Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

you guys ever been to Mana Bar?

Yeh went there once a year or so ago. Not really my type of place, I'd rather have a few mates over if we're going to play games. From what I remember though the drinks menu was rather creative.

Yeah i've been once and it was ridiculously packed.

Yep, and ridiculously priced!!

Hardest setting of the last of us... I said wasn't to much harder, get to 3 chapters in noticing a distinct lack of everything have spent most my time opening empty drawers and relying on bricks due to lack of bullets. More enjoyable but much more frustrating.

Hardest setting of the last of us... I said wasn't to much harder, get to 3 chapters in noticing a distinct lack of everything have spent most my time opening empty drawers and relying on bricks due to lack of bullets. More enjoyable but much more frustrating.

Haven't given the hardest setting a go yet but imagine certain levels would be very hard without listen mode.

I'm guessing the game is much scarier without it too.

I gave MP another go and now that I've got the hang of it it's not too bad. It would be so much better if were on PC, so you could have proper server, more customization/game modes, your own team etc. but it's still worth a go. Really hope they add Co-op against infected on a DLC. Would be Epic.

Send us a PM Boffins if you've got a PSN account and want to give MP a go together sometime.

I am a HoN person and my mates shifted to dota 2 now and I just cbf downloading it for some reason haha

What's your account on HoN? Chances are been in the same game a few times.

muffine

(shit stats because I always play support)

Doesn't sound familiar off the top of my head. If you end up installing dota 2 chuck us an add on steam if you want. Account is makedoniamkd.

Gave me almost 300.

So I've got roughly 250 left to pay. But after I take the ps3 in I'll obviously have less. So every now and then I'll put a 50 or so on it.

No official release date has been set, nor any info regarding the various bundles. So they will call me once the official word is out to confirm prices and bundles.

Gave me almost 300.

So I've got roughly 250 left to pay. But after I take the ps3 in I'll obviously have less. So every now and then I'll put a 50 or so on it.

No official release date has been set, nor any info regarding the various bundles. So they will call me once the official word is out to confirm prices and bundles.

You a fan of bundles? Do they usually equate to decent savings in comparison to buying things outright? Surely there's a tradeoff between getting a cheaper deal via the bundle but maybe not actually getting the exact games/number of controllers and accessories you want vs paying more and getting everything ya want?

I remember getting a PS3 bundle with like 5 games and virtually never played 3 of em.

yeah i understand what your saying. All depends on what you get really. 

I had the option to put an extra controller in there too. but i decided not to. xmas and bday are around the corner from the rumoured release date (november sometime) so i'll just get one around there, if i want it.

I'm more interested in the blu-ray/media remote.

3 PS Exclusive titles are gonna be released the same time as the system. Sadly none of them are the good ones, ie: God of war, gran turismo, etc.

But shortly after release, fifa 14 should be released, hopfully by xmas.

Company of heroes 2 is pretty fucking awesome

tried dota 2 for the first time and I reckon it's better than HoN

They wrecked HoN with adding in crap far too often. I remember at one stage they were adding in a hero every few weeks and most of them were broken. I haven't played since the latest major patch, but after reading the patch notes it put me off installing the update all together. Dota 2 is great, but my biggest gripe is the number of non-English speaking people on the Australian servers. That breakdown in communication can get pretty frustrating at times.

• Like 1

I rarely have time (or money) for gaming these days, but seeing as I am (well, was) on holiday I thought I might duck into EB and have  look in the sale bin for something to keep me occupied. 

I picked up a cheap copy of Red Dead Redemption- Game Of The Year Edition and thoroughly enjoyed it. I finished the Undead version last night (the story part- i still have to do a few of the missing people and one or two other things for 100%) and have played a fair bit f the normal version.

I bought LA Noir a few years back when it first came out but I never really gave it a chance, so I figure I would give it another try being that  had a "man, I forgot how good Rockstar games are" moment after playing Red Dead. "Its a Rockstar game! It has to be good!" I figured. It isnt. Its just as boring as I remember, which is a shame because the map is huge and the attention to detail is awesome. Its just a shame that the game play is so dull. I understand that its not GTA and that it is a completely different type of game to what everyone is used to etc etc but that still doesnt mean that it isnt shit. I hate that you cant choose when you want to start the next case, I hate that you cant go anywhere without your wanker partner following you around, I hate that the only way the weather/time changes is if you do another mission and I especially hate being told not to drive like a maniac!

Anyway, I have started completing missions using a walkthrough just so I can see if there is any benefit to finishing, but its really trying my patience. I have just moved up to Vice desk and I dont know how much more I can take. Has anyone else finished this game? Is it worth it?

Edited by KSK_47

I rarely have time (or money) for gaming these days, but seeing as I am (well, was) on holiday I thought I might duck into EB and have look in the sale bin for something to keep me occupied.

I picked up a cheap copy of Red Dead Redemption- Game Of The Year Edition and thoroughly enjoyed it. I finished the Undead version last night (the story part- i still have to do a few of the missing people and one or two other things for 100%) and have played a fair bit f the normal version.

I bought LA Noir a few years back when it first came out but I never really gave it a chance, so I figure I would give it another try being that had a "man, I forgot how good Rockstar games are" moment after playing Red Dead. "Its a Rockstar game! It has to be good!" I figured. It isnt. Its just as boring as I remember, which is a shame because the map is huge and the attention to detail is awesome. Its just a shame that the game play is so dull. I understand that its not GTA and that it is a completely different type of game to what everyone is used to etc etc but that still doesnt mean that it isnt shit. I hate that you cant choose when you want to start the next case, I hate that you cant go anywhere without your wanker partner following you around, I hate that the only way the weather/time changes is if you do another mission and I especially hate being told not to drive like a maniac!

Anyway, I have started completing missions using a walkthrough just so I can see if there is any benefit to finishing, but its really trying my patience. I have just moved up to Vice desk and I dont know how much more I can take. Has anyone else finished this game? Is it worth it?

Good concept though half way through the dahlia case I figured it wasn't any of the people who you'd arrest for the murders started to annoy me, gave up on the arson desk. Upsetting that you can't free roam and be an evil bastard to the people of LA. I personally wouldn't bother going past vice but if youve got the patience I commend you. Will wait for gtaV. A mate who runs the local eb said Rockstar came to chadstone and gave them a demo... Will not disappoint apparently. Also they've answered many of the emails sent in in regards to fan feedback so it'll be a gem

Upsetting that you can't free roam

To be honest this is my main motivation for continuing. I am hoping that once you finish you can just go an explore on your own, but I worry that I will quickly become very disappointed as there does not seem to be a lot you can interact with in the environment. I go back to uni on Monday so I will do as much as I can but I dont hold high hopes.

And yes, I can cant wait for GTA. I suspect that Noir's map will be used as a template for the Los Santos city area (size, streets, layout, etc). which if it is the case, this thing is going to be HUGE! 

Edited by KSK_47

Upsetting that you can't free roam

To be honest this is my main motivation for continuing. I am hoping that once you finish you can just go an explore on your own, but I worry that I will quickly become very disappointed as there does not seem to be a lot you can interact with in the environment. I go back to uni on Monday so I will do as much as I can but I dont hold high hopes.

And yes, I can cant wait for GTA. I suspect that Noir's map will be used as a template for the Los Santos city area (size, streets, layout, etc). which if it is the case, this thing is going to be HUGE!

The map for gtav will fit red deads map liberty city and San Andreas into it with space to spare te entire ocean floor is accessible and detailed to the max with ship wrecks and vicious sea life and divers ;) from the start everything is accessible( clothes/guns/cars) customizable characters though not their physical shape tattoos and such are in again(which I like for obvious reasons) the whole game will be centered around robberies so masks and disguises are important hinting at a sabatoer style anonymity type wanted system.

Deviate is spot on got for skyrim or fallout new Vegas of you wanna waste the next few days. Quality games

• Like 1

I rarely have time (or money) for gaming these days, but seeing as I am (well, was) on holiday I thought I might duck into EB and have  look in the sale bin for something to keep me occupied. 

I bought LA Noir a few years back when it first came out but I never really gave it a chance, so I figure I would give it another try being that  had a "man, I forgot how good Rockstar games are" moment after playing Red Dead. "Its a Rockstar game! It has to be good!" I figured. It isnt. Its just as boring as I remember, which is a shame because the map is huge and the attention to detail is awesome. Its just a shame that the game play is so dull. I understand that its not GTA and that it is a completely different type of game to what everyone is used to etc etc but that still doesnt mean that it isnt shit. I hate that you cant choose when you want to start the next case, I hate that you cant go anywhere without your wanker partner following you around, I hate that the only way the weather/time changes is if you do another mission and I especially hate being told not to drive like a maniac!

Never got that into Red Dead tbh. Have started it twice but not really got much more than a couple of hours into it. Just felt a little boring and repetitive. Will give it another go one day though cos I've never heard anyone else say anything bad about it really.

Heard good things about LA Noir mostly so wouldn't mind having a look at that if I saw it on sale.

Any PC gamers, L4D2 currently $5 on Steam. Have sunk many hours into that game and would highly recommend. 

• Like 1

Think there is something wrong with me but ive started playing Duke Nukem 3D but like fucking every time I encounter an alien or pig, I get massive goosebumps and blood rush through my body, it's like this game gives me more chills then modern games like The Condemned.

What the fuck.