Melbourne Football

W-League Rd 4 v Canberra United Sun 8 Nov 2.00pm Gosford Away (televised)

Kinnibari

One of our Sunday 2pm televised matches this week! Against Canberra United, who have to travel to Gosford to play in front of the cameras there since Canberra has no a-league team to host a double header. Not ideal for them but should be a good match; first game against the other pre-season favourite so I'm looking forward to seeing how we stack up.

Tune in on Fox and ABC.

• Like 4

For some unknown reason I'm still up at 3am. I probably won't watch the full game but I'd like to see some of it. I can't seem to get a stream, though, as every ABC stream I look for just gets me the American version. Anyone know if I can find somewhere to watch the game?

For some unknown reason I'm still up at 3am. I probably won't watch the full game but I'd like to see some of it. I can't seem to get a stream, though, as every ABC stream I look for just gets me the American version. Anyone know if I can find somewhere to watch the game?

if you get a fox sports stream it's on there too. 

Can someone who's watched more of our games tell me how this compares to other performances? I'm liking what I'm seeing, but as the last 30 seconds of the game highlighted, there does seem to be a handful of players with a poor pass in dangerous or disappointing areas on the pitch. Perhaps I'm expecting too much, but usually when a team is putting a really top performance in - the type that being 3-1 up at half-time usually requires - these kind of mistakes don't seem to happen.

Can someone who's watched more of our games tell me how this compares to other performances? I'm liking what I'm seeing, but as the last 30 seconds of the game highlighted, there does seem to be a handful of players with a poor pass in dangerous or disappointing areas on the pitch. Perhaps I'm expecting too much, but usually when a team is putting a really top performance in - the type that being 3-1 up at half-time usually requires - these kind of mistakes don't seem to happen.

This is the only game that's been televised so far. The only other game I'd expect anyone to have seen was the derby in Melbourne, where we were missing half our best players, so it isn't really comparable. But yes, there have been a few poor passes around the back, one of which led to the goal we conceded. I'd say they probably haven't been that common as it's only the second goal we've conceded all season.

not sure about our performance, but Canberra (who have been my secondary team for a few years now) don't seem to be up to there usual standard; I'm not sure if that's them not being as good this year or us just being that much better than the standard that has been seen in the W-League (and that standard has been improving year on year)