Melbourne Football

New Active Support Group Discussion

Embee

The Armorial

of or pertaining to heraldry or heraldic bearings.
bearing a coat or coats of arms
noun
a book containing heraldic bearings and devices.

That is my best shot.

Edited by Demon_Heart

Probably can't use it, but Old Melburnians

This isnt the worst suggestion, except for the established local football clubs.

Don't like it personally. The club isn't old, nor does it consist of 'old boys' of Melbourne Grammar (which is what the current 'Old Melburnians' is - 'Old Melbourne Grammarians'). And that's without factoring in the link that could be made with the Melbourne Football Club supporter base (rightly or wrongly, they're considered to be a bunch of old 'rah-rah' grammar boys who flee for the ski fields in their Land Rovers at the first sign of a disappointing season for their team). People are talking about specific 'try hard' things about the name, but I reckon using a name that makes it sound more historic than it really is is just as try hard as anything else.

Don't mind 'The Wall', though I wonder if it's a bit generic for the club (i.e. what does it have to do with the club, or the city, specifically?). And 'The Red Wall' probably makes it sound a little bit Iron Curtainy, though maybe that's not necessarily a bad thing. I also wonder if using the colour red in the name might create issues with new recruits, both now and down the track.

Probably can't use it, but Old Melburnians

This isnt the worst suggestion, except for the established local football clubs.

Don't like it personally. The club isn't old, nor does it consist of 'old boys' of Melbourne Grammar (which is what the current 'Old Melburnians' is - 'Old Melbourne Grammarians'). And that's without factoring in the link that could be made with the Melbourne Football Club supporter base (rightly or wrongly, they're considered to be a bunch of old 'rah-rah' grammar boys who flee for the ski fields in their Land Rovers at the first sign of a disappointing season for their team). People are talking about specific 'try hard' things about the name, but I reckon using a name that makes it sound more historic than it really is is just as try hard as anything else.

Don't mind 'The Wall', though I wonder if it's a bit generic for the club (i.e. what does it have to do with the club, or the city, specifically?). And 'The Red Wall' probably makes it sound a little bit Iron Curtainy, though maybe that's not necessarily a bad thing. I also wonder if using the colour red in the name might create issues with new recruits, both now and down the track.

This has already been sorted and no colours will be in the name.

CBD

City Battle Division

City Brigade Diehards

Citizen Brigade Detachment or Citizens Detachment Brigade

Clearly Best Dressed

Citizens Before Dawn ... or COP Citizens on Patrol

or CDB ... City Denizen Brigade

Class Brilliance Daring

Citizens and city will not be used

CBD

City Battle Division

City Brigade Diehards