Melbourne Football

My new team

BavsinghSAFC

Pre match drinks and away game viewings are at the imperial hotel cnr of burke street, next to the Parliament station entrance. 

You want to sit on the yarra end. so bays 16, 17 and 18. I highly urge you to buy an active supporter membership as the home darby games against the mongs you don't

need to buy an extra ticket. plus its where all the action is.

• Like 1

Welcome to Melbourne! Not to put a damper on the mood but if you are going to purchase active membership you have to be ready to stand and chant for 90 minutes :up: if you want somewhere where you can sit down without people standing in front of you, or you have a family then anywhere on the south end outside of the active support area is good. Or if you are willing to spend a bit more category A or B memberships are great and provide great view of the pitch whilst still being down the south side of stadium.

Edited by n i k o

yeah payment plans 20 bucks a month and it just rolls over every year so it's great value. 

and that's the place everyone meets up and head from there. It may change throughout the season for the Etihad stadium games but they'll post it on here which 1 they have organised for us to attend. 

Welcome to Melbourne! Not to put a damper on the mood but if you are going to purchase active membership you have to be ready to stand and chant for 90 minutes :up: if you want somewhere where you can sit down without people standing in front of you, or you have a family then anywhere on the south end outside of the active support area is good. Or if you are willing to spend a bit more category A or B memberships are great and provide great view of the pitch whilst still being down the south side of stadium.

I'll sharp learn all the chants

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Just moved over from England and I've decided to pick Mebourne as my new adopted team for the season ahead and for the future. This will be a new experience for me over compared to the Premier League.

Hoping that people can give me advise on where to sit? Pre-match beers? I will be coming to the match alone so preferably somewhere that has a bit of atmosphere as that's the end I used to sit it back home.

Followed Sunderland all my life, saw some amazing games in the premiership and I travelled into Europe to watch Barcelona play in the Champions League, but now it's time for a new chapter!!

I hope the season ahead can provide me with some cracking memories.

Cheers

Bav

Hey mate, Welcome to Melbourne, and to the City family. You've chosen the right team, and the more respected team in Melbourne. This year should be entertaining, I think we'll have a terrific year. Hope you enjoy it man!

Welcome aboard mate, I love hearing stories like these! 

Active is the best atmosphere wise if you're prepared to stand and chant for the 90, otherwise General Admission on the Yarra End just above the active area is also pretty good if you want to relax a little bit more but still soak in the atmosphere. Cat. A & B are the best viewing seats.

I go to games alone as well mate but everyone is welcoming and every game is a blast, win or lose. Enjoy!

you can download the melburnians (our active supporter group) app for iphone and android that has all the words to our chants for the upcoming season

you can download the melburnians (our active supporter group) app for iphone and android that has all the words to our chants for the upcoming season

Just on this we need to organise audio to the chants......

• Like 1

Great stuff!

The Imperial also has a lot of English people that go there to watch football, so you will feel at home whenever you are there having beers and watching the football.

Looking forward to having a few beers with you.

I look forward to it. Will be nice to have people to talk about football with instead of the Mrs who doesn't care haha.

When the time gets nearer I'm sure we can all arrange a meet prior to the game

Just on this we need to organise audio to the chants......

i thought a melburnians youtube channels was going to be made

• Like 3