Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart v Melbourne Victory 22/12/2012

Tony999

Derby is not far away so thought I'd start a topic. But what I need to know is that I'm trying to buy 2 tickets for guys that have never been but when I try and purchase the 2 tickets, ticketek gives me this msg: "Purchase of any of "Adult", "Concession (Pension/Student)", "Child (4-14 years inclusive)", "Family (2Adt + 2Jnr or 1Adt + 3Jnr)" requires purchase of another ticket type." And I am unable to proceed. WTF??

Would absolutely love to have Germano. Anyone know how many minutes he got in today?

Just a few things

- Bolton had a nightmare last night but short memories on here. World class save vs Glory just last week and a very good overall game. I think he has been decent. Perhaps he is on notice but no one I'd be bringing in Redmayne now, especially in such a huge game.

- We will hear the regular million calls to drop Colosimo. Average player but was awesome last night. Don't drop guys when they are one of only two players to show anything

- Please, PLEASE JA play guys on the bench who offer some versatility. Vrannakovic's role seems to be eating a few seconds coming on as a sub if we want to hold onto a result. Tadic and D-Mac should never be on the same pitch and D-Mac cannot be that much better than the next sub. Williams can go central with GolGol wide if we need to sub Tadic (I'd only do it for injury considering he is in our top 2-3.

- Don't wanna hate on the Hoff, probably rate him more than anyone here but gotta go. Marrone is just not offering us enough considering his ability, I'd use the situation to come him to DM.

Bolton

J.Walker- Gerhardt, Colosimo- Behich

Marrone-Thompson

Fred

Garcia- Tadic- Williams

Redmayne, Mitchinson, GolGol, Germano (Kalmar if he isn't fit)

Harsh on Kalmar, better footballer than a few in the side, just not sure he fills a role well enough.

• Like 1

It's either D-Mac or Tadic. That's JA's problem, trying to cram in his best 11/15 rather than roles/tactics.

I think D-Mac's alright, better player than a few in the squad but he can't play with Tadic. Unless JA and co think Tadic will struggle to see out 90 mins I'd leave him out of tge squad.

BTW VIctory looking good at the moment.

Edited by Rocco Jones

Start Germano, even if he has to be subbed off at the 45-55 minute mark. He will offer us a lot more than what we currently have, when it matters most.

Bring Fred on later in the game, he has really struggled the past few weeks, when the game opens up a little he can help us control the game.

I think it's a to big and import game to bring Redders in for his first start, and TBH Bolton has rarely faulted in these games.

We can't have Dmac and Tadic in the same squad as they don't offer enough of a diffidence for one of them to warrant taking up a valuable bench place, which will force as to go in with a pre-determined plan and little flexibility. Tadic is obviously the stronger player, so DMac should go out, with Golgol on the bench as the 'designated' attacker.

Its a home game and we must 'play for win', I'd like to see Aziz a little more advanced, like he was with the Socceroos, while we know Mitchinson is more than capable of playing at LB.

If i was in JA's shoes I'd line up like this:

Bolton

Marrone - Gerhardt - Colosimo - Mitchinson

Germano - Thompson

Garcia

Williams - Tadic - Behich

B: Redders, Vranks, Fred, Golgol

Out: DMack, Hoff, Kalmar, Gray

Injured: Mate, Garuccio, Grella

Edited by LR9
  • Like 5

DMs are so important to JA's formation/tactical style. No wonder we went for Grella and got Garcia with that in mind despite having Germano and Thompson.

Thing is Germano and Grella haven't played a min, Thommo is struggling and Garcia needed in a more attacking role due to Mate bring injured/Fred struggling/Garcia being easily our best player. So we play Hoff...

Part of the problem we have is that everyone gets too excited about the derby. Winning it gives us local bragging rights, but there are eight other teams in the league and if we regularly beat all of them it wouldn't matter a stuff what we did in the derby.

We won the Christmas derby last season, Sydney the following week and then fell apart.

Gonna miss this game due to being interstate...

Have a feeling we are going to get over run. The tactics from the first derby won't be as effective this time which means that the boys are going to have to hold onto the ball for periods of time to relieve pressure..

Our ability or lack of to do this against Central Coast has me very scared..

Anyone meeting at the Imperial before the game? What are the plans maaaaaannnn?

Derby day plans:

1. Wake up.

2. Go to pub.

"YSIDE Wake Up and Go To Pub Krew"

Pub Krew???

One the many infamous Crew's within YSIDE...

Up there with the "Eat Dinner of a Plate Yside Crew" and the "Shit In The Toliet Yside Crew".

tables have turned dramatically since we beat them round 1..they are playing really attractive football with some exciting kids in nabout and rojas..whereas we are playing boring shit with a bunch of 30 year olds..be happy with a draw

I agree things have changed a fair bit...

But Garcia and The Ditch IMO are prob even more exciting to watch than Nabbout and Rojas...