Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

I liked the kappa kit apart from the collar, looked more solid and less ronald mcdonald like than having stripes all over. 

Agree that the new away strip looks shithouse. A little bit torn now about which shirt to buy....colours aside the home kit is far superior but still wont feel right wearing sky blue even though I know I'll have to embrace it eventually. 

This has also crossed my minds if I am going to be honest but I think I will still end up getting the Red.

And the best Striped Kit we ever have had are still the Original One's that had White Backs instead of Red... bring it back FFS.

Edited by cadete

That's ridiculous. Wanted it for Sydney away. Club will miss the hype of the villa shirt selling arrival then.

I'm exactly the same.

Here we are talking ourselves up as the richest club in the Asia and we still have pathetic issues like this.

I bet I won't be able to get a infant kit for my little one either

Heating the kits don't be available until our first home game.

This has pissed me off beyond belief

Fuck that for a joke, honestly it's not that hard port Adelaide came up with a new jersey in less than a week.

They came up with 44....and the tarps are probably using a manufacturer like ISC who have 2 customers in the world. 

Heating the kits don't be available until our first home game.

This has pissed me off beyond belief

Fuck that for a joke, honestly it's not that hard port Adelaide came up with a new jersey in less than a week.

They came up with 44....and the tarps are probably using a manufacturer like ISC who have 2 customers in the world.

True however I believe Nike has more sweat shops to work from

This probably doesn't concern most of you, but I emailed the club in regards to infant kits and if they might decide that Melb City supporters do in fact reproduce and have babies.

Just got an email back from the club saying they wont be offering infant kits this year.

Fuckin over having to beg for merchandise of any kind period.

Even though I don't buy much merchandise, it does concern me. I thought that perhaps I was imagining a change in the way City were interacting with supporters about 8 weeks ago. Maybe I was not wrong after all. And it certainly isn't what I expected.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Even though I don't buy much merchandise, it does concern me. I thought that perhaps I was imagining a change in the way City were interacting with supporters about 8 weeks ago. Maybe I was not wrong after all. And it certainly isn't what I expected.

Its a joke.

I was just telling my misses a minute ago and she was shattered.

I moved heaven and earth the get my little one last season's infant kit (with zero help from the club) and when I took him in it for his first game, we had soooo many people asking where we got it from.

Apparently a big club in Asia now.

Still have merch issues

Some new club merchandise now on-sale at the club shop https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/melbournecity/producttype/2

Also I note the tops on show here: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/education/moug6z9lpe0l1v10yzept8ltv. Wonder if they're the design for the new A-League kit?

Can't see the new merchandise 

Some new club merchandise now on-sale at the club shop https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/melbournecity/producttype/2

Also I note the tops on show here: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/education/moug6z9lpe0l1v10yzept8ltv. Wonder if they're the design for the new A-League kit?

Click on "New! City Apparel" and "New! City Scarves and Caps."

Got MrsJW and me new scarves!

Some new club merchandise now on-sale at the club shop https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/melbournecity/producttype/2

Also I note the tops on show here: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/education/moug6z9lpe0l1v10yzept8ltv. Wonder if they're the design for the new A-League kit?

Click on "New! City Apparel" and "New! City Scarves and Caps."

Got MrsJW and me new scarves!

Those have been there for a while me thinks

• Like 1

NEWS: Get ready for Family Day 2014!

Wednesday, 27 August 2014 - @MelbourneCity

Melbourne City FC will be holding its annual Family Day on Sunday 21 September

The Club is looking forward to the biggest Family Day yet with a range of exciting events, activities and competitions planned throughout the day in 2014.

Family Day will commence at 11am at La Trobe University’s Lower Playing Fields on Sunday 21 September, with members and fans given the unique opportunity to attend an open training session, prior to Family Day commencing.

In addition to previous activities at Family Day, Melbourne City FC will also introduce a mega Melbourne City FC home jersey, with all 2014/15 members invited to sign their messages of support for the team this season.

The giant shirt, complete with fan messages, will be unfurled at home matches in a message of support for players as they make their way onto AAMI Park for all of the Club’s 13 home matches.

While Family Day presents fans and members with the opportunity to mingle with their Melbourne City FC heroes, there will also be plenty of events for all fans, young and old, with our MatchWorks player photo booth, the Westpac carnival stand, the LOVE Real Estate BBQ and samples from Melbourne City FC's sports drink partner, Hydralyte.

After the conclusion of training, players will move to the Bluestar Global Logistics stage where they will be handed their playing jerseys for the season and sit down for the HOSTPLUS Signing Session.

Etihad Airways will also be offering two lucky members the incredible opportunity to present the Melbourne City FC playing squad with their playing jerseys on stage and the two members will walk away with their own home jerseys.

In addition, Etihad Airways will be giving away eight home jerseys to members who attend Family Day as part of a competition during September.

Fans are urged not to forget their hydration throughout the day with Yarra Valley Water’s fresh water station and Westpac will be running a gold coin donation campaign for their Life Saver Rescue Helicopter as well.

There will be plenty of 2014/15 merchandise on sale and members will be able to pick up their membership packs for the upcoming Hyundai A-League season.

'Finally' I thought, then realized its probably that crap they are already selling ...

Edited by Dylan

noticed this when looking at the pics today, seems to be a collar on paartalu's shirt.

http://i.imgur.com/Tu4L9Og.jpg

I noticed it also but it may be just the back part sitting higher up

Read somewhere that when a team first signs nike as a kit supplier etc the first season they must select an already made template and then after the first year you can then ask for something custom made.

I noticed when the take over happened the mock up looked a lot like England's world cup kit. Turns out we used that template minus the pin stripes and as you can see the 'collar' sits up a little. Surprise surprise its similar to Man City's current kit.

england-world-cup-shirt-front.jpeg

our collar looks a little different ie: our front come down to a point, and England's doesn't.

FWIW The material of the england kit is terrific, and of such high quality. I hope we get the same, and looking at the preseason games and the photos, it is

Edited by Dylan

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/brisbane-roar-reveal-new-201415-away-kit?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=aleague

So Brisbane do a white away strip ... I thought white was ours just like sky blue is SFC's???

Will be interesting to see who wears what when they play us at AAMI

Id assume they would just wear there home kit then?

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/brisbane-roar-reveal-new-201415-away-kit?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=aleague

So Brisbane do a white away strip ... I thought white was ours just like sky blue is SFC's???

Will be interesting to see who wears what when they play us at AAMI

Id assume they would just wear there home kit then?correct

So I tried emailing (3 days ago) the club to ask if the new kits will be at family day since there is a signing session with the players...No reply as of yet,

They probably don't know and instead of going out of their way to ask someone the lazy f&^$#% probably thought, "if I hold off replying long enough, Family Day will come and he'll just find out for himself!"