Melbourne Football

Cool shit you find on the internet thread

bazzatron

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly have no clue, whats wrong with the Sydney Monorail?

Its useless as a transport system as it goes in a small pointless loop through the CBD, hence its being torn down.

They will probably buy it off them cheap then. I hope they dont install a driverless monorail in Melbourne, that seems fucking daft.

9f10ani.gif?w=584&h=440

Stupid idea and stupid article.

Airport train line would cost a similar amount (while I very much doubt you could actually build a monorail line for $1bn), as the vast majority of the train line is already there and only needs to be electrified + a few KMs of track added, while providing new train stations in other suburbs eg Keilor East, connecting to stations outside the city as well (probably sunshine, footscray, and north melb), and just being 34589345734 times better than a fucking monorail which seem to have a pretty bad success rate.

Also don't know wtf this is "it would be a high-tech alternative to a diesel train.", it will be electric trains like every other metro line, if not than it's even fucking cheaper to build a train line as it's 90% done.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Airport train line would cost a similar amount (while I very much doubt you could actually build a monorail line for $1bn), as the vast majority of the train line is already there and only needs to be electrified + a few KMs of track added, while providing new train stations in other suburbs eg Keilor East, connecting to stations outside the city as well (probably sunshine, footscray, and north melb), and just being 34589345734 times better than a fucking monorail which seem to have a pretty bad success rate.

Also don't know wtf this is "it would be a high-tech alternative to a diesel train.", it will be electric trains like every other metro line, if not than it's even fucking cheaper to build a train line as it's 90% done.

If you built these stations as you said (eg Keilor East) would it really be worthwhile stopping at them all when the main usage would be CBD-Airport. Like if you live in EK you already have train stops on two different lines (Craigeburn & Sunbury) less than 10 minutes away, seems pointless.

The one thing I was amazed at when I was overseas was how EVERY city had a direct train from the airport to the CBD yet Melbourne for all its glorious infrastructure still had a fucking bus from the airport to the city.

If you built these stations as you said (eg Keilor East) would it really be worthwhile stopping at them all when the main usage would be CBD-Airport. Like if you live in EK you already have train stops on two different lines (Craigeburn & Sunbury) less than 10 minutes away, seems pointless.

The one thing I was amazed at when I was overseas was how EVERY city had a direct train from the airport to the CBD yet Melbourne for all its glorious infrastructure still had a fucking bus from the airport to the city.

When I was at College and flying back to Fremantle all the time, at one point I literally started to know the Sky Bus Tourism Video of by heart.

Fucken Sky Bus. :droy:

There is no reason it has to stop at these stations every time, some of the trains can be express. Or the train to the airport can be express always and then have a different train go to these other stations. The only extra cost is building the actual stations, which is comparatively small to laying down extra track. At the end of the day, an airport line would come after the Metro tunnel, which, theoretically, means there will be trains going directly from Dandenong all the way to the Airport, completely destroys anything a monorail could do.

• Like 1