Melbourne Football

AFC Asian Cup 2015

Nate

So Japan out.

And that it is why it was pointless worrying about semi final opponents when the quarters haven't been played. Just win your game then see who you are against next

If anything it shows leaving the best team for final is always smarter coz a shit could beat them in the quarters or semi's.

Gonna take that $2.75 for us to win the Asian Cup. All day err day.

Opened up @ $4.25 on Sportsbet, just took a slice. Push farken. You didn't get on the Take on Tom?

Fuck I love it when Tom fucking loses these.

Wasn't available in July.

Should have put another 20 if you were confident :up:

There'd be no qualms over that if it was his first yellow. He kicked him, then wasted time pretending he was injured to get out of it.

Correct call IMO

Well said.

Finally seen this (unfortunately missed that game as was travelling).  This was far from the softest red card I've seen Williams give.

Football is supposed to be a man's game and if we want to attract people to watch it and play it then having clowns play act pretending to be near fatally injured after the lightests of taps needs to be stamped out.  So for me a red card was a fair outcome.

Now how about some thought about the player's action in the context of the situation. He is playing a quarter final of a major tournament (in fact the biggest his country is ever likely to get close to winning), for one of the strongest teams.  They are ahead against their traditional rivals and are expected to win, based purely on "football quality".  The ref is known to be a bit trigger happy and prone to handing out red cards.  The player has already been booked and it is not yet half time. Logic suggests that a committed player acts with caution.

Clearly "old mate" was behaving in a reckless manner, with only little upside (his cheating gets an opponent sent off, well yeah, but they are on their way to winning anyway) and a huge down side.  IMO they should mark his card "never to play for Iran again".  Clearly doesn't take it seriously enough.

I found it particularly interesting during tonight's broadcast when Simon Hill brought up the rumours of the UAE being awarded the rights to host the 2019 Asian Cup. Would probably be better World Cup hosts than their neighbours in Qatar, and would put up a much better fight on the pitch as the obligatory Group A lock-ins. 

Personally, I know I'd be much likelier to go to Abu Dhabi and Dubai than I would Doha.

Personally, I know I'd be much likelier to go to Abu Dhabi and Dubai than I would Doha.

Have a friend in Doha know, by all reports it's pretty much what you'd expect in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

Also worth noting, Qatar is probably the most stable country in the middle east right now because they are less reliant on oil than the others as they have gas as well. The budgets of some of the other Middle East countries, including UAE, are taking quite severe hits.

That's not to take away from the fact Qatar was a retarded choice.

• Like 2

I found it particularly interesting during tonight's broadcast when Simon Hill brought up the rumours of the UAE being awarded the rights to host the 2019 Asian Cup. Would probably be better World Cup hosts than their neighbours in Qatar, and would put up a much better fight on the pitch as the obligatory Group A lock-ins.

I prefer to keep my head so I wouldn't go to neither.

I prefer to keep my head so I wouldn't go to neither.

Doesn't happen, because they pay off the terrorists.

EDIT: and the laws are pretty lenient for Westerners if you mean in regard to committing a capital crime.

Edited by Tesla