, coins and other rubbish raining down on us at the final whistle is an absolute disgrace.

5) Derby specials :droy:

Why were no seats thrown at them? Or the boys go up and pay them a visit?

Ok sweet i'll bring a 'got milk' banner at the next game then

Do what you want mate. I'm not the one with an issue.

1) away derbies bring out the worst in everyone.

2) I thought we were quite hard done by during the match. The ref was playing to an audience and our boys copped it.

3) Babalj playing behind our striker - yes please

4) Victory fans are abhorrent. Spitting on us from the level above, coins and other rubbish raining down on us at the final whistle is an absolute disgrace.

5) Derby specials :droy:

Why were no seats thrown at them? Or the boys go up and pay them a visit?

Lol, trying to throw seats a level above will likely result in them only falling back down on the Heart supporters. Either way this breaking seats business is only costing the club money. I'm all for flares in terms of creating an atmosphere, but I wonder if the Victory North End will cop it or not. There were at least 6-8 flares, with an additional one let off outside the ground on the bridge.

Wasn't involved, but you should be banned from this forum. If this is not done the situation will get worse. Time for the mods to act.

Nice response very mature.

If we were actually louder than the Victory supporters they must have been far worse than I thought.

We weren't really helped by the Derby Specials that showed up, so I'm surprised that we were as loud.

As for the game, we had our chances and just couldn't finish, adding to them getting the run of decisions from the ref resulted in the loss, but it was pretty even overall, which was good considering our inexperience and fairly new set up on the park.