Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

If Babalj goes to Red Star, I imagine the opportunity for Zac Walker on a senior contract seems to greatly increase. But does that change our playing model from a 2-prong attack (Babalj + New Striker) to 3-prong attack (Mate + New Striker + Aziz/Williams/Walker) OR does Walker simply fill where Babalj leaves, being mentored by New Striker?

Attila, they way heart is going we will not sign anyone.

Patience is virtue at this stage, there is no point in jumping to conclusions that Didiluca does no have some signings set up or even looking down that avenue. Diligence in this particularly area will help us pick up the right players instead of more Maycons.

Patience is virtue at this stage, there is no point in jumping to conclusions that Didiluca does no have some signings set up or even looking down that avenue. Diligence in this particularly area will help us pick up the right players instead of more Maycons.

Yes. Don't forget that we have 15 players contracted for next season, we've said we'll re-sign Bolton if he decides to accept the terms offered and wants to play on, we've said that we intend to start the season with 21, and we've indicated that we want to sign 2 and possibly 3 overseas players. So we don't need to rush in and sign cast-off locals. Perth, Newcastle, now Sydney - they're usually jumping in early and then unloading half their squad at the end of the same season.

Edited by jw1739

Pretty content for the club to sit back and assess the available talent, particularly the foreign players. Expecting we'll trial a few foreigners during the off-season in hope of snaring a gem like was done with Germano.

A lot of foreign players will be finding out their playing futures in the next month or so as contracts expire, and with the struggling economic climate in Europe we could prove to be a very good destination for an out of contract footballer.

• Like 1

To put things into context the AFL HA Season and Final Series needs to finish before the A League Season starts: That is how much time we have to announce signings.

And the club’s plan to go into the Season with a one or two free spots is one of the better ideas I have heard from MH HQ since we lost in Perth(And I am a pretty strong critic of the club).

Also I doubt a late signing will disrupt the club like Kewell did at MV for the simple fact that we don’t recruit Figjam Douches.

in regards to the hernandez rumour, a victory supporter posted this on the 442 forum before:

asanchez wrote:

Carlos has signed for Heart.

No rumour, it's a done deal. A mate of mine has some really good connections at Heart.

Carlos didn't wanna leave Melbourne, as he is settled here. A good signing for them if it happens.

If we do sign Hernandez and he becomes a Aussie citizen, will that mean Breshiano coming to Heart (next season) is a no deal (can't fit him in the cap due to Hernandez being Aussie marque) or even if we sign Grella? Because I world take Bresh over both of these guys.

we arent gonna be signing all these guys on big contracts ffs

out of all the big names we are linked with, we will probably only sign 1 with the rest of the cap being used on squad players

if people honestly think we'll be signing Grella, Carlos, Chariestaetaas etc. then you sir are a fucking dumb cunt

• Like 1

If we do sign Hernandez and he becomes a Aussie citizen, will that mean Breshiano coming to Heart (next season) is a no deal (can't fit him in the cap due to Hernandez being Aussie marque) or even if we sign Grella? Because I world take Bresh over both of these guys.

IF he does sign, it depends how long he is signed for, and remember Fred's contract expires end of next season, as does colosimo's, and even if bolton signs on for next season i doubt he will be playing the season after, so we're talking about 3 of our highest paid players likely leaving.

As for marquee spots, clubs can have 2 australian players as their marquee, there doesn't have to be a visa player as a marquee iirc

In Greece at the moment and was talking football with a local, said I'm from Australia and he actually brought it up himself that he heard Christareas (sp?) was maybe heading there. Didn't mention a club though. Surely it'd be us? Good news if they're hearing that over here!

we arent gonna be signing all these guys on big contracts ffs

out of all the big names we are linked with, we will probably only sign 1 with the rest of the cap being used on squad players

if people honestly think we'll be signing Grella, Carlos, Chariestaetaas etc. then you sir are a fucking dumb cunt

At least its better than the stupid Maldini Madaschi talk...

Edited by cadete

Didiluca has tweeted that the young guys will be much better this year so they only really need a cherry on top to finish the team.

From this alone I take it we will not be getting all ofBresc, Grella, Hernandez etc...

At most one of them, and then Aloisi will add a few solid squad players to fill positions we lack it.

They are also probably holding off signing anyone until they know how the Babalj transfer goes. If they need a striker then they may need to hold off getting a particular player. If Babalj goes then I can't see them getting Hernandez on the simple fact that we would then need a 15 goal minimum a season striker and generally they do not come cheap.

• Like 1

Didiluca has tweeted that the young guys will be much better this year so they only really need a cherry on top to finish the team.

From this alone I take it we will not be getting all ofBresc, Grella, Hernandez etc...

At most one of them, and then Aloisi will add a few solid squad players to fill positions we lack it.

They are also probably holding off signing anyone until they know how the Babalj transfer goes. If they need a striker then they may need to hold off getting a particular player. If Babalj goes then I can't see them getting Hernandez on the simple fact that we would then need a 15 goal minimum a season striker and generally they do not come cheap.

Didiluca is talking bollocks

If Troisi can find a Euro club, how about having him on a loan deal for a few matches?

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1106681/Troisi-on-the-hunt

Haliti and Simic also going from Jets - anyone want them? I dont.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1106717/Jets-continue-off-season-cull

We can speculate on signings all we like, however, nothing will be done until a few things happen, like Aloisi choosing his formation, seeing if Babalj and Bolton stay or go and we scout overseas.

I do love a good rumor.

JD has been quite consistent - the club is very happy with the players already contracted for next season. JA has already indicated his priorities for two new signings. We've also indicated that we will sign two or perhaps three overseas players, and that we intend to start the season with a squad of 21. Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of signings have actually been made already - and that the club has decided not to announce them yet. Also, we would perhaps have liked Milicic to stay but aren't that fussed that he has left.

As for bids for our players - Peter Sidwell said a long time ago that we don't intend to be just a feeder club for whoever comes knocking on our door expecting players at bargain prices. Anyone who seriously wants to have one of our players needs to make a sensible offer.

In summary, JD seems very relaxed about the situation. He does not see either the player or coaching situation as needing any form of panic response.

• Like 3

That idiot Dave davutovic has trumped all the recent decisions/signings/sackings on twitter before official announcements. What makes you think we could make signings without having even heard a whisper of them?

Only that every tweet I've seen from JD on the subject is along the lines of 'All bubbling along, no rush, all will be revealed in due course' etc. etc. Just makes me think he has more up his sleeve than he is letting on.

I don't pretend any inside knowledge. Just expressing my view.