Melbourne Football

Building towards Season 3 - What's working & what's not?

FB.

After reading this whole thread it appears there is much tension at the home end.

Here is my point of view - The rest of us non active fans (like me) just see the active group as one.

The Just a bunch of passionate people that like to sing and chant.

There is no rooster Cop, there is no capo , there are no splits of anglo or ethnics. Just all Heart Fans (Well maybe the capo on the mega does stand out a little).

Anyhow all i would like to see is more coordination.

More chants/songs that have a slower beat so the rest of the crowd has some idea of what you are chanting.

Some of the existing chants i would lose as although they dont seem to work (my point of view only)

I would even say its Ok to rip off the best chants from the other supporter groups or overseas teams as most of opposition will never hear them sung.

Anyhow keep up the good work.. Ill join you all in the away bay a few times this season..

• Like 2

I would even say its Ok to rip off the best chants from the other supporter groups or overseas teams as most of opposition will never hear them sung.

This. I agree. Who fucking cares if one team already sings a version of that chant. Fuck em.

We can do our version better. That's evolution.

After reading each response, I agree completely with Schrecky's post. Sitting in Bay 18 and 19 for most of the S2 it was great when Yarraside went nuts after we scored, particularly against Central Coast and Sydney towards the end of the season. If that could be captured for majority of the match, it would be fantastic.

As for flags/banners, I personally think it would look great if the whole of the Southern Terrace could be decked out with a range of flags and banners, different shapes and size and patterns etc. However, what is the AAMI Park policy on flags?

Ok here is what I think. I've only been in Yarraside for the last 5-6 matches of 2011/12 after shifting there from GA. I think that as a terrace what we are doing is fantastic. We are doing extremely well. I have no clue about any of these KGB Rooster Kop etc. but as a whole we seem to do pretty well, and at times fantastically well (Eg: GCU game "We are Melbourne" was fucking awesome). But there are a few things that we do not to work on.

The smaller groups inside the terrace seem to be causing a lot of angst, this needs to be sorted out.

A few of my mates are North Terrace regulars and commented after the last derby that our clapping is really good and very loud, but at times our singing was far too quiet.

Also in my opinion we tend to lose focus on the game a fair bit.

Aside from a few issues we are really getting better and a lot stronger!

Cannot Wait for 2012/13!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

After reading this whole thread it appears there is much tension at the home end.

Here is my point of view - The rest of us non active fans (like me) just see the active group as one.

The Just a bunch of passionate people that like to sing and chant.

There is no rooster Cop, there is no capo , there are no splits of anglo or ethnics. Just all Heart Fans (Well maybe the capo on the mega does stand out a little).

Anyhow all i would like to see is more coordination.

More chants/songs that have a slower beat so the rest of the crowd has some idea of what you are chanting.

Some of the existing chants i would lose as although they dont seem to work (my point of view only)

Anyhow keep up the good work.. Ill join you all in the away bay a few times this season..

Cannot emphasise and like this enough.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

the thing i loved was the positive attitude from the capo and the 'senior members' of yarriside, they were easily approachable answered my queries and took on my feedback, but the hilights were for me seeing them applaud passion and effort put in by the members of the terrace and it encouraged more. Was also great to see members of yarraside stick up for the others. We really were a 'team' this season and if this could be continued then we would be very well off. My opinion.

• Like 4

The tarp isnt going anywhere, no matter how much we all dislike it.

No matter what we do the Tarp is there to stay as its a safety requirement.

Even in NT where people stand all the way to the back of the stand there is still a Tarp placed in a identical position.

It does not matter how many times the Tarp is touched its not going to see us allowed to make the Terrace descend further back into the end.

The only thing it does is further annoy ACG to the point where they start kicking out innocent ppl out for no reason.

I am all for fighting for Terrace Rights and fighting against ACG - But the Tarp is a pointless battle, picking up the Tarp also lost its humour after the first time it was done.

• Like 1

The Annual Y-Side 'Anointment of Capo' tournament is to be held soon. If you feel you can defeat the incumbent over several legs of grueling armed combat, tests of endurance and other assorted miscellaneous feats of strength, please email TheKingintheNorth@yarraside.net to register your interest.

Please note Lannisters need not apply.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Lets me just say as a neutral, that the capo needs to be respected.. Along with the drummer, And all the core members must be a tight knit group which then that respect spreads onto the rest of the terrace.

Looks like your yarraside is having a battle for leadership between factions..

Which i can say isnt the best thing for it.

If your capo isnt getting respected and cant control the terrace nor the drummer.. Means they are doing a shit job.

Keep the style.

Ditch the capo and drummer

And get blokes that are confident and will lead a terrace the way its supposed to be.

Lets me just say as a neutral, that the capo needs to be respected.. Along with the drummer, And all the core members must be a tight knit group which then that respect spreads onto the rest of the terrace.

Looks like your yarraside is having a battle for leadership between factions..

Which i can say isnt the best thing for it.

If your capo isnt getting respected and cant control the terrace nor the drummer.. Means they are doing a shit job.

Keep the style.

Ditch the capo and drummer

And get blokes that are confident and will lead a terrace the way its supposed to be.

lol
  • Like 1

Let's see you capo Yarraside without getting insanely frustrated m8, our daschund does a mental job and asking for him to be replaced when you're an 'outsider' is the utimate insult...kindly go fark yourself,

On behalf of us who appreciate the hard work of a few x

His not a MH fan but a preacher from WSW.

Hence why he is towing the the RBB Company line of "Why being a Turncoat is justified".

Let's see you capo Yarraside without getting insanely frustrated m8, our daschund does a mental job and asking for him to be replaced when you're an 'outsider' is the utimate insult...kindly go fark yourself,

On behalf of us who appreciate the hard work of a few x

Then the core has to get more involved, in terms of spreading out rather than being solely in the middle of the homeend.. Mainly to get bandwagoners on the fringes involved..

His not a MH fan but a preacher from WSW.

Hence why he is towing the the RBB Company line of "Why being a Turncoat is justified".

Turncoat? Never supported sydney fc, but thanks for trying..

Who gives a fuck?

Go back and join the rest of your mob discussing the benefits of Self Policing on your own forum.

Edited by cadete