Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart signs Kappa as new apparel sponsor

The Seagull

Fuck you're a pack of whinging bastards. If the club hadn't done this again most of you would be up in arms about the lack of fan engagement.

Why would I give a toss if the Kit Design Nerds from the 442 Forum did not get their chance to design a Third Kit? <_<

Fwiw I like the charcoal the club has begun to use. I don't see the problem with people integrating it as a base colour because clearly the strip should be seen as a generic clash strip.

Seeing as it seems apparent our Home Strip will really never change and our Away Strip will also never really change can we not as fans ask for our Third Strip to perhaps change? :o

Anyway the whole Charcoal/Black thing is just what is popular for kits ATM and will very quickly look dated (IMO it already does). I really do not see the benefits of attaching ourselves to such a fad long term, otherwise we will just look a pack of outdated clowns like the Jets did before they finally pulled the pin on those Gold Kits they had...

ISC Clearance:

Melbourne Heart Away Jersey & FREE CAP $49.00

Melbourne Heart Gameday Hoody & FREE CAP $39.00

Melbourne Heart Home Jersey & FREE CAP $49.00

Melbourne Heart Media Cap $10.00

Melbourne Heart Media Polo & FREE CAP $29.00

Melbourne Heart Training Shorts $19.00

Melbourne Heart Wet Weather Jacket & FREE CAP $39.00

http://www.sportingh...om.au/soccer-1/

• Like 1

Dont like how the A-league logo has the circle and a box underneath it though....seems very mismatched imo. like 2 separate parts being used as one.

Valid point. Good branding is able to be recognised by its logo alone (without text telling you what it is).

I wouldnt mind the logo where it is as long as it was just the circle without the text

• Like 1

Valid point. Good branding is able to be recognised by its logo alone (without text telling you what it is).

I wouldnt mind the logo where it is as long as it was just the circle without the text

Exactly - Its the text that makes it awkward.

What is the pictured uniform?

A training uniform?

Its the keeper kit that Bolton put on his twitter a while ago. I think its on this thread a few pages back. But I do remember the membership info pack having a mock third kit that looked like that? Id love to see some new pics of the home and away kits.

Edited by Dylan

Dont like how the A-league logo has the circle and a box underneath it though....seems very mismatched imo. like 2 separate parts being used as one.

Branding guidelines, I'd assume.

Logo might only allowed to be used on a white background, in order to keep it's prominence - so they may then have assigned that shield for all club's to use.

It wouldn't be uncommon.

However, I don't think it looks that bad... Just dislike the positioning of it.

Would prefer it on the sleeve, but that would then disallow another sponsoring opportunity, so I can understand why it is where it is.

Catch all the headshots here: http://www.gettyimages.com.au/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&assetType=image&family=Editorial&p=melbourne+heart#

The kit is not that flattering to a few players who have a slightly different body shape. For them it needs to be a little bit looser around the lower abdomen.

Edited by jw1739

New sleeve sponsor

Yeah 'AXF' on home kits, 'Match Works' on away kits and there is also 'BDO' on the back too. And all 3 are that adhesive plastic shite, which looks like an after thought, it's all Kappa's fault though.

From experience that stuff can get a bit uncumfortable to play in, as sweat builds up under it and it doesn't let the skin breath.

Yeah that sleeve logo looks out of place. I wish companies would work on their logos to focus more on how they look rather than having colour as a defining feature. Its like how that Adecco logo ruins the victory shirt. But love the kit overall. I think that turtle neck thing will be ok depending on how tight it is around the neck. I thought it looked alot bigger from older photos so im glad its no where near as big as I thought.

Also, anyone know how Kappa seems to be the only brand that can plaster its logo all over the kit? Clubs must get Kappa deals cheaper or something and thats the catch?

Edited by Dylan

Yeah that sleeve logo looks out of place. I wish companies would work on their logos to focus more on how they look rather than having colour as a defining feature. Its like how that Adecco logo ruins the victory shirt. But love the kit overall. I think that turtle neck thing will be ok depending on how tight it is around the neck. I thought it looked alot bigger from older photos so im glad its no where near as big as I thought.

Also, anyone know how Kappa seems to be the only brand that can plaster its logo all over the kit? Clubs must get Kappa deals cheaper or something and thats the catch?

Actually can we clear something up?

In my ignorance I've assumed that Kappa actually pay us to be our kit provider rather than the other way around? As a way of advertising their brand. I therefore presume that somewhere there are FFA guidelines on what labelling is allowed, and that Kappa are meeting those guidelines. I agree that the huge logos on the shorts are particularly ugly.

So, have we gone with Kappa because they are paying us more, rather than because we are paying them less?

I've never been game to ask the question before, but there it is!

Actually can we clear something up?

In my ignorance I've assumed that Kappa actually pay us to be our kit provider rather than the other way around? As a way of advertising their brand. I therefore presume that somewhere there are FFA guidelines on what labelling is allowed, and that Kappa are meeting those guidelines. I agree that the huge logos on the shorts are particularly ugly.

So, have we gone with Kappa because they are paying us more, rather than because we are paying them less?

I've never been game to ask the question before, but there it is!

Yeah I'm not sure how it works either. Good question. But it just seems Kappa is the only brand that puts the logo everywhere. I could be wrong but I've never seen a say.. nike or adidas kit have the logos all over the place and such a large size. I don't really mind the kappa logo being ever where it just seems curious.

Yes, kit manufacturers pay clubs.

Can't imagine that many manufacturers would be interested in us, so maybe Kappa or ISC were our only options?

Issnt the NRMA :P Western Sydney Wanderers a nike kit? There must be something else to it to get the brands on board too. Maybe more naming rights. The NRMA Western Nike Wanderers

Edited by Dylan

• 2 weeks later...