Melbourne Football

W-League Rd 4 v Canberra United Sun 8 Nov 2.00pm Gosford Away (televised)

Kinnibari

2-3

well she's pushed back at her arm and maybe it's slipped up but honestly it wouldn't have hurt a fly. So free kick and remind her to retaliate first next time.

Like I said, I only saw it briefly. I may have just assumed she must have pushed her in the face to have been sent off. Otherwise, yeah it was probably soft.

Another solid win. I thought the first half showed some excellent attacking football from Melbourne City which steamrolled Canberra (the defending champs), except for a sloppy few final minutes. I've only seen 2 full games from the Melbourne City W-League team but that was the poorest period of football I've seen from them, with multiple stray passes including one that lead to a goal. So I'd say that poor spell was an aberration from a class team that consistently plays excellent possession football.

The second half was a character test after De Vanna got sent off, and the team passed it pretty convincingly. Fishlock was awesome in attack and defence IMO, and MOTM I thought. I reckon Kim Little looked physically a little underdone and looked like a player rather unfamiliar with her teammates (which is no surprise, as she's been in Australia at most 1 week). So I'm tipping her to play even better in coming weeks, and be an absolute star in the W-League.

All up a fine win, and very good to see a Melbourne City side be no 1, with a 100% winning percentage.

• Like 1