Melbourne Football

A-League 2012-13 Ladder Predictions

Dylan

Appologies if there is already another thread about this, thought would be a good thing to do a week out from the start of the new A-league season.

Here is my ladder

1. Glory

2. Mariners

3. Roar

4. Wellington

5. Victory

6. Newcastle

7. Sydney

8. Heart

9. Adelaide

10. WSW

I see us going backwards before forwards this year because of new rookie coach and we havent really been impressive in pre-season from what ive heard from this forum Also, if JA is concerend with injury managment then it may fall apart. Put WSW last because they are a bit of an unknown at the moment. But I think it might be another close season aswell

Edited by Dylan

WAY WAY WAY to much credit given here to victory...

My Predictions:

1. Perth

2. Brisbane

--------------------------

3. CCM

4. Wellington

5. Heart

6. Victory

--------------------------

7. Newcastle

8. Adelaide

9. Sydney FC

10. Western Sydney

Victory will win most home games....adelaide will drop....perth for title....i think we will go similar to last season...

WAY WAY WAY to much credit given here to victory...

I know, but it's not just here. They lost their best player from last year (covic) and their best player over the previous couple of years (hernandez) and the player that was supposed to tear the league apart (kewell - and tbh he was starting to come good by the end of the season).

They have only brought in one player who is proven at this level too, Flores (maybe Traore too tbf). Flores is a great player but I don't think he's much better (if at all) than fred, del piero, ono etc. I really don't think overall their squad is any stronger than it was last year and they couldn't even make finals. This year they are favourites somehow.

Like others have said it really is impossible to predict who will finish where on the table. I think Perth, CCM and Roar should do alright again this year. Newcastle, Sydney and Heart have all added quality to their squads so they might improve. Adelaide have been good in the CL so I don't see why they can't improve. It's hard to imagine Wellington not making the finals, the always seem to make it. The only team I would be surprised to see make top 2 would be WSW. I'm not saying they will definitely finish last but it's hard to see which team they will be able to finish above.

1. Perth

2. Brisbane

3. Sydney

4. CCM

5. Heart

6. Newcastle

7. Wellington

8. Adelaide

9. Victory

10. WSW

1. Roar

2. Perth

3. CCM

4. Heart

5.Adelaide

6. Newcastle

7.Wellington

8.Sydney

9. Victory

10.WSW

TBH though I see the top three being set and from 4-9 being a lottery and WSW to struggle throughout. I would think Perth would finish top if it wasn't for them dropping points on the road. Fuck I hope they don't finish top though. Macrii's signature says just about all that needs to be said.

• 5 months later...