Melbourne Football

City Kit

mcsoccer225

15 hours ago, possiblygeorge said:

This should be fun. 

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 12.54.00 PM.png

giphy.gif

Whoever came up with the idea of giving it a different coloured sleeve from the body deserves to be shot. Also, what is up with that shade of light blue? It's far too dark - it's almost a grey sky blue rather than proper sky blue.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

I'd say the worst thing about Man City's kit now is that awful emblem they've changed to.

It is now the worst out of the 3 clubs in the CFG IMO

Admittedly it's horribly cartoony, but it's a direct result of demands by the fans to go back to using the 1970s badge. Obviously they had to make changes, of course, because what club ownership would be able to resist the urge to tinker with something that doesn't need tinkering with, but it is at least far more popular than the old badge, which was widely viewed by the fans as a travesty of a design. 

Edited by Falastur

2 hours ago, Falastur said:

Admittedly it's horribly cartoony, but it's a direct result of demands by the fans to go back to using the 1970s badge. Obviously they had to make changes, of course, because what club ownership would be able to resist the urge to tinker with something that doesn't need tinkering with, but it is at least far more popular than the old badge, which was widely viewed by the fans as a travesty of a design. 

Yeah CFG do listen to what the fans want. :tooth:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

This really remains in the FFAs hands though not city's unfortunately 

As long as the FFa is run in NSW then Sydney will get what they want. 

For the record. I wouldnt want a sky blue and agree that there needs to be a difference between the CFG clubs in terms of shirts, like most on here. I would prefer the Malaga/Argentina style or a sash

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

As long as the FFa is run in NSW then Sydney will get what they want. 

For the record. I wouldnt want a sky blue and agree that there needs to be a difference between the CFG clubs in terms of shirts, like most on here. I would prefer the Malaga/Argentina style or a sash

This is a fundamental clash between the objective of our owners and the desire of Melbourne City fans.  CFG appear to be set on their stable of clubs wearing, as far as is possible, similar or even identical kits with sky blue as the main colour, on the basis of promoting the "CFG brand."  Our fans, at least some of us/them, want to see us wearing a kit that is distinctively "Melbourne City."

It is perfectly possible to meet both of these objectives, if only CFG would be just slightly flexible along the lines Dylan suggests - a sky blue shirt with a vertical stripe or a sash in the colour that identifies the actual club - Melbourne red, NYC orange, Manchester white, etc. etc.

Unfortunately, CFG hold all the cards and don't appear to be willing to be flexible at this stage.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

This is a fundamental clash between the objective of our owners and the desire of Melbourne City fans.  CFG appear to be set on their stable of clubs wearing, as far as is possible, similar or even identical kits with sky blue as the main colour, on the basis of promoting the "CFG brand."  Our fans, at least some of us/them, want to see us wearing a kit that is distinctively "Melbourne City."

It is perfectly possible to meet both of these objectives, if only CFG would be just slightly flexible along the lines Dylan suggests - a sky blue shirt with a vertical stripe or a sash in the colour that identifies the actual club - Melbourne red, NYC orange, Manchester white, etc. etc.

Unfortunately, CFG hold all the cards and don't appear to be willing to be flexible at this stage.

Absolutely have a look at Coke - 4 different types 4 different colours but all brand identifiable 

1 hour ago, Deeming said:

Absolutely have a look at Coke - 4 different types 4 different colours but all brand identifiable 

Coke is the most recognisable brand in the world though, the CFG is basing its brand on a second rate team from the hellhole that is northern England. It makes sense that they want as much consistency between the teams as possible 

21 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Coke is the most recognisable brand in the world though, the CFG is basing its brand on a second rate team from the hellhole that is northern England. It makes sense that they want as much consistency between the teams as possible 

I've never really understood this. What are the benefits?
If its about sponsorship - I can't imagine any company saying I'm willing to sponsor you only if all 3+ teams are wearing the same shirt. No as long as they get their logo plastered on they don't care.

If its about branding - its very easy to switch the colours in the material.

If its about getting fans to be fans of other CFG teams - I can see some benefit to this but not a lot. We have a few Man City fans here because of the CFG relationship but I can't see hordes of fans jumping on board based on having the same colour shirt. For A-League fans - Most fans already support an EPL team trying to copy the shirt of Man City will (and does) rub people the wrong way. If people don't have an EPL team a few people have now gone on to support Man City but I don't think that would change at all based on colour. As for A-League-MLS cross over - I Can't see either fans choosing to watch/support each other over the EPL, La Liga, Serie A etc. The best way of cross support would have been guest stints between players.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2016 at 0:54 PM, Deeming said:

I've never really understood this. What are the benefits?
If its about sponsorship - I can't imagine any company saying I'm willing to sponsor you only if all 3+ teams are wearing the same shirt. No as long as they get their logo plastered on they don't care.

If its about branding - its very easy to switch the colours in the material.

If its about getting fans to be fans of other CFG teams - I can see some benefit to this but not a lot. We have a few Man City fans here because of the CFG relationship but I can't see hordes of fans jumping on board based on having the same colour shirt. For A-League fans - Most fans already support an EPL team trying to copy the shirt of Man City will (and does) rub people the wrong way. If people don't have an EPL team a few people have now gone on to support Man City but I don't think that would change at all based on colour. As for A-League-MLS cross over - I Can't see either fans choosing to watch/support each other over the EPL, La Liga, Serie A etc. The best way of cross support would have been guest stints between players.

The only thing I can think of is economies of scale. one kit for all three clubs means less resources needed to come up with 3 different designs and more resource in the football department and everything can be done through Manchester HQ with one supplier but MLS and FFA has thrown the spanner into the works, what with MLS teams having to go through Adidas and FFA refusing us to wear sky blue. Think CFG is just waiting for the rules to change and the synergy will happen. Until then, expect mediocre kits guys!

also, how many fans will buy our custom kit?

I don't see myself buying one unless its a good fucking deal. I've got a home and away kit from last season. That'll do me for a bit. 

No point Nike taking the time and resources to produce something that isn't going to sell much. 

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I thought you were FRG? They told as at FRG that it will be unique to city and mostly white 

I was. I know that, I've been correcting people about it for ages on here. However, I won't believe it until I see it. Also, if it's the new Nike template, all white, with blue or red sleeves, I don't know... I just want to see it. I feel it's the last straw for me, and a disaster waiting to happen. 

29 minutes ago, morphine said:

I was. I know that, I've been correcting people about it for ages on here. However, I won't believe it until I see it. Also, if it's the new Nike template, all white, with blue or red sleeves, I don't know... I just want to see it. I feel it's the last straw for me, and a disaster waiting to happen. 

TBH you may as well just call it quits, you're just going to be disappointed 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm not worrying too much about the kit yet - more wondering what sort of team we're going to have to wear the bloody thing.

Scott Munn will be our main striker if Bruno and Harry leave

21 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

How did you get hold of the photo? Or are you maybe working in a sweat shop overseas.

Nah im full of shit, but i suspect that we will have the Nike Vapor template which all of their national teams have and also the leaked man city kit. So I just mocked it up. You can tell because I rushed putting the logos on and they dont look right ;)

• Like 2