Melbourne Football

Grass Roots - Do you play?

forbze

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ha! Playing the team that we lost to in my previous post today. Not losing today would mean we have successfully gone through a whole cycle of playing teams in our league without losing (11 on the trot).

As it stands:

78353865.png

Some snaps from last week. Enjoyed the fact that these 3 photos were in a row. Skinned the cunt.

1343292432_0.jpg

1343292435_0.jpg

1343292439_0.jpg

Bayside league is where it's at these days people. Train once a week if that, rock up 15min before kick off and the interchange bench is the best to ever happen to me. Plus some days you can a complete and utter donkey marking you so you basically do what you want. Enjoying my football so much better since ditching the FFV.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

13 games undefeated to lose 2 in a row when the title race gets really heated. Fuck! Ended up playing a lot more than I expected this season as there were so many injuries/players going away. Probably in the top 3 to 5 players in terms of minutes played in the Reserve team this season. Scored a goal against my old club a few weeks ago but ended up drawing 1-1. Form dropped off the last few weeks which I think coincided with the fact that I wasn't playing for a spot in the team and got pretty comfortable.

Already thinking about next season.

Played first 20 minutes of seniors yesterday! First time ever in my life so pretty happy with that, despite witnessing the brutal world of Seniors Football with a goal conceeded within 40 seconds of kickoff.

• Like 1

couldnt find a more relevant thread, but i would like some feedback by you guys who are good footballers. this is pretty mediocre tbh, but i thought sharing would do no harm. :)

(if you listen closely you can hear the nip of the ball hitting the crossbar.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbjBYZmSOs&feature=player_embedded

Edited by macri

couldnt find a more relevant thread, but i would like some feedback by you guys who are good footballers. this is pretty mediocre tbh, but i thought sharing would do no harm. :)

(if you listen closely you can hear the nip of the ball hitting the crossbar.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbjBYZmSOs&feature=player_embedded

First of all, tekkerz is good (Dribbling in the running motion as opposed to the other way around) so I can tell your not a spastic, although you should dribble with your head up if your just kicking the ball around on your own, good way to learn.

Shot was good & you should keep that shooting technique until you have enough power in your legs to start driving the ball accurately (Putting your shoulders over it essentially). Wouldn't classify that shot you did as a 'Knuckleball' tbh, or any of these other flogs putting videos up of 'Knuckleball' shots. A proper 'Knuckleball' shouldn't go much higher than the crossbar and stay relatively straight IMO.

First one in that video is proper knuckleball.

First of all, tekkerz is good (Dribbling in the running motion as opposed to the other way around) so I can tell your not a spastic, although you should dribble with your head up if your just kicking the ball around on your own, good way to learn.

Shot was good & you should keep that shooting technique until you have enough power in your legs to start driving the ball accurately (Putting your shoulders over it essentially). Wouldn't classify that shot you did as a 'Knuckleball' tbh, or any of these other flogs putting videos up of 'Knuckleball' shots. A proper 'Knuckleball' shouldn't go much higher than the crossbar and stay relatively straight IMO.

First one in that video is proper knuckleball.

thanks dude - and yeah i know, i've hit way better knuckles but never been recording. ill hopefully get a better one up soon.

dribbling with head down was just cause i was tired etc, but then again when i seriously play i have eyes on ball if its me vs defender or shooting, but if anything else my eyes are ahead.

• Like 1

if you're wanting to do a knuckle ball, strike the ball with you laces a bit more, keep your foot almost perfectly straight and try to hit a bit higher on the ball. not bad though, keep practicing.

on another note, if Eastern Lions' seniors win or draw this weekend, we go into state league 1! :lol:

if you're wanting to do a knuckle ball, strike the ball with you laces a bit more, keep your foot almost perfectly straight and try to hit a bit higher on the ball. not bad though, keep practicing.

on another note, if Eastern Lions' seniors win or draw this weekend, we go into state league 1! :lol:

nah, whenever i use laces its usually topspin. i use the high on the inside of my boot - plus these were all from a 30 minute playing period so ill try and get some better clips. horrendously enough, 10 minutes before i started filming i hit a knuckleball that smashed into the exact top left, where the left post meets the crossbar.

nah, whenever i use laces its usually topspin. i use the high on the inside of my boot - plus these were all from a 30 minute playing period so ill try and get some better clips. horrendously enough, 10 minutes before i started filming i hit a knuckleball that smashed into the exact top left, where the left post meets the crossbar.

where the spiders live? ahah

the technique is awkward to start with, but its good. trust.

Saw a Lions game this year, looked damn flash, especially the bloke up front, Harel maybe?

Looking forward to getting back into it this week after missing a few with a bad knee.