Melbourne Football

Introduction Thread

Buddy Farah

My name is Temujin. I am the sovereign of the sunrise.

You may refer to me as the great khan.

My interests include riding horses, pillaging towns and slaughtering Victory fans.

With my aid we shall drive the unwashed masses from the Melbourne steppe and drown the land in Red & White.

I love it, Welcome!

Hey everyone. My name's Tom.

I'm a 26 year old English ex-pat, and I moved to Melbourne back in February from the Gold Coast. Seeing as my A-League team doesn't exist anymore, I've chosen to follow the Heart. They're new to Melbourne, and so am I, so I thought it makes sense. I know I want to live in this city for a very long time and I want a local team to follow. Trouble is, I don't know any football fans in this city and I can't stand AFL. I figure this is the right place from which to enter a new community. If anyone needs an extra voice and another round of beer in their group, I'm really keen to get in contact and hit up some games. I already have the jersey in the mail, I just need some drunk blokes to goon-up with a sing along to.

• Like 1

Hay guys, im Dillon, have been to a few heart games last season, but i have purchased a season ticket and pumped!! was there last night and was wrapped!.. some weeks i might be coming alone, maybe i can join in the cheersquad whos the best to talk to? will be ordering the new jersey!!! woo GO HEART

Whats doin everyone, names peter. Haven't been at many a-league games for a while. Used to go to a couple of victory games back in the day, then decided not to follow them because of the large amount of gay cunts and muzzas. Because of this i gave up on the a-league. been following hearts progression since they where created but never got around to a game. Ended up watching the game last night it gave me much joy watching victory loose, will definately get around to getting down to AAMI park this season to watch a couple of heart games.

G'day guys, I'm John and been a supporter since day 1.

My favourite player is 'The Seagull' Kristian Sarkies.

Hey my names Kristian Sarkies, some people like to call me The Seagull. I used to play for the heart, but I didn't make the cut. Hope to see you at the games

First Sarkies was your favourite player, now you ARE Sarkies? Seems legit.

Edited by jdavisheart
  • Like 2

hey all!!

Been on Heart since day dot. Love everything that these guys stand for.

Since I tend to venture to most games alone, I'd love to get in amongst the fans behind the goals!!

We need to get the song singing too.... would sound awesome sung by 20k fans!! (obviously not quite as big, but thinking the "never walk alone" type)

True until I Die!!

Hey lads

IM Aiden (gadget) haven't been to a heart match never followed or liked victory. so I just bought a heart membership and will be in the terrace against Phoenix. Looking forward to meet as much of you as I can and help by singing for the full 90. and I Won't be wearing Merch.

• Like 2

G'day Fellas

I'm JPS and as an interstate fan I haven't had much opp to see the beloved red and white (bit hard living in enemy territory) but I've always tried to do my bit anyway! Got such a buzz from the win the other night that I'm coming down this week. Also looking forward to meeting everyone in the terrace!

• Like 2

Morning Chaps,

I'm a 39 year old Burnley fan moving from the UK in a few months time and want to get into the a league.

At the risk of getting a load of abuse, I know next to feck all about the A league, apart from there are 2 teams in Melbourne. I've had a look on the club websites and googled a few things but can somebody let me know the difference between Heart and the other lot who play in Blue. After watching Burnley for years I'm not bothered about champagne football and prefer going for a craic with the lads and a few pints.

Can I just pay on the gate, like you can at Burnley or do you have to buy your tickets in advance, where's the best place to watch the game etc?

Sorry for the questions but after watching Burnley most of my life, I've got no idea how it works in oz.

Cheers

• Like 3

Morning Chaps,

I'm a 39 year old Burnley fan moving from the UK in a few months time and want to get into the a league.

At the risk of getting a load of abuse, I know next to feck all about the A league, apart from there are 2 teams in Melbourne. I've had a look on the club websites and googled a few things but can somebody let me know the difference between Heart and the other lot who play in Blue. After watching Burnley for years I'm not bothered about champagne football and prefer going for a craic with the lads and a few pints.

Can I just pay on the gate, like you can at Burnley or do you have to buy your tickets in advance, where's the best place to watch the game etc?

Sorry for the questions but after watching Burnley most of my life, I've got no idea how it works in oz.

Cheers

No worries at all

Difference- culturally Victory are self righteous ego-maniacs that take themselves WAY to seriously where we tend to be a bit more inviting and jovial (i feel anyway)

You can get tickets at the gate but easier if you get them online before hand so you dont have to line up on the day

Best spot to watch is bay 17 (ask for an active support ticket). Be sure you head down to the imperial hotel before a game and introduce yourself.

• Like 3

Morning Chaps,

Cheers

It's simple.

If your like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqFAi_onEKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC4Wb2cc58E

then support Heart.

If on the other hand you think this is football

support the other lot (they will make you appreciate Burnley).

See you Yarraside

Peter

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

I'm turnermate, and yes I am the mod on West Sydney Football (our forum).

I'm a Wanderers Fan but I was actually born in Melbourne and still love the city. I am here just so I can discuss football with your mob. I'm fine with friendly banter and the like, as long as your not like some of the uncivilised lot from the Cove (not all of them).

Feel free to make me feel welcome here, I'm a nice bloke, and yes, I'm open to insults about Cevapi available at Parramatta Stadium, or flare jokes.

Just saying G'Day!

So they actually sell cevapi at Parra Stadium?

Didn't that Bravas flog say they didn't?

Bravas is correct Cevapi isn't sold there. I was just expecting some sort of joke about it so I decided to make it my opener.

FACTS ABOUT PARRA STADIUM WHEN YOU MAKE THE TRIP

Pre-Drink hard out.

The Beer at Parramatta Stadium is contractually Mid-Strength Tooheys - I don't think its possible to get drunk at that ground. Or at least we have never managed at Eels matches and the few Wanderers games

Hey Guys,

I'm turnermate, and yes I am the mod on West Sydney Football (our forum).

I'm a Wanderers Fan but I was actually born in Melbourne and still love the city. I am here just so I can discuss football with your mob. I'm fine with friendly banter and the like, as long as your not like some of the uncivilised lot from the Cove (not all of them).

Feel free to make me feel welcome here, I'm a nice bloke, and yes, I'm open to insults about Cevapi available at Parramatta Stadium, or flare jokes.

Just saying G'Day!

Well if you're a mod on the WF forums maybe you can sort out why your admin just banned me from your forums today for making a perfectly reasonable post that he was incorrect in his rant about Home fans never having been kept in at other derby matches in Australia by security?

Ridiculous. Didn't even swear or abuse or break any rules and he's banned me without reason because I made him look stupid in correcting him about the BS his writing.

Most oversensitive bunch of zealots running that place. Almost as bad as SFCU and that's saying something.

Edited by FB.

Hai im from Tokyo, moved to Melbourne last year. I like smoking spliffs, eating box, Asashi beers and showing my Japanese pride. If anyone has the same interests be sure to let meh know.

I also have a fetish for threesomes with pregnant women and recently got my wife pregnant so if anyone is keen, pls let me know and ill let you jump in. ^_^

• Like 2

Hai im from Tokyo, moved to Melbourne last year. I like smoking spliffs, eating box, Asashi beers and showing my Japanese pride. If anyone has the same interests be sure to let meh know.

I also have a fetish for threesomes with pregnant women and recently got my wife pregnant so if anyone is keen, pls let me know and ill let you jump in. ^_^

Sounds relevant to my interests mate. As long as our cocks don't touch, count me in.

• Like 1