Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Adelaide sacking Brenton Sanderson is an absolute load of bullshit.

I've got mates that play for Adelaide and told me that the playing group don't like Sando and think he's a bit of a cunt. Didn't get around the boys whatsoever.

Take from that what you will, but players and coach not getting along is never a recipe for success.

Adelaide sacking Brenton Sanderson is an absolute load of bullshit.

I've got mates that play for Adelaide and told me that the playing group don't like Sando and think he's a bit of a cunt. Didn't get around the boys whatsoever.

Take from that what you will, but players and coach not getting along is never a recipe for success.

Yep - Clearly it was a Player Revolt.

At least Buckley isn't a cheat and my dad tells me Bucks was a better player than Hird :up: :up:

I'm not your dad but I can tell you Hird has more premierships than Buckley ever will as a coach/player (y)

I am Buckley realist rather than a hater.

And as someone who probably saw a lot more of Hird and Buckley than most here I can 100% confirm that Hird was the better player as he was much more of a matchwinner who could be played in a variety of positions to help solve Essendon's shortcomings throughout a match. He could play as a dominant forward target or as a dominant midfielder and this usually is the sign of true champions in my book... Mathews, Ablett, Blight, Jezza etc.

He was also importantly able to find a way to curb his arrogance to be a good captain for both his teammates and for his coach (who was very different kettle of fish to himself).

Buckley (like both Ablett's) could never do this and set such high standard for himself and everyone else it often rubbed of the wrong way on some of his teammates.

FWIW I have also never seen a better Half Forward Flanker than Hird.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

Rioli playing in the VFL final? Surely he'll be a late in and play as the sub. Wtf would be the point of risking him in a mickey mouse granny when he could play a qtr at get into the real granny. Also Sewell dropped for suckling. Not sure about that one. Sewell is snail like but his as tough as nails and he might need that in the first qtr and half before the game opens up. Hope Clarko knows what he's doing coz Port is gonna come at us hard.

Rioli playing in the VFL final? Surely he'll be a late in and play as the sub. Wtf would be the point of risking him in a mickey mouse granny when he could play a qtr at get into the real granny. Also Sewell dropped for suckling. Not sure about that one. Sewell is snail like but his as tough as nails and he might need that in the first qtr and half before the game opens up. Hope Clarko knows what he's doing coz Port is gonna come at us hard.

The real travesty here is that some poor cunt who's been slogging it out all season in the VFL won't even get to play because Rioli conveniently needs some game time. 

• Like 2

The real travesty here is that some poor cunt who's been slogging it out all season in the VFL won't even get to play because Rioli conveniently needs some game time.

Ye I didn't even think about that. Apperantly Sewell might play the VFL too. Should have to play 5+ games to be allow to play any finals VFL footy imo coz it becomes a bit of a joke when u have rioli Sewell and mcevoy playing.

Surely there's a certain amount of games he needs to play during the normal season to qualify?

In the WAFL you need to have played 5 or so games to qualify for finals.

Not sure tbh but like I said it should be min 5 games in the VFL. It really becomes unfair not only for the opposition but the the actual players giving up their spot so some other bloke can test out his hammy.

Surely there's a certain amount of games he needs to play during the normal season to qualify?

There is but there's also a bullshit rule that says AFL Victoria reserve the right to approve any request for a player to be named "within the spirit of the game"

Hence McEvoy last week.

There is but there's also a bullshit rule that says AFL Victoria reserve the right to approve any request for a player to be named "within the spirit of the game"

Hence McEvoy last week.

The VFL is completely fucked.

Makes the WAFL look as well run as the Roman Empire when it comes to these things... and the WAFL is hardly run well.

Wheres kingofhearts when you need him?

Cop that you arrogant fuck hird.

My team may be rapists but at least were not drug cheats

Still right here mate :up:

But we're officially the most retarded sporting organisation in Australia atm, why the fuck would we waste so much money on such a waste of time you stupid fucks.

Time for everyone to fall on their swords, just give up ,we're done

993804_654479507943668_2040759896_n.jpg?

*Couldn't find the simpsons scene, but lisa goes 'oh it's hopeless, utterly utterly hopeless

Who the fuck wants to see another hawks vs Sydney grand final. Boring as fuck from a neutral perspective.

Fuck hawthorn are dogs cunts too.

Ye no shit huh, who wants to see the best 2 teams playing a granny. Been done before so much that no one really gives a shit anymore.

Not to mention both teams are full of fags with huge egos

Edited by marteaux

Haha I saw him but didn't speak to him. I served Heath Shaw though

Seemed like an okay bloke TBH.

Who the fuck wants to see another hawks vs Sydney grand final. Boring as fuck from a neutral perspective.

Ye no shit huh, who wants to see the best 2 teams playing a granny.

Been done before so much that no one really gives a shit anymore.

Not to mention both teams are full of fags with huge egos FWIW 70% of AFL players have big egos...

Ye no shit huh, who wants to see the best 2 teams playing a granny. Been done before so much that no one really gives a shit anymore.

Collingwood being shit has been done before but we see that year in year out.

Ye no shit huh, who wants to see the best 2 teams playing a granny.Been done before so much that no one really gives a shit anymore.

rofl

Didn't realise making the finals 8 years in a row is "being shit".

Ye no shit huh, who wants to see the best 2 teams playing a granny.Been done before so much that no one really gives a shit anymore.

Didn't realise making the finals 8 years in a row is "being shit".

If you're "the biggest club in the country" it is.