Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Handy sub to have up the sleeve

Unless someone breaks a shoulder and his called on to play most of game (Like Mitch Duncan in 2011) and then limps off injured himself...

If I was Hawthorn I would have gone with the bloke who has been a terrific sub all year for them in Simpkin - If aint broke then why fix it?

Handy sub to have up the sleeve

Unless someone breaks a shoulder and his called on to play most of game (Like Mitch Duncan in 2011) and then limps off injured himself...

If I was Hawthorn I would have gone with the bloke who has been a terrific sub all year for them in Simpkin - If aint broke then why fix it?

my thoughts exactly. big risk to take imo

Ye Simpkin was unlucky, he happened to have his worse game last week.

I'm leaning towards suckling being sub coz if you're gonna take a risk you might as well go all out. If he can pick up 15+ touches and a few goals we'll win coz his best asset is what he does off the ball.

Need a bit more than 15 touches and a couple of goals from Cyril to win tomorrow. 

Edited by Pokensmoke

I'm leaning towards suckling being sub coz if you're gonna take a risk you might as well go all out. If he can pick up 15+ touches and a few goals we'll win coz his best asset is what he does off the ball.

Need a bit more than 15 touches and a couple of goals from Cyril to win tomorrow. 

TBH I do think it'll be enough.

When you looks at games we've played when Cyril gets close to 20 touches we always win. The reason is because he usually gets a lot of scoring involvements and his efficiency is usually 80%+. 15 touches could mean 2/3 goals 2/3 direct assists and 5+ tackles leading to turnovers inside our half. Thats close to 50 points worth of Cyril magic. 

The other factor is Buddy Franklin but lets not talk about that cunt.

Edited by HeartFc

TBH I do think it'll be enough.

When you looks at games we've played when Cyril gets close to 20 touches we always win.

This is cos Cyril only plays well against shit opposition more than anything else.

I've been coping so much shit season about us being overrated. Every fucking mole has gone back into their holes today. Feels so so good to stuck it up the swans and buddy. This team is on par with geelong and brisbane to be the greatest team in the modern era. Bring on 2015

Overrated true

Only won it because the media is after Essendon and Hird because they are a Super Club...

And because Bucks is in the progress of making a "Collingwood Super Empire" by making all its best players want to leave... :rolleyes:

Edited by cadete

I've been coping so much shit season about us being overrated. Every fucking mole has gone back into their holes today. Feels so so good to stuck it up the swans and buddy. This team is on par with geelong and brisbane to be the greatest team in the modern era. Bring on 2015

Overrated true

Only won it because the media is after Essendon and Hird because they are a Super Club...

And because Bucks is in the progress of making a "Collingwood Super Empire" by making all its best players want to leave... :rolleyes:

Exactly right. The media and the government are working together to try and abolish us its a conspiracy, wake up you fools

• Like 1

This kind of stuff comes with Large Supporter Bases... with more PPL you get more dickheads and they act like even bigger dickheads when they work where their fellow dickheads stand at games and form groups of dickheads.

It is however interesting how much the Hawthorn Supporter Base has not only grown and but in turn changed over the past 10 to 15 years.

It has become much more evenly spread throughout Melbourne and also more ethnically diverse than when it was the Family Club in the 70's and 80's with its small but strong very localised Supporter Base of mainly Anglo families.

I never really encountered any of bogan types at Hawthorn games even throughout the 90's... nowadays you come across as many of them at Hawks games as at any other Victorian game barring Melbourne games of course.

Edited by cadete

Clark heading to Geelong. How are you feeling about that one Cadete?

Worth the risk as far as his injuries are concerned...

And for me the mental illness stuff is a non issue as their would be thousands of Australians who have suffered from clinical depression and returned to the workforce as great contributors. 

And for me the mental illness stuff is a non issue as their would be thousands of Australians who have suffered from clinical depression and returned to the workforce as great contributors. 

Comes with a fair bit of baggage apparently, and I'm not referring to the depression or the injuries.

Geelong has a pretty strong culture though, so hopefully for your sake there is no drama. 

Comes with a fair bit of baggage apparently, and I'm not referring to the depression or the injuries.

Geelong has a pretty strong culture though, so hopefully for your sake there is no drama. 

I'd back Geelong in. Best ran club in the AFL.