Melbourne Football

MHFC Reserves - State League Two

LR9

It's not the greatest but to be honest it is quite enjoyable (although I am talking from a south-east viewpoint)

I have followed Box Hill United through their promotion and that was quite enjoyable. A mix of youth and experience, with a lot of rawness, plenty of mistakes but then the A-League isn't much better there, and the Refs are just as shit.

Will be interesting to see what happens given the backing Heart has (depending on what they put behind this) compared to the other clubs.

I also am wondering if they will sell memberships to this or if there will be none of if it will become part of the overall package? at Box Hill it was (for a full fare) $40 for a full season ticket... and that was for both Mens and Womens and their Womens is in the PL.

So now can we please keep Zac Walker?

Didn't he just sign on at Dandy Thunder?

Yes, I don't know why we don't want him.

Because our football club believes it should play the same formation forever, and there is no role for a Striker like Zac in this formation...

At CF/Number Nine: He is too Short.

At AM/Number Ten: He is not Creative Enough.

At RW/Number Seven: He really Struggles to get Involved in the Play.

I saw him score a couple of nice goals against Port Melbourne during pre-season, but haven't seen anything from him since.

P.S. and slightly off topic, why didn't we sign Andreas Govas? He impressed me in that game...he's now playing in Greece's Football League (second tier).

• Like 1

Good news. The last few times I've been to Epping Stadium the pitch has been in superb condition. Great stadium.

Out of interest, who will you be supporting when we play Preston?

I will be supporting Preston. They are my number 1 team in Victoria and always will be. That said, I'll be hoping that both teams do well. My choice wouldn't be as clear for the match between the Heart reserves and Sydenham.

I'm going to make more of an effort to attend state games this upcoming season. Some interesting match-ups in that league.

would be great to see this team be playing in the VPL in a couple of years

once this team gets into the VPL, it could be a great way to trial foreigners in the a-league off season

Hate to be a killjoy - But I think you guys are underestimating the kind of money that is spent to keep VPL teams in the top division...

What kind of money is spent? It's an amateur league!!

No reserve team and all matches (bar one on a Tuesday) are Wednesday night games. At least it won't clash with my games...

So it seams they are going in with an odd numbered league and that we will play the mid week game every week. Who ever played us mid week will also have a second game that week will still weekend, avoiding any bye. However I wonder weather there will be any issues with the FFV Cup...

Great that all games are on Wednesdays, means it doesn't clash with training/games, all games are at night (Y) and home games are around the corner from me.

I'm guessing the squad will be made up of mostly current youth team players, plus those players who or in Josip Skoko's development squad and maybe some senior prospects like that kid Guerrero, etc.

Also I'm just guessing, but it's a good chance that Skoko will be the head coach...

No reserve team and all matches (bar one on a Tuesday) are Wednesday night games. At least it won't clash with my games...

So it seams they are going in with an odd numbered league and that we will play the mid week game every week. Who ever played us mid week will also have a second game that week will still weekend, avoiding any bye. However I wonder weather there will be any issues with the FFV Cup...

Great that all games are on Wednesdays, means it doesn't clash with training/games, all games are at night (Y) and home games are around the corner from me.

I'm guessing the squad will be made up of mostly current youth team players, plus those players who or in Josip Skoko's development squad and maybe some senior prospects like that kid Guerrero, etc.

Also I'm just guessing, but it's a good chance that Skoko will be the head coach...

It's all pretty awesome to be honest!

P.S. and slightly off topic, why didn't we sign Andreas Govas? He impressed me in that game...he's now playing in Greece's Football League (second tier).

I wonder the same thing! I really think he would have brought something to this team and I just don't understand why he wasn't given the chance! Was better then half our midfielders!

Cadete, You seem very knowledgeable in regards to the state league. How likely do you think it is that we'll get promoted this season?

To throw my 2cents in here, I think depending on how many of our current youth players are in this squad, promotion from state div two will be likely, however state div one would be the tricky one!

I also wonder IF we were to be promoted, would we have the same fixturing card dealt to us? or would they work us in properly?

would be great to see this team be playing in the VPL in a couple of years

once this team gets into the VPL, it could be a great way to trial foreigners in the a-league off season

Hate to be a killjoy - But I think you guys are underestimating the kind of money that is spent to keep VPL teams in the top division...

What kind of money is spent? It's an amateur league!!

The VPL is actually a Semi Professional League (Big Difference to an Amateur League).

All the players are paid and some earn a decent amount of money, many are also given job's by club associates which sees them earn more than a lot of A League players on base salaries.

In fact when a club wins the VPL Title it has everything to do with the board's spending a decent amount on players and nothing to do with a club’s supporter base: just look at the top clubs of recent times Green Gully, Dandenong, Hume City.

Cadete, You seem very knowledgeable in regards to the state league. How likely do you think it is that we'll get promoted this season?

The biggest issue with promotion for Heart will always be that club's focus with this side will always be on trailing and developing players over achieving success at State League level.

I could see such a side being promoted to SL1.

However the top sides in SL1 are very competitive and the money they offer to players as they chase promotion to the VPL is pretty good so TBH with our goals being on development – I find it hard to see us winning promotion to the VPL.

How about the youth players that are already signed to a VPL Or state 1 team?

Who do they play for ?

Who are you referring to?

NYL players for 2013/2014 I suspect would play for us and players wanting a senior contract would play for us...

(Those too old for another NYL contract and who wont be getting a senior contract will move on to VPL clubs and other offers.)

What's the typical squad size at this level? Is there a player cap?

I dont think there would be a player cap, and the size of the clubs in this league would really vary as some clubs may have large Junior Setups whilst others maybe more restricted by their area.

I think the Bus talk is a bit premature, its not like we get Buses to shuttle fans to NYL games and I think PPL need to see the reality of what Local Soccer in outer surburban grounds is all about first.

People need to around this, it's a good step forward for the club and it'll be interesting to see some up and coming players plying their trade.

No reason why we can't push for a shuttle, we might see more people out there if it's easier to get to.

People need to around this, it's a good step forward for the club and it'll be interesting to see some up and coming players plying their trade.

No reason why we can't push for a shuttle, we might see more people out there if it's easier to get to.

Public Transport Victoria is a sponsor of the Heart. I can see no reason why we should not ask for a shuttle. If the club is serious about people actually attending these games...

Public Transport Victoria is a sponsor of the Heart. I can see no reason why we should not ask for a shuttle. If the club is serious about people actually attending these games...

I am sure the club are already onto this, if not I will certainly be enquiring. Needs to be done, would be great if we all support this, which we should, and get decent crowds there.

I will certainly try and make every game.

This is a great thing that the club has done and it makes sense and fits on so many levels.. It means you can genuinely support this club...and I mean CLUB all year round in some form or another..

However, the process has been horrible. FFV didn't consult or inform other clubs and apparently this was signed off on in December but the other clubs only found out this week when the fixtures were released!! Horrible stuff and could have many implications....especially goodwill towards the club from the wider football community. Other clubs have the right to be pissed off.. Typical FFV.

The other thing is it's farken far, especially for people like me in the south east.. Just impossible for midweek games..

But that aside, it really is fantastic..

Edited by kontra.11

What's a standard crowd in state league two? We should be aiming to top that figure at all our home games at least.

Ye what's the average crowd in state league 2?

Probably a few hundred at tops. Some clubs would get bugger all and others would have a decent following. Attendance considerably drops however if you look at a club that was in the VPL and has since been relegated. I think the Heart Youth team should be able to pull decent crowds given they play during the A-League off-season and their introduction is very positive news.