Melbourne Football

Membership Day, Tuesday September 30

Murfy1

NEWS: #MembershipDay 2014

memday_1d635yyqbz6uh1y1rkyueqyhzy.png?t=

Monday, 29 September 2014

Melbourne City FC will be holding its annual Membership Day on Tuesday 30 September.

Players and staff will be live on SEN1116 throughout the day as the Club moves closer to the 2014/15 Hyundai A-League season.

The day will kick-off at 7:40am with Head Coach John van’t Schip joining Andrew Maher and Andrew Gaze for Morning Glory with plenty of membership prizes and initiatives.

Members who sign-up during the day will receive our exclusive 2014/15 members armband and 10 members who have signed up already will also win one of the armbands by telling us in the comments of tomorrow’s Facebook post why they are ready to lead the team.

Stay tuned to SEN1116 on AM frequency 1116, online at sen.com.au or through the SEN app.

#MembershipDay schedule

7:40-8am Head Coach John van’t Schip on Morning Glory with Andrew Maher and Andrew Gaze

10-10:20am CEO Scott Munn on Hungry for Sport with Kevin Bartlett

2:45-2:55pm Patrick Kisnorbo on Harf Time with Daniel Harford

5:40-6pm Damien Duff on The Run Home with David Schwarz and Mark Allen

8:10-9pm Jason Hoffman on Evenings with Finey with Mark Fine

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/news--membershipday-2014/23o2a4zzg5s91y1ebjp6xac5p

• Like 3

Hmm surprised no one else brought it up already.

Where are our membership armbands?

Not that I want one, it's just the principal of the matter.

Are not they just for juniors?

Don't know. My reference was to the article quoted in the OP that makes no mention of them being only for juniors.

Hmm surprised no one else brought it up already.

Where are our membership armbands?

Not that I want one, it's just the principal of the matter.

Are not they just for juniors? Don't know. My reference was to the article quoted in the OP that makes no mention of them being only for juniors.

My daughter got one in her junior pack she thinks it's a bracelet

• Like 1

Should be a good day tomorrow and hopefully get some insight to the season a head. I for one will be listening intently on what the club hope to achieve this year, and what the expectations are... Hopefully we get some info on Villa's arrival or our Aussie Marquee prospect.

Hopefully the boys on SEN ask the big questions...

Should be a good day tomorrow and hopefully get some insight to the season a head. I for one will be listening intently on what the club hope to achieve this year, and what the expectations are... Hopefully we get some info on Villa's arrival or our Aussie Marquee prospect.

Hopefully the boys on SEN ask the big questions...

"So which AFL team do you follow?"

"Who's the biggest tightarse at the club?"

"How good was 'You'll Never Walk Alone' at the MCG last year?"

• Like 3

The standout thing i took out of JVS's interview was that no one is safe.

"It takes time to build a completely new team"

"We are looking into getting someone for the defense, but it's hard with the salary cap"

whoever doesn't have a contract past this season, i'd say, won't be at the club next season. 

The standout thing i took out of JVS's interview was that no one is safe.

"It takes time to build a completely new team"

"We are looking into getting someone for the defense, but it's hard with the salary cap"

whoever doesn't have a contract past this season, i'd say, won't be at the club next season. 

So basically he is conceding we are defensively fucked for the year haha

Edited by drewmelbcity

He said he was aware of the defensive issues, but hold Chapman in high regard. He's been sick so he might be under done come season start. He should be right for the second half.

He also stated that in the coming months, they will announce the Australian marque. He didn't confirm nor deny Kennedy. Instead he gave the typical coach answer... 'We are looking at a lot of players, Kennedy is one of them'. Lol

But I do agree with JVS. You can't just sack everyone and then start again as it all counts toward the cap

Not just that, you still got to field 18 Aussies and its not that easy to find good ones.

Very true. But that's the challenge of being a coach in the A-League.

Which has been managed to have been won nine times... who would have thought.

Edited by cadete

flights on etihad airways arive in melbourne from NY on thursday, saturday and monday... roughly 5:45pm. take your pick

The blokes David freakin Villa private jet all the way

The club just issued a statement: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/david-villa-to-attend-hyundai-a-league-201415-launch/1d8amvu75u4uo1dspwuxcsdjql

So tempted to go to the Launch on Tuesday now..

flights on etihad airways arive in melbourne from NY on thursday, saturday and monday... roughly 5:45pm. take your pick

The blokes David freakin Villa private jet all the way

The club just issued a statement: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/david-villa-to-attend-hyundai-a-league-201415-launch/1d8amvu75u4uo1dspwuxcsdjql

So tempted to go to the Launch on Tuesday now..

If you do, mind purchasing me a ticket?

I listened to SEN all day today and read the articles and statements.. They mention David Villa will be at the season launch on Tuesday 7th October.. The way I read it Villa will arrive either Tuesday morning early or Monday, if he plays in our season opener he would be back on a plane Friday afternoon to Sydney??? Seems hectic and unreasonable.

I wouldn't be surprised if he arrives Sunday night 5th Oct, it would give him at least 1 day to get over his jet lag before a light session Tuesday morning and then season launch function...

I listened to SEN all day today and read the articles and statements.. They mention David Villa will be at the season launch on Tuesday 7th October.. The way I read it Villa will arrive either Tuesday morning early or Monday, if he plays in our season opener he would be back on a plane Friday afternoon to Sydney??? Seems hectic and unreasonable.

I wouldn't be surprised if he arrives Sunday night 5th Oct, it would give him at least 1 day to get over his jet lag before a light session Tuesday morning and then season launch function...

he would barely have any jet lag after flying first class