Melbourne Football

TV Series

Bill

Anyone watching Power? New show, good reviews, produced by 50 cent, only seen 1 episode so far and it's pretty good, I think a few people on here would enjoy it.

Watched a few more episodes, this gets quite good, and more importantly, best fucking music of any tv show since Entourage.

Surely someone on here watches 24? Even if to just watch Wembley get blown up.

Do you also watch Las Vegas and Burn Notice? Tbf LV and BN are 100 times better than 24. 24 is just that bad

Jack Bauer is the king!

Anyone watch The Recruit on fox8 last week? Will be interesting to see how they work the draft for the winner. I'm 100% sure that is scripted.

They did one years ago called "football superstar". Same thing, just getting a contract with Melbourne Victory (in 2009?)

I think the kid made like 1 appearance and never seen again

It's all just showbiz reality tv bullshit

Edited by Young Polak

Surely someone on here watches 24? Even if to just watch Wembley get blown up.

Do you also watch Las Vegas and Burn Notice?

Tbf LV and BN are 100 times better than 24. 24 is just that bad

Jack Bauer is the king!

Anyone watch The Recruit on fox8 last week? Will be interesting to see how they work the draft for the winner.

I'm 100% sure that is scripted.

They did one years ago called "football superstar". Same thing, just getting a contract with Melbourne Victory (in 2009?)

I think the kid made like 1 appearance and never seen again

It's all just showbiz reality tv bullshit

Jeremy Walker was on Football Superstar.

And he didn't even make it to the finals :droy:

Most overrated player in MHFC history.

Edited by Tesla

And now this afl show has players who say they were soccer or basketball players and just got into the sport recently, would assume it should be filled with vfl players and what not (but I don't know about the others since I saw 2 minutes of it)

I wouldn't take these shows seriously

Who's this Liam McCormick guy that won a contract with Brisbane in 2010? Did he even play?

Edited by Young Polak

2 eps into Peaky Blinders. It's very impressive.
I've seen that critics think the accents in the show aren't up to scratch.

I've never had much of an ear for accents, but the way Tommy Shelby pronounces a confrontational "eh!?" at the start of episode 2 had me in stitches, as members of my own family from Birmingham are known to make an extremely similar grunt.

2 eps into Peaky Blinders. It's very impressive.

I've seen that critics think the accents in the show aren't up to scratch.

I've never had much of an ear for accents, but the way Tommy Shelby pronounces a confrontational "eh!?" at the start of episode 2 had me in stitches, as members of my own family from Birmingham are known to make an extremely similar grunt.

Cillian Murphy (Thomas Shelby) is solid IMO even though he slips up with his brummy on occasion. A lot of the others though are pretty shaky though and sound really hammed up.

Edited by Braveheart

What to do now that I've finished both seasons of House of Cards?

The Americans. :up:

Looks like a solid candidate.

While I'm here, really lost all interest in Hannibal during season 2, fucking falling asleep. I might push on since the ending of season 2 is apparently so great.

Also, saw first episode of Under the Dome, seems meh. Anyone watching it? Is it worth continuing?

Edited by Tesla

Push on with Hannibal.

Have you seen Fargo yet?

September 8th at around 1pm, you'll be able to acquire Boardwalk Empire.

Tyrant is many to be alright... But not sure.

Masters of sex is also meant to be good. The main actor is the lycan from underworld.

Yeah smashed through Fargo.

Fuck didn't even finish last season of Boardwalk, need to get back to it and catch up.

Push on with Hannibal.

Have you seen Fargo yet?

September 8th at around 1pm, you'll be able to acquire Boardwalk Empire.

Tyrant is many to be alright... But not sure.

Masters of sex is also meant to be good. The main actor is the lycan from underworld.

Yeah smashed through Fargo.

Fuck didn't even finish last season of Boardwalk, need to get back to it and catch up.

i thought it ended abruptly. this season is set 20 years after the last season.

Yeah I watched most of it since cbf finding anything else to watch. Pretty incredible how much breaking bad has won over the last few years.

Yeah, it was kinda obvious they'd win Outstanding Drama and that Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul would win their respective awards. It's the last time they're gonna win the awards so it's great they won so many.

Was happy that Modern Family won Outstanding Comedy!

EDIT: Also loved the Bryan Cranston - Julia Louis-Dreyfus "Tim Whatley and Elaine" references.

Edited by hakz7

• 2 weeks later...

Boardwalk empire season 5 episode 1

Fark yeah. I still haven't watched it... yet! Hopefully tonight i'll get around to it.

Same

Ditto.

I read an article the other day (NOT ABOUT PLOT SPECIFICS) that suggested that BWE lost its way a little across the journey and although I absolutely love the show, there are a few points that I saw myself agreeing with. 

For those who would like to read it: http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/hbo-boardwalk-empire-finale-final-season/

DISCLAIMER: It contains discussion about the general themes of season5 but not specific plot events. Also, if you have not seen seasons 1-4 don't read the article as it mentions assumed knowledge of events from the previous seasons.

• Like 1

Boardwalk empire season 5 episode 1

Fark yeah.I still haven't watched it... yet! Hopefully tonight i'll get around to it. Same

Ditto.

I read an article the other day (NOT ABOUT PLOT SPECIFICS) that suggested that BWE lost its way a little across the journey and although I absolutely love the show, there are a few points that I saw myself agreeing with.

For those who would like to read it: http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/hbo-boardwalk-empire-finale-final-season/

DISCLAIMER: It contains discussion about the general themes of season5 but not specific plot events. Also, if you have not seen seasons 1-4 don't read the article as it mentions assumed knowledge of events from the previous seasons.

I sort of agree with that it has lost its way, but that is similar to alot of hbo series and imo it ends up adding more to the series later on in unexpected ways.