Melbourne Football

Rd: 16 City vs Wellington 25th @ 19:30

MHFC-FAN

1 minute ago, drewmelbcity said:

I've been saying this for a while now with fornarolli his a gem and destroying the a league, wonder why he found it difficult in the second leagues around Europe/ sth america.

He did play in some pretty good leagues, I think most people would be surprised at the quality of the Uruguayan league, many players walk straight into the top European leagues from it. Serie A obviously a top league. But yeah there are some lesser leagues which you think he should have done better on based on what we have seen (Serie B, Greek league, etc). His record seems to show not a lot of appearances, maybe injury problems?

Sometimes it just takes the right conditions, and here he has a system that suits him, a ridiculously good playmaker in Mooy, and some pretty dodgy defences.

7 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Extremely happy in Aus wont be going anywhere with a Marquee Deal waiting for him.

I also don't think he will be going anywhere. He is 28 and from South America, he is very likely to go for money, and CFG have shown once a player has proven themselves (eg Mooy), they are happy to put down the money to keep them. Of course Asia has even more money on offer, but looking at his past career record, he must be enjoying playing regularly and doing really well, he probable has had a pretty frustrating career up until now and it must feel good for everything to be going  right, I don't think he will give it up if there is good money on offer with us which there will be.

There is also a lot to be said about being in a country where he can get PR/citizenship in a fairly short time and never have to go live in Uruguay again. I'm sure he loves his country but if it came to raising a family in Australia or ghetto South American countries where people kill you over $5, or just for fun (I watch liveleak, South America not even once), I know what I'm choosing.

Edited by Tesla

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I also don't think he will be going anywhere. He is 28 and from South America, he is very likely to go for money, and CFG have shown once a player has proven themselves (eg Mooy), they are happy to put down the money to keep them. Of course Asia has even more money on offer, but looking at his past career record, he must be enjoying playing regularly and doing really well, he probable has had a pretty frustrating career up until now and it must feel good for everything to be going  right, I don't think he will give it up if there is good money on offer with us which there will be.

There is also a lot to be said about being in a country where he can get PR/citizenship in a fairly short time and never have to go live in Uruguay again. I'm sure he loves his country but if it came to raising a family in Australia or ghetto South American countries where people kill you over $5, or just for fun (I watch liveleak, South America not even once), I know what I'm choosing.

By the looks of things we will be playing Asians champs so its an incentive to hang around. Also a massive draw card to our next marquees.

He wont have to go back and live in Uruguay, He may eventually head over to MLS if CFG decide to move him around.

Edited by AntiScum

Just now, AntiScum said:

thats a pretty lame responce. if thats the case sack the fitness staff. If we were playing a decent team itll be a different story

no it isn't, if you run and push really hard for 45 minutes then naturally you're going to be tired in the second?

it's not like we ever really lost control of the match anyway, sure we allowed them more space on the ball but our defence was actually compact tonight and thwarted most of their attacks efficiently. 

The Bonevacia goal was brilliant and you're nitpicking if you're going to blame anyone for that.