Melbourne Football

New Active Support Group Discussion

Embee

The second the MCFC terrace starts accepting money from the club - is also the second I come into the terrace to drop my dacks to take a shit on the drums.

I'd rather have fireworks shot into my ass than see this become a club sponsorsed Shitfest. the minute you take their money is the minute you lose your integrity as well as your sovereignty.

Fan funded only. NICE

• Like 5

Yup, we are not Sydney FC, no need to ask the club for tifo money.

To be fair - that only happened once. They deployed a professionally made display on behalf of their club.

Take nothing away from Sydney's other tifos as they are absolute quality / miles ahead of everyone else in the league.

To be fair - that only happened once. They deployed a professionally made display on behalf of their club.

Take nothing away from Sydney's other tifos as they are absolute quality / miles ahead of everyone else in the league.

I know, it was just a little dig :P

I know, it was just a little dig :P

FWIW it was at Newcastle that for a years there made some Club Aided Displays.

Blue Moon that city use as their anthem works really well especially how it says "without a dream in my heart" Could be worth using for our own.

Also love this for the derby

"Hark now here/The City sing/Victory run away/And we will fight forever more/Because of derby day/We are City/Super City/We are City from AAMI Park/Oh City City/The only team to come from Melbourne.

Edited by Ruckoo

I personally like the idea of naming ourselves along the lines of a 'place' rather than a 'group' if that makes any sense.

In a similar vein to Jimmy I'd had 'The Heartland'/'The Heart Land' jump into my head, which you could also shorten to THL as some seem to like to do with Active Support groups.

• Like 1

Blue Moon that city use as their anthem works really well especially how it says "without a dream in my heart" Could be worth using for our own.

Also love this for the derby

"Hark now here/The City sing/Victory run away/And we will fight forever more/Because of derby day/We are City/Super City/We are City from AAMI Park/Oh City City/The only team to come from Melbourne.

wljm9q.jpg

I personally like the idea of naming ourselves along the lines of a 'place' rather than a 'group' if that makes any sense.

In a similar vein to Jimmy I'd had 'The Heartland'/'The Heart Land' jump into my head, which you could also shorten to THL as some seem to like to do with Active Support groups.

This!

The Heartland sounds awesome! 

• Like 3

What do people think of "BraveHearts"?

Sorta tough, not overly cheezy, incorporates a bit of blue and still holds on the heart history.....

When you say that, the only thing that pops into my head in Mel Gibson.

and we can all wear wife beaters!!!

....See what i did their??

"The HEARTinators"  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:

On a srs note, kudos to King Malta, Jimmy and all for this initiate. Onwards and upwards in the spirit that was established by YS.

Am happy to chip in with some money, particularly on occassions when we need generate a new banner, etc. I can see our first game at AAMI as being huge already :up:

• Like 1

"The HEARTinators"  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:

On a srs note, kudos to King Malta, Jimmy and all for this initiate. Onwards and upwards in the spirit that was established by YS.

Am happy to chip in with some money, particularly on occassions when we need generate a new banner, etc. I can see our first game at AAMI as being huge already :up:

This is the attitude to adopt. Kudos to you too for realising that the attitude you are portraying is whats needed!

It's easy to point fingers and listen to naysayers and take their word as gospel. But, It take initiative to create something great... Get around it ladies and gents. 

Furthermore, T-Dog! I distinctly remember chatting to you at the imp, last season, and you telling me that you want to have a go/become full time capo. Well, i thought it was a brilliant idea. So i'm endorsing you!  :up:

• Like 1