Melbourne Football

The Rooster Kop

FB.

Bout time we got our own thread in 'ere.

Rooster Kop exists to support the Capo & Amigos in Capoland and to provide the terrace with some variety to the chant repertoire.

We are Roosters because we roost at the back of the Kop (Coop) like Roosters do with the best view of the field & play.

We come up with the witty chants, we bag out the opposition, we support the team, and if things don't go our way on the pitch we get abit rowdy.

Membership is open to anyone. If you Roost up the back, you're a Rooster. One thing is we always support those in the Capoland, so if you want to come Roost in the Kop and disprespect the Capoland then kindly Fuck Off because that's not what we're about.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 5

One point to note. As silly as it sounds, the Roosters need to stop doing so much game watching. Seems to be a lot of inanimate, silent blokes up there quite often, picking and choosing which chants to participate in.

The idea of the Kop is to help activate the back and middle sections of the terrace so keep up the good work and make sure you nudge the bloke next to ya if he aint singing or gettin into it!

Good to see Melbourne's "Most loyal bunch of bastards'" finally with their own thread...

Rooster Kop Icon: Wayne "The Graceful Swan" Shroj

Wayne.jpg

One point to note. As silly as it sounds, the Roosters need to stop doing so much game watching. Seems to be a lot of inanimate, silent blokes up there quite often, picking and choosing which chants to participate in.

The idea of the Kop is to help activate the back and middle sections of the terrace so keep up the good work and make sure you nudge the bloke next to ya if he aint singing or gettin into it!

True, the Rooster's ambition is cross and eradicate the "Channel of Snap-back" for one solid block of voice in Bay 17!

Rooster Kop v Capoland tatangalar?

This chant died a suitable and appropriate death for a reason.

Edited by cadete

I think the advent of the Rooster Kop is one of the wins of the season. The first game in particular resulted in a genuinely mental terrace.

The trick seems to be engaging the middle rows, but with good effort at front and back of the terrace, I think it will happen.

I thought it was going to be called the Pigeon Kop, to flow on from our NYL terrace...?

We decided the suggestion of “Rooster” was more appropriate due to the Roosting involved.

But very good point, the Rooster Kop is also active at all NYL games.

Look for the markings of the Rooster if you cannot find us purely by noise.

Also word from Foghorn Leghorn is that the Banner is 80% done but minor touch up’s are needed before being suitable for presentation so may not be done for this week’s game.

Edited by cadete

I think the advent of the Rooster Kop is one of the wins of the season. The first game in particular resulted in a genuinely mental terrace.

The trick seems to be engaging the middle rows, but with good effort at front and back of the terrace, I think it will happen.

It would never have happened if certain peope had their way.

It would never have happened if certain peope had their way.

It may not happen this season... but it will happen.

The Rooster Kop is growing and Capoland is growing, the only way they can keeping growing is towards the Channel of Snap-back.

The Bridge will be created: Eventually those who don’t want to get involved will be swamped by those who do and either chose to join up or move to elsewhere in the stadium (Which we have seen already in the past).

Edited by cadete

Well, cadete. The success of the said Rooster Kop is an example of when you listen to people's ideas and being prepared to give things a go.

Let this be a precedent for future co operation, nay?

Why can you not just quit whilst your ahead?

It is a valuable skill you need to learn.

FB had the idea of the Rooster Kop long before you had your idea.

It’s just “Sex, Lies and Videotape” half the time you post on here...

One day you will attempt to claim you introduced City Series Shoes to the Terrace.

One other thing please do not assume that I am stupid.

Just because I choose to remain silent, does not mean that I don’t know what been said behind supposed closed doors.

Edited by cadete

Good but not Great day had in the Kop on Saturday - We could not do much about the Sheep Shagging Party Pooper - And yes I am referring to Woody. (j/k)

Main Highlight for me was mainly the Graceful Rooster (Srhoj) playing easily near one his better games for the club, and finally more of the Terrace realising what we have known for a while in The Kop... Not to Stand So Close to Srhoj.

Also good to see Capo-land Identity "Saso The King of Cedar Nut" to come pay a visit to Kop at least for a while... Cedar Nurrrrrt! Cedar Nurrrrrt!

All and all the Kop is pumped for a big game against Hakoah next week! :D

• 7 months later...

Fire up Rooster Koppers!

This Sunday the R Kop will be trailing a Mega to help support Ando and those in Capoland at the front and get the whole of the bar pumping. So if u dont want to chant then it will probably be for the best if you move out of The Kop.

For those who do want to get involved:

Join Mega Holders: Myself, FB and Marty as we replicate Ando’s chants throughout the match and add a few of our own for when our Capo needs a hand.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3