Melbourne Football

ACG out of Y-Side

spain82

Hey guys, I'm the guy who got wrongfully banned. In case you were wondering, I was told I got the ban because I never denied lighting the flare to the police officer, even though I explicitly stated to him twice that I did not do it.

EDIT: Also, thanks for all the helps guys! It really is appreciated

hey mate... too bad about all this.

what would happen if you bought a ticket and walked through the turnstiles? would an ACG gimp come and spear tackle you?

they dont have 24 hour surveillance tracking anyone who has received a ban.

I just noticed there seems to be a typo in malloy's letter template

It is for this reason that I will not be renewing my membership until there is evidence that the alleged incident did occur by the banned individual or the ban is rightfully rescinded.

or

It is for this reason that I will not be renewing my membership until evidence that the alleged incident did occur by the banned individual is demonstrated or the ban is rightfully rescinded.

or something like that, doesnt really make sense otherwise.

Yeah just edit it to something like (remove 'foundation' and just leave it as 'member' if you arent a foundation member)

Dear Scott Munn

As a foundation member of Melbourne Heart I am writing to you to inform you of my disappointment at the unjust and unfair banning of a fellow Melbourne Heart member. I find it utterly outrageous that the FFA have decided to ban the aforementioned person without evidence to prove that the alleged incident did actually occur and are relying upon the words of the ACG security, whom on many occasions have evicted innocent bystanders. I will reconsider renewing my membership next season unless evidence that the alleged incident did occur by the banned individual is demonstrated or the ban is rightfully rescinded.

Regards,

A concerned member

would stick with mine tbh ;)

I got a reply.

Thank you for taking the time to send me an email outlining the concerns

regarding Christian Russo.

I have spoken to both FFA and MOPT this morning and am awaiting a return

call from Victorian Police (Vic Pol). I think there are a few mistruths

being circulated which I must clear up to start with.

1. There is cctv of the incident which Vic Pol have reviewed (this cannot

be released to the general public, I am seeking to view the footage but

have not seen it at this point)

2. Christian was interviewed by Vic Pol and at no point did he protest or

state he did not light the flare.

3. There is no $2000 amount to appeal the ban and I am not sure where this

has started.

Once I receive the footage and have formed an opinion I will touch base.

For the avoidance of doubt the FFA are very clear that they do not hand

out 5 year bans without significant consultation with Vic Pol or based on

speculation.

Kind regards,

SCOTT MUNN

CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

3. There is no $2000 amount to appeal the ban and I am not sure where this

has started.

Told to read section 5 of the Grievance Resolution Regulations http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00000069-source.pdf

5.1 An Applicant must pay FFA a non-refundable application fee of $500.

5.2 A party wanting to appeal a Determination of an FFA Disciplinary Committee must pay an appeal

fee of $2,000 in accordance with clause 16.

5.3 A hearing will not be convened unless and until the applicable fees have been received by FFA.

Who gave you that information about the Grievance Resolution Regulations? According to the link you provided, it doesnt say anything about spectators having to appeal to the FFA Disciplinary Committee.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00000096-source.pdf

This document shows the case that was heard by the FFADC regarding Muscats tackle on Zahra. Now if MVFC wanted to appeal that, then a $2000 fee would make sense. Now why the fuck with the FFADC be concerned with some unruly fans??

Who gave you that information about the Grievance Resolution Regulations? According to the link you provided, it doesnt say anything about spectators having to appeal to the FFA Disciplinary Committee.

http://www.footballa...0096-source.pdf

This document shows the case that was heard by the FFADC regarding Muscats tackle on Zahra. Now if MVFC wanted to appeal that, then a $2000 fee would make sense. Now why the fuck with the FFADC be concerned with some unruly fans??

The FFA legal department told us to refer to it...

Edited by Seannist047

What is the status of this, I still have nae signed up.

Can some guys from core please follow up.

EDIT: If you lads haven't already sent something to the club, please do. Every voice counts.

Edited by LR9

• 2 weeks later...

Barely on topic to this discussion, but just read this article from SOS about the way they're going about getting policing sorted for home/away games and ensuring police have been somewhat educated prior to working these games. Would this be something worthwhile in order to decrease the number of ACG guards that have no idea how to deal with football fans?

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/greater-manchester-police-meeting

Last spoke to Scott Munn about a week and a half ago and he said that he had reviewed the footage and was still in talks with both the FFA and Victoria Police... Will hopefully hear something back soon however if not will touch base with him to see where it's at

Hopefully it's all sorted out soon, especially as we're missing out on the membership price freeze...

• 4 months later...

Moving back to the original topic, in house security wouldnt actually be dobbing us in, but more controlling what acg do.

This is much similiar to the Melbourne Victory Terrace, and they tend to work with the terrace more to get an outcome that everyones more happy with. Cause we all know that ACG do a crap job , maybe we need someone from heart to put them in place.

They are a joke, get them out, was standing on the fence at the end of the game celebrating and one of the AGC muppets grabbed my shirt without warning and caused me to slip luckily there were people behind me to make sure i didnt hurt myself slipping. So how is standing on the fence more dangerous than getting pulled down without expecting it and slipping?