Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

The adelaide advertisers 'mullens sold' article refers to heart and victory competing with adelaide for Flores. Not sure how accurate that's likely to be though given his salary expectations would be at odds with our budget approach. He also doesn't seem to match the 'last visa spot will be a striker' line as I thought he was a winger?

Does ayone actually know what the budget position is? One article ages ago said something about a possible $3m loss last year, without quoting anyone to back it up. And there's been nothing else to support that figure since. So it might have some truth, or it might be complete rubbish. And now, just because the club has a goal of breaking even this coming season, (a goal they've had since season one) people are assuming that everything else including on field success will be neglected in order to achieve that goal.

But until the final spots on the list are filled and the last Visa spot is filled, I'm not making any assumptions. So, how about bringing Flores and Walker into the squad?

Anyone know what Flores is after? Maybe somewhere around $500,000? Who knows, with the money we've saved on Terra, Shroj and Worm, and with Walker probably on minimum wage, we might have room for that.

Pros: possibly the best midfield ever assembled in Australian domestic football, depending on how Gerhardt turns out.

Cons: Relying on a kid, two underperformers in Williams and Hoffman, and Golgol, who's so far been unable to score, to score our goals.

But still, how exciting would it be to have both Fred and Flores, with Walker up front and Dugandzic and Golgol/Williams on the wings. I'd love watching us play.

Perhaps the best signing we could make would be Gina Rinehart.

Not attractive to watch, but good from a financial point of view.

Disagree.

You are presuming she would share her wealth, she is famous for being so cheap that she makes even her close friends and family pay their exact part of the Bill at restaurants.

Also Unattractive Mining Magnates and Soccer dont really mix well IMO.

• Like 1

Sign Bulut and Flores

-----------------Bolton----------------

Marrone--Colosimo--Good--Behich

---------Germano---Gerhardt--------

Dugandzic------Flores---------Fred

------------------Bulut----------------

Yeh, coz Fred would make a brilliant let winger...

• Like 2

Disagree.

You are presuming she would share her wealth, she is famous for being so cheap that she makes even her close friends and family pay their exact part of the Bill at restaurants.

Also Unattractive Mining Magnates and Soccer dont really mix well IMO.

You can tell that I really don't know her very well...

Back under your stone JW.

Edited by jw1739

Sign Bulut and Flores

Marrone--Colosimo--Good--Behich

---------Germano---Gerhardt--------

Dugandzic------Flores---------Fred

------------------Bulut----------------

Fred is wasted on the Left wing imo and Flores will not happen so Fred will be in that number 10 role.

Don't think DM is Germano's best position tbh, would rather play him at RW and put Duga on the left, bring in another DM.

Don't think Bulut is good enough to be our number 1 striker but would be alright for depth there or on the wing (won't happen though).

Sell Good and bring in a top class number 9, Hamill to CB.

Marrone--Colosimo--Hamill--Behich

---------New DM---Gerhardt--------

Germano------Fred---------Dugandzic

------------------Number 9----------------

Bench: Redmayne, Gray, Thompson, Gol Gol

Wingers is probably our weakness here tbh, we have a lot of them but I'm not really confident in their ability. Possibly sign another if we have money left over, Williams could turn out to be like a new signing if he gets fit though.

Confident that team could win the league if the new DM/Gerhardt/Number 9 live up to expectation.

• Like 1

Yeh, coz Fred would make a brilliant let winger...

that's the formation Spain used, the 3 midfielders behind the striker play a more central role.

I'm pretty sure Fred was used as a left winger at times last season. He played there in the first round of finals against Perth iirc

@footballism

the club isn't going to sign another DM, the coaches already see Gerhardt and Germano capable of playing in that position, and even Thompson.

Edited by heart_fan10

that's the formation Spain used, the 3 midfielders behind the striker play a more central role.

I'm pretty sure Fred was used as a left winger at times last season. He played there in the first round of finals against Perth iirc

@footballism

the club isn't going to sign another DM, the coaches already see Gerhardt and Germano capable of playing in that position, and even Thompson.

-we're not Spain.

-He's still less effective on the left, I highly doubt Flores will sign for us.

-I agree we most likely won't sign another DM but I'm also not confident we will win the league this year.

-we're not Spain.

Exactly, the winning formula for A League will never be the same as the one for International Football, and yes I know at times it may be ever so similar but it will never be the same.

People on here have some fantastic leaps of faith in what strategies and skills sets can be achieved and developed at the Domestic level of the game in our country.

I mean seriously do people really think that there is some Attacking Football Holy Scroll at Heart HQ and JVS is looking down from above “Keeping a eye on what is happening so it is still all going to plan???

:rolleyes:

Agreed I cant wait for the name Flores to go away from the Forum for good.

-I agree we most likely won't sign another DM but I'm also not confident we will win the league this year.

I can basicly already predict our biggest problem as far as winning the title will be if this New Striker we sign:

Cannot Score/ Is Injury Prone.

Edited by cadete

Perhaps the best signing we could make would be Gina Rinehart.

Not attractive to watch, but good from a financial point of view.

I'm Sure Clive Palmer will have given her a rave review about the wonders of owning an A-League Franchise.

I'm Sure Clive Palmer will have given her a rave review about the wonders of owning an A-League Franchise.

I bet Nathan Tinkler sings to himself every day "This is so fucken easy" about bluffing the League's head honchos.

The ugly bastard pulled out that classic "I will dump you if you dont have sex with me" line only to see eventually Buckley and Lowry open both their legs.

Hardly complicated fucken Game Theory.

Edited by cadete

-we're not Spain.

it's got nothing to do with 'being spain.' We're also not holland yet we appointed a dutch coach the last 2 seasons, and played a 4-3-3 formation. I'm just pointing out a possible formation that has obviously been effective for a team with an abundance of central midfielders which is what we have at the moment. I'm of the belief that we have to look at the types of players that we have and work a formation that fits the team instead of trying to fit players into a certain formation.

I agree he is less effective on the left, but that formation allows him to play more centrally which is why i posted it. Obviously it's not likely we'll sign flores but we still need another attacking player to play a similar role. I think we need to use that last visa spot on a quality striker, but i also believe we still need to sign another AM because Fred clearly cannot do it all by himself.

Don't get me wrong, i can see where you're coming from with signing another DM. Personally i would have liked to keep Srhoj as well as signing Gerhardt, which would have meant we'd be well covered in all areas of our defensive third regardless of injuries. Unfortunately in this league, the salary cap prevents teams from having a 'perfect' squad where every position is covered well. We've still got a fairly decent defensive third, probably the best we've had as a club so far (assuming that Good stays), and now the focus must be on signing some quality attacking players because right at this moment, our attacking third is the worst we've had as a club.

hahaha!i was going to jokingly say yesterday after spains success JA & JD are looking at getting in Flores & Bresch and playing 4-6-0 with a false 9

Marrone--Colosimo--Hamil--Behich

Bresciano--------Fred-------Thompson

Dugandzic------Flores-------Germano

-------------------------------------------

Bench: Redmayne, Gray, Gerhardt,Kalmar

:P:rolleyes:

think we should look in argentina.

as much as it kills me my team are in nacional B and failed in a playoff. there could be a mass exit in some players and very good players would be worth having a look at some players from

rosario central

instituto

patronato

etc etc

flores would be awesome but doubt it will happen. worth a look in nacional B great talents.

if the club was smart they would be looking for players in the greek leauge....

Totally agree with this comment. I am sure Ange Postecoglou will look at the Greek league and so should JA and JD. There will be some good visa players who aren't very expensive

Was nobody at the fan forum?

This.

Cliffs are:

Greece is broke but their players still want to earn big money, which we cant afford.

Also LOL @ everyone just suggesting players from their own ethnicity in the last several posts.

• Like 2

Wouldnt it be lovely if the club was saving all this money to bring in a big name.. but unfortunately that wont happen..

Ill chuck some names out there though just for fun :

Hugo Rodallega

Louis Saha

Michael Owen

Peter Lovenkrands

Alan Smith

Patrick Agyemang

Ricardo Fuller

Somen Tchoyi

This.

Cliffs are:

Greece is broke but their players still want to earn big money, which we cant afford.

Also LOL @ everyone just suggesting players from their own ethnicity in the last several posts.

Yeah get a welsh player......na they are shit

Wouldnt it be lovely if the club was saving all this money to bring in a big name.. but unfortunately that wont happen..

Ill chuck some names out there though just for fun :

Hugo Rodallega

Louis Saha

Michael Owen

Peter Lovenkrands

Alan Smith

Patrick Agyemang

Ricardo Fuller

Somen Tchoyi

Hugo Rodallega in any team in the A Leauge would win the title...his a freak but a bit too good for this leauge...

the rest of them...wow!!! imagine owen or alan smith in a heart top!!

very jizz worthy lol...

always this time of year mis AFL season I get excited for the A Leauge to begin...(pointless to some people but im just sharing my excitment)

"Melbourne Victory and Heart reportedly well advanced in talks to sign" quote from article (off @bonitamersaides twitter article) About signing Flores... #signflores #startwalker

If true, one would assume he would rather come to us for a few reasons.

The biggest being that he has so much respect for Adelaide that if there was another reasonable option he would surely choose against MV.

He would also have another young Argie teammate.

And we have plenty of cap room to fit him in.

whether it's true or not, it would be a good opportunity to get the visitors back for stealing solorzano off us last season

EDIT: if we do get him, it's even more depressing that Babalj missed out on the opportunity to get service from both flores and fred :(

Edited by heart_fan10

Hugo Rodallega in any team in the A Leauge would win the title...his a freak but a bit too good for this leauge...

the rest of them...wow!!! imagine owen or alan smith in a heart top!!

very jizz worthy lol...

always this time of year mis AFL season I get excited for the A Leauge to begin...(pointless to some people but im just sharing my excitment)

Supposedly Everton are looking at Rodallega

Supposedly Everton are looking at Rodallega

LFC too, this lad may as well have suggested RVP, because it is just as unlikely.

I don't know why people persist with these 'fun' hypotheticals, that will clearly never, ever happen, add nothing to the forum and just derail general conversation.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 3