Melbourne Football

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

Hope so. Last real chance to get the fans back and get some silverware.
  3. Rudan was a done deal late last year/early this year. Suffice to say he would have known who WU were getting as coaches. Let’s hope City gets a good head coach at this point.
  4. Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

What is this article? A Western United coach making comments on City visa signings?
  5. Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

So a bloke who hasn't played football in a year fits this how? Every club parrots this exact line.
  6. Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

No more youth coaches please.
  7. The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

Are we going to chant to WU "Shit part of Melbourne! You've got the shit part of Melbourne!"?
  8. The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

WU are probably still negotiating with Rudan's missus. She wasn't happy with Wellington - imagine how she feels about Tarneit.
  9. The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

Not happy but still will be announced or not not announced yet due to this reason? Surely, if he was head coach wouldn't they have announced him by now?
  10. Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

One things for sure, I'll be giving the coach and players a little bit of time to make their mark but I'll be ready to bring out the razor blades at any whiff of consistent incompetence in any signings we make, particularly the coach.
  11. The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

I've heard he's not happy with Johnny A being his assistant wants his own as they were going to get a European coach so have aussie assistant obviously that fell through
  12. Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

I think you’re being harsh on Petrillo. Berenguer fits our philosophy, culture and style of underperformance, mediocrity and laziness perfectly.
  13. Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

It's clear he reads this Forum closely.
  14. Yesterday
  15. Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

“There’s been a good reason for every signing. We’ve looked at hundreds of players and we’ve picked the ones we’ve thought would buy into the philosophy, culture and style of the club. But any visa players we bring in will need to be better than what we’ve got and will need to bring something different." Western United's assistant manager John Anastasiadis' recent comments on visa signings. This is where we've fallen over since signing Fornaroli and Novillo really, not overwhelmingly better than our Australian contingent and definitely not offering enough of a point of difference (not including Schenkeveld obviously who is a talisman).
  16. Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

The only advantage we have in getting in Arteta is that we are well out of the spotlight so if he fucks up no one will notice
  17. Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

Arteta as player-coach... load his wages so he's under the cap... Seriously, who is there in the coaching ranks at Manchester City who could be given a start here in Melbourne? Brian Kidd is too senior really. But there must be someone in the youth set-up.
  18. Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

I was thinking about Arteta the other day. It’s very unlikely though. He has to have a crack somewhere but I think this would be too great a step down. He’s highly regarded so he’d be able to get a proper job at a good level. Also, at a guess we’ve got at least three foreigners to come in and whoever we retain out of Bart, Good, Brattan and Vidosic. So we really won’t see that much activity as you said, except for those three or potentially four foreign signings.
  19. The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

Anyone hearing that Rudan will be announced as the WU head coach? Hearing they they will announce it on Thursday! Friggen Thursday 10am! Also, I hear he is taking Krishna with him on marquee wages.
  20. Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

What's also going to be strange is that the bulk of the squad is already locked in. For me my main interest will be on firstly the new coach. Then what happens with Brattan and Bart, and depending on them what new visa/marquee will come in. So instead of 10 to 15 big announcements as usually maybe only 5 or so. Ultimately the off-season and my interest will depend on the Coach. Just putting it out there, do we have any chance of getting in Arteta. From what I've read recently he is highly regarded and tipped to be a future replacement to Pep, do we have any chance of getting him for a few seasons and if so would he be still too raw. I really hope we start to sort our shit together and it all starts with the Coach.
  21. The "Where are they now?" thread

Great chat on the Fox football podcast about Redmayne and his story, wasn’t great for us but credit to him for turning his career around
  22. Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

Since it's been radio silence about City since Joyce got sacked, it has been a good reminder of what the offseason is really like: sitting around, waiting for a sniff of a transfer rumour.
  23. The "Where are they now?" thread

Redders getting a call-up to the Socceroos for the South Korea friendly. Amazing what a good goalkeeping coach will do.
  24. Who is our greatest player of all time?

id say mooy of the city era, perhaps williams of the heart era? or Kisnorbo?
  25. Who is our greatest player of all time?

Farce. Joke of a period.
  26. Vi5it0rs

Fox wasting its money. These "League marquees" do absolutely nothing for the game.
  27. Memberships/Season Tickets

Thanks mate What do you need to provide? I never attended La Trobe. I'm just a tight arse who has been using the code
  1. Load more activity