Melbourne Football

Michael Mifsud

Tommykins

At training today, just ran laps, has a shocking haircut apparently

Mate youve put my mind at ease with your souce as usual.

This is 100% right?? Yeah 100% at training, dunno if pen has been put to paper though.

You'd think that he has put pen to paper. No point on coming all the way from Malta just to gain and go back unless he fails a medical.

Should be announced tomorrow I reckon

I preferred this place when it was the Greeks talking shit.

You have told us your not getting a membership cos of Kewell and now this signing.

Then you told us because of these two signing you think the club should fold.

Thats your opinion Fair Enuf.

Buy why are you still posting on here then???

To read about your sneakers and men's haircuts.......

Listen I've had time to think about it and I've decided I'm ok with signing the little bloke. 

Edited by bazzatron
  • Like 2

Official:

Mifsud joins Melbourne Heart FC

Wednesday, 18 September 2013 10:12 AM

00075076-leadimage.png

Melbourne Heart FC has strengthened its strike force for the Hyundai A-League 2013-14 season, capturing Maltese captain Michael Mifsud on a one-season deal.

Mifsud, 32, remains Malta’s most prominent footballer and is the country’s all-time top scorer, twice being crowned Maltese Sports Person of the Year during an international career that spans 13 years and has yielded 37 goals in 99 appearances.

With a Club career spanning FC Kaiserslautern (Bundesliga) and Coventry City (English Championship), Mifsud joins the Red and White with a recognised pedigree at club and international level, having last week started in narrow losses against Denmark and Bulgaria.

Melbourne Heart FC Head Coach John Aloisi is excited at Mifsud’s arrival.

“Michael has scored goals at whatever level he has played at,” Aloisi said.

“He is an exciting footballer and will be a dynamic influence in our attack.

“As the captain of Malta, he has played against the very best teams in the world and held his own. It’s not easy to lead the line against the likes of Italy and Croatia, and test those defences, something which he has done regularly.”

Described as ‘The Mosquito’ for his diminutive stature and blistering speed, Mifsud’s mobility allows him to play anywhere in attack, although he has carved out his career as a central striker.

Famous for scoring a double for Coventry City to knock Manchester United out of the Carling Cup, the Maltese captain helped his national team to the country’s first World Cup qualifying win in 20 years with a goal against Armenia last June.

Mifsud will wear the number 11 and is the 23rd player on the Club’s Roster.

Player Details
Name: Michael Mifsud
Height: 1.65m
Previous Clubs: Sliema Wanderers, FC Kaiserslautern, Lillestrom, Coventry City, Valletta.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Mifsud-joins-Melbourne-Heart-FC/75076

Edited by Murfy1

I'm only kidding about the haircut. I love a good shit haircut. :P keep up the good work scouting the training sash. I love your little tid bits you share with us.

They probably went to Latrobe so the media could do a press conference. There arnt any offices out in epping right?

They probably went to Latrobe so the media could do a press conference. There arnt any offices out in epping right?

I'd say you're right. Epping has a good training surface but is a long long way for most people to get to. I don't think I've ever seen Davutovic venture as far as La Trobe let alone basically South Morang/Wollert territory.

Links to getty images, which has a few photos of Mifsud

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/michael-mifsud-of-the-heart-controls-the-ball-during-a-news-photo/180914761

The pitch currently looks pretty good at La Trobe. 

Apparently Mifsud is doing an interview with SBS Maltese radio shortly. Heart doing well with media engagement.

Edited by Murfy1

Ha. Who cares about his hair. Congratulations to Libba and the rest of our Maltese fans! I'm confident he'll be the best striker we've ever had. (Which I keep pointing out, isn't setting the bar all that high.)

Im beyong excited boys.

I have pained the office white with the announcement.

gGot the cleaners working overtime on this one :D

• Like 1

Ha. Who cares about his hair. Congratulations to Libba and the rest of our Maltese fans! I'm confident he'll be the best striker we've ever had. (Which I keep pointing out, isn't setting the bar all that high.)

Im beyong excited boys.

So excited you can't type. 

• Like 1

Im beyong excited boys.

He's using one hand  ;)

• Like 1

Im beyong excited boys.

well the hands are a little sticky so im finding it hard to type atm :lol:

I've been out there twice. I don't think there's much out there at all TBH. The cynic in me suggests that we use it as a sop to Craig Ondarchie more than anything else. 

Heart unveils new signing Misfud

By Tom Frederico September 18, 2013

Melbourne Heart today unveiled its new signing Michael Misfud for the 2013/2014 A-League Season.

Misfud, who has earned 99 caps for Malta, will add another goal-scoring option for Heart. The striker has netted

39 goals for Malta, and enjoyed successful stints at FC Kaiserslauten and Coventry City.

Heart Coach John Aloisi monitored Misfud closely, prior to signing him.

“I saw the runs that he makes as a striker, they are the runs I’m looking for.

“He’s very quick, he’s direct, and in the box you can see he’s a goal-scorer”

Misfud knocked back other offers in Europe to join Heart, and explained why he chose to come to Melbourne.

“I know here (Melbourne) is a good place to live, the football is improving, so we took the opportunity to come here and play good football as well”

Misfud will miss Heart’s opening game of the season against local rivals Melbourne Victory due to International duty, something Aloisi expected with a signing of Misfud’s calibre.

“It is disappointing, but when we signed him we knew he still had commitments with his national team”.

Misfud will likely be the final signing for Heart, with Aloisi confident in the squad he has assembled.

http://www.mfootball.com.au/heart-unveils-new-signing-misfud/

Edited by Murfy1

I've been out there twice. I don't think there's much out there at all TBH. The cynic in me suggests that we use it as a sop to Craig Ondarchie more than anything else. 

We use Epping because the ground is fantastic.

There aren't any rooms adequate for a press conference, though, so Dylan, I assume you're correct.