Melbourne Football

Introduction Thread

Buddy Farah

G'Day all

Ive been a mad one eyed Tigers fan since i was a Kid. I always enjoyed playing soccer but i never followed the NSL or A League. A fellow tigers mate took me to a derby last season and i was hooked. This season i bought an active membership. I go to as many games as i can.

Now im a mad one eyed Tigers and Heart fan.

• Like 3

how can i change my username?

G'Day all

Ive been a mad one eyed Tigers fan since i was a Kid. I always enjoyed playing soccer but i never followed the NSL or A League. A fellow tigers mate took me to a derby last season and i was hooked. This season i bought an active membership. I go to as many games as i can.

:up:

G'Day fellas, Im alex.

I've been a supporter of the a league since i was 10, following the victory. On saturday my mate took me to a heart game and I must say i was impressed. I've slowly watched the quality of victory decay and I'm glad that melbourne football has heart to rely on.

Go the boys in red!!!!

G'Day all

Legend!

G'Day all

Love your username as I also support the Tigers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Have been a Heart member since the start of season two.

Followed Victory when there was no one else to follow but cracked it with their overally direct style.  Being a country lad, it just doesnt cut the mustard to follow a team that has cheap success built in years where the league was still growing.

It makes me laugh every time I hear a Victory fan ramble on about the past and how they are the "big and best" team in the league, yet it has only been under Ange and a foriegn style to their success that has them playing well.  It also makes me laugh when those same people lament Victory for trying to be methological for the simple reason they have been shite is years gone past for trying to play too direct (aka the way they played in the early days). 

But I digress.  What I love about Heart is they have tried to build the club from scratch with the right mentality on the pitch.  Hasn't always worked and there have always been a few bad decisions made by those in charge, but at least they are there.  The club is doing okay financially too, which is great to know the club is setting itself up well - even if that forces the club to be a little contradictionary from time to time (ie selling the better younger players to balance the books but leaving the team short in terms of short term ability).

• Like 2

Where in the country are you from Matty?

Ballarat boy, born and raised.

One of the great thnigs over my time following Heart is actually seeing the number of Heart shirts constantly grow on train trips.  Ballarat took to Victory pretty well, but now you start to see more Heart gear on train trips (and even around town!!!) so its good to see the club actually getting support around the place.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Nick, from Ballarat- now Geelong. Long-time Heart fan, well as long as you can be.

And don't let the Cisse photo fool you, I actually know a bit about the game.

Love a bit of banter, although the negativity of forums can get a bit much, so will see how long this lasts.

• Like 1

I'm Nick, from Ballarat- now Geelong. Long-time Heart fan, well as long as you can be.

And don't let the Cisse photo fool you, I actually know a bit about the game.

Love a bit of banter, although the negativity of forums can get a bit much, so will see how long this lasts.

Welcome aboard mate

hi guys jt here. Been to most games in past 2 years and big supporter! Hoping the best for this season it should be a good one! Just waiting on news for a few re-signings and if we are to get a marquee player. My hopes on a marquee arnt too high atm but could only make M.H.F.C a powerhouse if we do sign one!

• Like 2