Munn

Redmayne

Bolton

Shroj

Aloisi

Goodwin

Germano

Edited by nicotera5

OUT: Maycon, Worm, Terra, Srhoj & Colosimo. They take up a decent chunk of the salary cap, and with 3 being imports surely we could find at least 1 foreigner who would be a genuine starting XI player.

** As much as Terra is a fan favourite, he doesn't suit the system and it would be better to find a genuine left winger who complements Dugandzic & Babalj ** The rest are just plain shit and need to go.

Apparently Maycon already trailing in Asia - But we knew he would not be getting a new contract pretty early this year.

The annoying thing about the thread is that Williams and Hoff will not be going anywhere: Thanks a lot JVS for signing and re-signing these duds.

This is ridiculous to say everyone should be sacked.

Those who should though are:

Hoffman

Maycon

Williams

Ibrahim

I don't see Worm in that list?

All of these players mentioned will be moving on bar those with existing contracts: Williams and Hoff.

It's ridiculous to call for everyone to be sacked. Can't and won't happen anyway. Nor is it sensible to pin the 'blame' on one particular player, or a small group of them. What is needed is a review of the season, not only the playing squad and coaching staff but also the back-room staff as well.

At the end of 2011 we were second in the table on 24 points. After that we won only two more games and collected a measly 13 points. We were in the play-offs only because other sides lost vital games - had they won those we could easily have finished in 8th place.

Even a superficial examination shows that something went awry early in January. At about the same time as performances on the field fell away (both for the seniors and the NYL team) I sensed that off-field issues were not going well. For example, there never was any announcement of the winner of the much-trumpeted Hawaii competition. AFAIK our temporary Fan Engagement Manager left, his position was advertised, but I never saw anything further. I contacted the club on a couple of occasions but received no reply - one instance sticks in my mind when I found a membership card outside AAMI and sought the club's assistance to return it - and received no cooperation whatsoever. While these things may seem trivial in themselves, overall they give me an impression that somehow the club lost its way half-way through the season.

We started with some inexplicable signings - of which poor old Maycon is the classic example - and the failure to sign a second experienced centre-back. A number of others in the squad fell out of favour and were never serious contenders for a first-team gig. There were obvious tensions between Colosimo and JvS. IMO it was January when JvS made up his mind to leave. He became afraid of losing, and that's why our performances became so negative for the second half of the season. In addition, a number of our senior players consistently failed to play up to both their capabilities and their wages.

Mistakes have been made. Learn from them and move forward from here.

• Like 1

agree completely with JW

being eliminated from the finals in the way that we did may just be the wake up call that the club needs. It was a very poor second half of the season despite a decent first half, both on and off the field. The club needs to learn from the mistakes made, and come back stronger next season.

i'll be looking forward to the announcements made regarding coaches and player recruitment.

agree completely with JW

being eliminated from the finals in the way that we did may just be the wake up call that the club needs. It was a very poor second half of the season despite a decent first half, both on and off the field. The club needs to learn from the mistakes made, and come back stronger next season.

i'll be looking forward to the announcements made regarding coaches and player recruitment.

It’s really annoying that at the end of last season we needed a Centre-Half badly,

and the biggest lesson learned at the end of this season is that: We need at a Centre-Half.

At least we signed the attacking midfielder we needed last year in Fred.

However, I cant help wishing that we could have seen a season with Sibon playing as an out and out Number Nine with Fred giving him some decent supply,

• Like 1

Letting loose some of the "dead wood" is vital, I hope we learn from this season and leave 1-2 spots on the roster incase Fred is injured or people don't step up the the plate again (David Williams for example) also we will need 2 CBs because you would think that Good and Hamill will be called up to the olyroos again. If we can get the team 20% better for next year that could be the difference between finishing 6 and finishing top 4.

These 'Sack X and Y' threads and comments reek of MV.net. Good, measured post from JW; I don't always agree with you but what you just posted is the most sensible comment in this thread imo.

The season is over now, its time to look towards building a team for next season. Dont see a problem with discussing who should go and who should stay.

• Like 1

This is my honest opinion on who I think themselves know they are not MH player’s anymore, it is by no means my choice on whether we should try keep them or not:

Maycon – Has already left to try find a job in Asia.

Kamal – Lack of professionalism has cost him.

Kalmar – (I know people will oppose this after last nigh) but fitness is a major concern for the club.

Worm – Not worthy of an international spot.

Terra – Cub deem him as same as the above, plus fitness is not great.

Taseski – Has probably missed the boat due to injury problems.

Sarkies - Can not force his way into the side.

NOTE: Williams and Hoff still have contracts otherwise they would be on this list of names as well.

Edited by cadete

Depending on the terms of the contract, legally, you can.

Its fairly general knowledge that its not worth it for the club to do with Hoff and inparticular Williams...

The other players I listed are out of contract and I am sure more than just Maycon has been told they can start looking for a game elsewhere if they wish.

Edited by cadete