Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

I don't have an issue with it to be honest, there isn't anyone cracking availible at the moment, is there?

Most of our targets (Grossman, Triffiro's, Gray, etc.) are in the VPL and they are just watching their progress over the coming weeks.

As for the Internationals they take time, I'm sure they are down to a short list but there are many variables.

• Like 1

...beginning to wonder whether we're really targeting anyone at all...perhaps JD believes in the Cargo Cult and that six more Germanos are going to drop suddenly from the sky onto the Latrobe playing fields...

if u remember didulica made a comment along the lines of having "a few irons in the fire"

iirc we were interested in halloran, Hernandez and Vidosic. IMO we don't chase players hard enough, as we saw with solorzano last season going to victory. It seems to me that by talking to players we say something along the lines of "we would really like you at heart but if you get a better offer that's O.K" and are always looking for the cheaper option even if we won't get the same impact on the field.

I'd like to see the club actually go out there with a mindset that for example "we want bresciano, and we wont rest until he signs on the dotted line"

My wife asked over dinner who we have signed. Trust me (I know what they say about trusting people who say "trust me"), if she is interested in who we have signed, then we should have signed somebody by now.

While we will keep our membership going, the club had better sign players that will attract members or there will only be one team left in Melbourne. Who will sign up to the budget team?

Edited by Peter

Fuck yes! A 5'9" CB who is 30 years old and has limited overseas experience. Just what we needed!

And it gets better, he takes up a visa spot. Awesome!

For an irishman a few years in VPL is loads of overseas experience haha but seriously I reckon this OZsportsinsider is full of shit, i think we wouldn't waste a visa spot this year.

Edited by Vostro

sack didulica tbh

You want to sack him for making a signing, before we have seen the signing play?

I agree the signing isnt what we would have hoped for, but maybe he can do a job. There would be a reason he was signed, lets wait to see how he goes before we call for someone's head.

You want to sack him for making a signing, before we have seen the signing play?

I agree the signing isnt what we would have hoped for, but maybe he can do a job. There would be a reason he was signed, lets wait to see how he goes before we call for someone's head.

That's what some said about Maycon...

That's what some said about Germano.

Ah, very sharp.

I understand where Tesla is coming from, we can't judge until the guy has played. But seriously, if this signing goes through it makes absolutely no sense to me.

The club talks about huge membership goals this year, but how many new members do you think are going to sign up to watch the exciting play of Steven Gray.

I'm usually fairly optimistic when it comes to the teams I support, and that's why I've refrained on commenting on the lack of signings or news so far, but if Golgol and Gray are the "irons in the fire" then I can't see us being overly successful next season, and in turn we will get no where

near that membership Target.

Why don't we sign Brian Shelley from the Ballarat Red Devils while we are at it ffs

i'm all for giving players a chance, was excited about Germano when we first signed him. Why? Because he came from a great youth academy, had played overseas at some decent clubs, was fairly young, and was more of a 'top up' to the squad rather than a key signing.

If you remember aloisi said that the visa players need to be selected carefully and they are the players who can make the difference from being a middle table team to a top team. I was expecting these 3 visa players to be better than what we already have. Theres no use wasting 3 visa spots on 'backups' or players who 'can do the job'

There's a world full of talented footballers, and the best we can do is some shortass Irish CB who is playing in the VPL? With the shit going on in Europe at the moment, there's heaps of quality players up for grabs and it's perfect opportunity to sign someone of real quality with experience at decent clubs in big leagues.

The club talks about huge membership goals this year, but how many new members do you think are going to sign up to watch the exciting play of Steven Gray.

About the same as if we signed Fabio Cannavaro. The big names dont draw people to games in this league. Plus its a defender anyway.

How reliable is ozsportsinsider?

If true, I agree that it seems a disappointing use of a visa spot. And the other thing is, why would we sign him for two years? At 30, and currently playing in the VPL, surely a 12 month contract would be sufficient? He looks little more than a depth player from his history, but they must rate him if they're prepared to give him 2 years. And Tesla's got a point - you can't judge a player without seeing him play. And youtube doesn't count.

With the shit going on in Europe at the moment, there's heaps of quality players up for grabs and it's perfect opportunity to sign someone of real quality with experience at decent clubs in big leagues.

You would think so, but as far as I know, no A League club has signed any such player. At the forum, Didulica said that they've looked into good players from Europe, but they're still asking for way more than what we can afford. And we still have plenty of salary cap space at the moment. So, I'd expect that we won't have any marquees next season, but we should still be able to make some decent signings with the money we've got.

Edited by Sash

I can only assume we've got 5 or 6 top quality players lined up already otherwise we wouldn't have got rid of Worm Terra etc.

Blind faith maybe? because it just doesn't make sense to get rid of half our squad and then replace them with state league players

Edited by Luke

Re-sign him a 5 year deal IMO.

I don't think anyone doubted Maycon's effort (once he stopped falling over) or smile he broght to the game. Maybe we played the wrong formation for him to play to his best. He never looked like doing what he did in that video for us though.

He did some pretty strange things early in the season, but I thought he might've been coming good by the time we played Wellington in the regional game. He had a few games under his belt by then and he looked alright in that game. But I dont know what happened after that. Injury? Next thing I remember, he was putting in some shockers in the NYL according to reports.

• Like 1

Shit defending in that video makes him look good. to me he seems like a typical brazilian player that isnt a superstar, ie can do the spectacular, but not the basics.

Don't forget this is the guy who had numerous easy opportunities to score whilst playing with our youth team and couldnt score.

Shit defending in that video makes him look good. to me he seems like a typical brazilian player that isnt a superstar, ie can do the spectacular, but not the basics.

Don't forget this is the guy who had numerous easy opportunities to score whilst playing with our youth team and couldnt score.

It shows the differences between our leagues, sarkies will become the next malay beckham!

He did some pretty strange things early in the season, but I thought he might've been coming good by the time we played Wellington in the regional game. He had a few games under his belt by then and he looked alright in that game. But I dont know what happened after that. Injury? Next thing I remember, he was putting in some shockers in the NYL according to reports.

I remember watching him at Morwell when he was subbed on down that left wing and thinking given more gametime he could put in some crackers as a Left AM. Had some brief glimmers on that side before then as well. But then he was just terrible for almost every other game. Wouldn't want him back and he's doing well in Malaysia, everyone wins really.

Sign that Chilean kid at Hume ffs. Del Solar.

Edited by Che

Damn, we missed out an Gameiro's signature, I thought it was in the bag. :lol:

Barely a year after failing to sign for Valencia, the 25-year-old PSG striker, Kevin Gameiro, is set to finally join the Spanish La Liga side during this transfer window.