Melbourne Football

Ideas for Improving Yarraside for Season 2014/15

GabiBoyd

Seems like if someone is not part of the core he or she cannot have an opinion or make suggestions?

Thanks for proving you guys are everything that is wrong with "Yarraside".

Going to stop wasting my time trying to better this pathetic support :up:

edit: except tesla

The problem is everyone has an opinion, but hardly anyone is willing to help out. And it isn't like your opinion is constructive criticism like Niko's and THB's.

SO the response you get to your 'opinion' will generally be in a similar manner to the way you conveyed it.

• Like 2

Seems like if someone is not part of the core he or she cannot have an opinion or make suggestions?

Suggest something then other than complaints real simple

Did you not read? I said there are plenty of chants in the chants section... feel free to use 1 or 2 lol or not - no fucks given anymore good sir.

Going to stop wasting my time trying to better this pathetic support   :up:

At the end of the day, you are posting on an internet forum, where anyone can freely make an account and post, as just a username. Do you really think it's unreasonable that your opinion won't have a lot of weight in comparison to the weight it would hold if you took the time before one game to come up and introduced yourself to a few people at the pub, so we could put a face to the username, and probably recognise you as someone we have seen standing in Yarraside regularly?

Also if you're going to post in an antagonising manner yourself, do you think it's unreasonable that others will respond to you in a similar fashion?

I don't need to show you my face and get on my knees for you all to take an opinion seriously or give it thought.

I'm over giving a shit at the moment, I've noticed almost everyone who is not core is not given the time of day.

I've posted plenty of chants in the chants section and while some have received good reception from a fair bunch of people - nothing flourished (just an example).

That is YOUR loss. You guys are missing out on opportunities to better Yarraside for the general public - not just for the core.

If you want a larger Yarraside you will acknowledge and perhaps accept people's opinions and suggestions.

Otherwise you are just a bunch of cheap dictators alienating potential hardcore fans that this club needs. 

Over and out.

• Like 1

But the root of the problem is that people shouldn't be picking and choosing what they will sing on game day. If the core group has selected a chant then it should be sung. It doesn't matter whether you like it or not. After the game it can be addressed. If I were to join Yarraside I would be obligated to sing whatever chants the core group have designated. If I felt strongly about a certain chant not being good enough then after the game I would raise the point but not during the game. Showing a united front as one should and would be the most the important part.

That would work if the core group actually gave a shit. 

Going to stop wasting my time trying to better this pathetic support  :up:

geez, why you so bitter? 

Supporters like you make me fucking sick. Unless you've got some thing constructive to contribute shut the fuck up. Myself and many others have sacrificed so much of our time outside of full-time employment, relationships and other social commitments to get us to where we are only to be rewarded with SHIT football and some of the most fickle fans in the league who feel its acceptable to point the finger at us for a shit season. WTF have you ever done??? Pull your head in. 

What's your problem rofl, the thread is titled "ideas for improving yarraside" and I'm proving ideas if you don't like it well... bl champ.

@nicotera5 troubled upbringing can't you tell 

We didnt use this chant cos it was a shit idea:

http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2519-were-ruining-football-we-dont-care/

Oh Wait another one of your suggestions, no likes, no comments, plenty of "support" :

http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2417-home-is-where-the-heart-is/

9 people liked it, why didnt you start it on Gameday:

http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2175-99-red-balloons-potential/

3 suggestions...Thank you for all your contributions. Sometimes people just have shit ideas, myself included, its not personal, what sounds good in your head doesnt always work in practice.

I don't need to show you my face and get on my knees for you all to take an opinion seriously or give it thought.

I'm over giving a shit at the moment, I've noticed almost everyone who is not core is not given the time of day.

I've posted plenty of chants in the chants section and while some have received good reception from a fair bunch of people - nothing flourished (just an example).

That is YOUR loss. You guys are missing out on opportunities to better Yarraside for the general public - not just for the core.

If you want a larger Yarraside you will acknowledge and perhaps accept people's opinions and suggestions.

Otherwise you are just a bunch of cheap dictators alienating potential hardcore fans that this club needs. 

Over and out.

No problem, you can maybe create a thread about the dictatorial conspiracy going on here at the other forums you frequent, godlikeproductions.com and abovetopsecret.com, they seem to respect the speculative ramblings of anonymous forum members :up:

• Like 1

Pull your head in strider. Just because you suggest a couple of chants on here and they get a couple likes means fuck all, get off your ass and see a member of core at the imp if you're serious about getting one of your chants sang on match day.

You remind of a bloke who will suggest going out, but will never be the bloke to organize it.

• Like 1

Even when we come up with new chants that are started on matchday, half (perhaps more) the terrace don't join in cos it's posted on the forum and they obviously haven't seen it leading to no idea what is being sung. In saying this, there are new chants suggested and some are usually decent but they are not even attempted. So we wouldn't know if it could get caught on.

Even if there's a relatively simple chant (suggested on forum or made up on matchday), most people don't join in.

When compared to other terraces (1 in particular. The other has been protesting all season) the reason why they are louder and heard more is simply because 90% of the terrace if not EVERYONE sings and they do so repeatedly and equally as loud each time and not stopping after singing it once and I don't mean singing the same song over and over cos some songs get boring. But the simple ones that everyone knows is stopped right away by some people and that causes everyone to stop cos you don't want to be the only one singing...

Suggest something then other than complaints real simple

Did you not read? I said there are plenty of chants in the chants section... feel free to use 1 or 2 lol or not - no fucks given anymore good sir.

At the end of the day, you are posting on an internet forum, where anyone can freely make an account and post, as just a username. Do you really think it's unreasonable that your opinion won't have a lot of weight in comparison to the weight it would hold if you took the time before one game to come up and introduced yourself to a few people at the pub, so we could put a face to the username, and probably recognise you as someone we have seen standing in Yarraside regularly?

Also if you're going to post in an antagonising manner yourself, do you think it's unreasonable that others will respond to you in a similar fashion?

Over and out.

When you start criticising Yarraside in a negative way then one thing and one thing only matters...put your money where your mouth is, basically. If you feel that strongly about some of your chants then go get involved and make them heard in person. If you don't do any of these things then whatever you write on here will only ever be a suggestion. Nothing more.

And if your a hardcore fan you would have done these things by now.

• Like 2

The problem is everyone has an opinion, but hardly anyone is willing to help out. And it isn't like your opinion is constructive criticism like Niko's and THB's.

SO the response you get to your 'opinion' will generally be in a similar manner to the way you conveyed it.

Not defending strider or myself or anyone, but yeah we all have opinions, but i know for a fact that if i tried to act on my opinion id probably get the piss taken out of me due to my age, like i'd love to capo at a game but i'd probably get the piss taken out of me, like i said before. I don't think i'm the only one but people feel isolated from the core group, like everything has to go through them first, but here you are on the forum saying 'oh give it a go at the game' but then as i said, as a capo you don't want other people other than the capo starting chants. Don't get me wrong you're all very approachable and all, which is good & everyone appreciates all the hard work gone in for the tifos etc but it's as if everything has to go through the core first, but here you are saying 'hardly anyone is willing to help out' well that's why IMO. 

Nothing against no one but something needs to be worked out. 

Not very elaborate re-reading this but I'm sure everyone gets what i mean  ^_^

Edited by THB
  • Like 1

Not defending strider or myself or anyone, but yeah we all have opinions, but i know for a fact that if i tried to act on my opinion id probably get the piss taken out of me due to my age, like i'd love to capo at a game but i'd probably get the piss taken out of me, like i said before. I don't think i'm the only one but people feel isolated from the core group, like everything has to go through them first, but here you are on the forum saying 'oh give it a go at the game' but then as i said, as a capo you don't want other people other than the capo starting chants. Don't get me wrong you're all very approachable and all, which is good & everyone appreciates all the hard work gone in for the tifos etc but it's as if everything has to go through the core first, but here you are saying 'hardly anyone is willing to help out' well that's why IMO.

Not very elaborate re-reading this but I'm sure everyone gets what i mean ^_^

My point was more that if people put across their opinion like you have it is more likely to be listened to, where as Strider was being a cunt about it, so that is the manner in which he gets replied to.

I think Niko summed it up above pretty well.

Not very elaborate re-reading this but I'm sure everyone gets what i mean  ^_^

Just a point I'd like to make as I keep seeing it being said, not just in your post but a couple of other posts, but actually anyone can start a chant when the capo hasn't started one. Maybe it shouldn't be like that, but that's how it's pretty much always been for Yarraside, and it does happen a fair bit that other people apart from the capo start chants.

Yside in general (edit) has disappointed me this season. Not enough people getting into it (chants etc.) it's rather annoying because I, like many others try our hardest to lose our voice by the end of the game by chanting throughout the game. And then you look around and you see some playing on their phones, looking disinterested, or have their thumb stuck up their ass (not literally of coarse).

Maybe it's because of our shit season on field, but I think we do need major change in the way we go about match days. We are definitely more of a relaxed terrace, which is not a bad thing, but this has hindered the growth and success of the terrace somewhat.

The first thing we need to do, is stop the bickering between supporters, at the end of the day, we all are singing for OUR team. I have noticed a divide in the terrace, and the news about the colours and city has not helped this at all, everyone has their own opinions on the matter and people need to respect that.

I came into Yarraside 2 years ago and I found that you guys were all pretty welcoming and a great bunch of guys (and girls). I felt at home. I loved going to AAMI Park and seeing all the regular faces ready to sing as one on match day.

The city news for me IS quite unsettling because of coarse we have no idea what is going to happen, but I hope no matter what the news, we are all still there as passionate for OUR club.

I think for next season, if you are truly crazy about Melbourne Heart, and you are in yarraside (or thinking of joining) make sure you give 110% for the team and yside, and it should encourage others to do the same. This very thing happened to me, I once was not as vocal but seeing the people next to me almost blacking out through chanting certainly got me going.

Edited by Demon_Heart
  • Like 2

Suggestion: core to wear something in unison on game day for people IN active know who to approach for ideas. We have a general idea who is core on the forum, but not everyone IS on the forum nor do they know who they are in real life.

Just a 'core' top or something.

If you or anyone else came to the pub and introduced yourself/got to know everyone you would quickly realize who's in charge and who to approach with ideas.

Edited by Hackett
  • Like 2

Suggestion: core to wear something in unison on game day for people IN active know who to approach for ideas. We have a general idea who is core on the forum, but not everyone IS on the forum nor do they know who they are in real life.

If you or anyone else came to the pub and introduced yourself/got to know everyone you would quickly realize who's in charge and who to approach with ideas. I do and have come before and have a general idea. Problem is not everyone does. Why not become accountable and presentable to input. Seems a theme in this 'discussion'

Core members can easily be identified by the AAA passes and when we're setting up banners and flags prior to kick off. Often both myself and other core memebers are approached by people with ideas.

• Like 1

Core members can easily be identified by the AAA passes and when we're setting up banners and flags prior to kick off. Often both myself and other core memebers are approached by people with ideas. Where do they go after kickoff? The aaa passes disappear?

Core members can easily be identified by the AAA passes and when we're setting up banners and flags prior to kick off. Often both myself and other core memebers are approached by people with ideas.Where do they go after kickoff? The aaa passes disappear?

So you can't recognize the same two or three people that are on the ground setting up prior to every game after kick off?

As I said; we've been approached regularly this season at the game by people who want to be proactive about their ideas or discuss issues.

Edited by Hackett
  • Like 1

You know who people are alexiano, why attempt to be a smart arse.

Not trying to be what you say I am. I'm just highlighting that those NOT on the forum, etc don't necessarily know who is who.

But like I said, it's fairly obvious who is who.

Not trying to be what you say I am. I'm just highlighting that those NOT on the forum, etc don't necessarily know who is who.

Anyone just simply has to head to The Imp pre/post match and introduce themselves. It's not hard. It's all that I did.

• Like 2

Just another thought (my thought), I don't think dress codes are the answer at all for 'improving yarraside' or for getting people more 'in touch' with core. Not once has the CORE group turned anyone away from giving ideas... In-fact, It is encouraged to approach them and introduce yourself and give ideas.

Just a generalisation here to everyone that reads this... Please take note:

You want to know who the Core are?

You want to be pro-active?

You want to be 'in the scene'? 

You want to belong?

You think you are passionate?

You have questions?

You have answers?

Come to the pub, just by you being there and mingling with the various people there... you will learn quickly:-

- Who the care are.

- How to be Pro-active (in-fact you are already pro-active just by showing up to the imperial)

- You'll be in the scene.

- You'll feel like you belong.

- You'll learn what passion is.

- Your questions will be answered and your answers will be taken on board.

And arguably the most important aspect, is the realisation that we are all here for the same cause!!!!!

If you are unable to make the Imperial Pre AND/OR Post games, ask around on game day who everyone is and come and introduce yourself.

Ask the questions and observe for yourself.

You'll learn quick that keeping everyone happy is bloody hard! But ultimately what is done is for the best of the terrace.

It's easy to throw hatred and criticism. It's hard to be pro-active and show faith across the board. 

This has been reiterated so many times across the forum, across social media, etc.

You never know, you might even get shouted a drink or two!  :up:

• Like 2

At the end of the day, just like with most things in life, it's easy to be the person sitting on the sidelines, saying "x needs to happen, y needs to change". A lot of those criticising freely admit that they have never attended a game in the active section, or only attend games occasionally in the active section.

The fact of the matter is, there is nothing stopping anyone in Yarraside contributing more. There is nothing stopping anyone in Yarraside becoming capo, it's obviously a position that doesn't have a permanent fixture currently. There is nothing stopping anyone in Yarraside becoming a Core member, I honestly think someone could go from being a completely unknown random showing up to a preseason game, to being a Core member before the next season has started.

Seriously, if someone thinks they have what it takes to be capo, make yourself known. As long as you aren't completely incompetent, or a known fuckhead, you'll be in with a chance. Better yet, come to the preseason games and stake a claim then and there.

Anyone that want's to contribute more, just say so. We always need help with tifos for example. That doesn't mean a week before the derby you send a PM to a Core member, as just a username on the forum, and ask if we need help. That means you put in the time to attend preseason games, away games at the pub, pre games on match day, post games on match day, etc, so other yarraside members actually know who you are, and you make it known well beforehand that you want to help out, because a week before the game the tifo is already finished.

Apart from that, at this point in time, the best way you could contribute will be to attend the off season games, because that is where things like new chants can be tried and learnt.

That might be the reality of the situation in theory, but that's not the reality of the situation in practice.

You say there's nothing stopping anyone stepping up to be capo, but when people have stepped up to capo the terrace, like Baby Jay , he was shouted down and publicly berated by the 'Yarraside Core' in front of hundreds of people during a game.

How is the capo supposed to be respected by the whole terrace, when members of the 'Yarraside Core' are shouting someone new down when they're trying to capo?

Instead of shouting him down, did any Core member offer to go down there and stand beside him and help? Help give him more presence?

I have not seen anyone from the 'Yarraside Core' stand with the capo and help them out, at any point this season. Not once. You can't call yourselves the leaders, and want everything to go through you, but then not provide leadership when leadership is needed.

You say there's nothing stopping anyone getting more involved, but how many people have suggested new chants or posted ideas for flags/2 sticks have gotten a smart reply from senior terrace/core members on here or been laughed at or shut down?

You say there's nothing stopping others making banners and being proactive, we wanted to make one for the game on the weekend for the Keep The Red & White campaign and had to put up with smartass replys from the 'Yarraside Core' all week about the campaign being pointless, that we should sign stat decs instead and other pointed barbs. Then when we deployed the banners at the start of the game we had yarraside core members jeering us publicly in front of the terrace over what we had made.

You say that anyone can rise through the ranks, but when a terrace member who has stood with us almost since the start,mdrinks with us at the imp and has particpated in away trips, wanted to be promoted to the 'terrace talk section' on the forums, you 'Yarraside Core' did not want to promote him as he wasn't able to go to games anymore. But yet are happy to have people have access to the terrace talk who live in Ireland and England and haven't stood with yside in months, presumably because you know them better.

You say there's nothing stopping someone rising to 'Yarraside Core'. I put my hand up to help out more this season, I was made apart of the 'Outer Core' (an oxymoron if I ever heard one) , I went to most of the preseason game, I helped out over two massive days with the major derby tifo this season, I helped out with message banners for games, I helped out with the silent protest (even though I didn't agree with it), I travelled 3 times this season and did the major tour game to Perth. And even after all that, I now find myself dropped from 'Outer Core' since the middle of the game on Saturday with no reason given at all, but presumable because I was passionate about 'keeping the clubs colours' and helped to organise something around an issue many people on and outside this forum were very passionate about.

I honestly am not fussed about having the tag removed, that section of that forum was dead anyway, I just think it's pretty spineless that not one of the 'Yarraside Core' could front me on Saturday, and speak to someone who was one of four original people who helped found this 'Yarraside' terrace, and let me know that I had been dropped from Outer Core and why that was specifically so.

The point is, the theory about rising through the ranks and putting your hand up to help, don't match with actions of the 'Yarraside Core' in reality.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with you as individuals, you are all great people in person, but the Yarraside Core as a group is seriously flawed and disorganised at times, which is to the detriment of the Yarraside as a whole. Disorganized?

How can you actually be serious?

The YSIDE Core of the past two Seasons now makes profit each year as compared to the YSIDE Core of S1 S2 which was in a crippling debt.

Just another thought (my thought), I don't think dress codes are the answer at all for 'improving yarraside' or for getting people more 'in touch' with core. Not once has the CORE group turned anyone away from giving ideas... In-fact, It is encouraged to approach them and introduce yourself and give ideas.

Just a generalisation here to everyone that reads this... Please take note:

You want to know who the Core are?

You want to be pro-active?

You want to be 'in the scene'?

You want to belong?

You think you are passionate?

You have questions?

You have answers?

Come to the pub, just by you being there and mingling with the various people there... you will learn quickly:-

- Who the care are.

- How to be Pro-active (in-fact you are already pro-active just by showing up to the imperial)

- You'll be in the scene.

- You'll feel like you belong.

- You'll learn what passion is.

- Your questions will be answered and your answers will be taken on board.

And arguably the most important aspect, is the realisation that we are all here for the same cause!!!!!

If you are unable to make the Imperial Pre AND/OR Post games, ask around on game day who everyone is and come and introduce yourself.

Ask the questions and observe for yourself.

You'll learn quick that keeping everyone happy is bloody hard! But ultimately what is done is for the best of the terrace.

It's easy to throw hatred and criticism. It's hard to be pro-active and show faith across the board.

This has been reiterated so many times across the forum, across social media, etc.

You never know, you might even get shouted a drink or two! :up:

Without wanting to rock the boat. I’ve been going to the Imp pre- and post-match and for away games for over two years, missing perhaps a handful of sessions total in that time, and have also attended pre-season and away games. Yet I am no closer to feeling accepted or part of the crew. I don’t have access to Terrace Talk. I only found out for certain who the Core were quite recently, at the derby tifo session (which I was only invited to through Bozza), when Bozza came straight out and asked who the Core were. Incidentally, even then, the answer was provided hesitantly, even in private, when there were literally about 5 people in the room who had all been personally invited.

I feel like if I didn’t happen to start dating Bozza 4 weeks after starting to attend the Imp, I wouldn’t even enjoy the level of silent tolerance that is the best I expect from the Core at the moment. Most of the time I don’t even bother sitting at the same table as the Core at the Imp these days, but when I do, it’s like I’m not even there. Conversations go over and around me, totally ignoring my existence. Is it because I’m just not their type of person/they don’t like me? Is it because I’m a female? Whatever the case, it is a myth that simply turning up to the Imp regularly will get you magically accepted into the crew.

I think accessibility to the Core is a real issue that perhaps isn’t obvious or apparent to those on the inside, but that those on the periphery struggle with every week.

By the way, this isn't in any way to take away from the difficult job that running the terrace is. But accessibility to the leadership group I think is pretty important.

EDIT: Also not intending to come across as butthurt. Genuinely don't care if you guys like me or not, I have my own friends and I'm happy to just be there supporting our club. I only commented because the processes you think you have in place don't actually necessarily work.

Edited by GabiBoyd
  • Like 5

At the end of the day, just like with most things in life, it's easy to be the person sitting on the sidelines, saying "x needs to happen, y needs to change". A lot of those criticising freely admit that they have never attended a game in the active section, or only attend games occasionally in the active section.

The fact of the matter is, there is nothing stopping anyone in Yarraside contributing more. There is nothing stopping anyone in Yarraside becoming capo, it's obviously a position that doesn't have a permanent fixture currently. There is nothing stopping anyone in Yarraside becoming a Core member, I honestly think someone could go from being a completely unknown random showing up to a preseason game, to being a Core member before the next season has started.

Seriously, if someone thinks they have what it takes to be capo, make yourself known. As long as you aren't completely incompetent, or a known fuckhead, you'll be in with a chance. Better yet, come to the preseason games and stake a claim then and there.

Anyone that want's to contribute more, just say so. We always need help with tifos for example. That doesn't mean a week before the derby you send a PM to a Core member, as just a username on the forum, and ask if we need help. That means you put in the time to attend preseason games, away games at the pub, pre games on match day, post games on match day, etc, so other yarraside members actually know who you are, and you make it known well beforehand that you want to help out, because a week before the game the tifo is already finished.

Apart from that, at this point in time, the best way you could contribute will be to attend the off season games, because that is where things like new chants can be tried and learnt.

That might be the reality of the situation in theory, but that's not the reality of the situation in practice.

You say there's nothing stopping anyone stepping up to be capo, but when people have stepped up to capo the terrace, like Baby Jay , he was shouted down and publicly berated by the 'Yarraside Core' in front of hundreds of people during a game.

How is the capo supposed to be respected by the whole terrace, when members of the 'Yarraside Core' are shouting someone new down when they're trying to capo?

Instead of shouting him down, did any Core member offer to go down there and stand beside him and help? Help give him more presence?

I have not seen anyone from the 'Yarraside Core' stand with the capo and help them out, at any point this season. Not once. You can't call yourselves the leaders, and want everything to go through you, but then not provide leadership when leadership is needed.

You say there's nothing stopping anyone getting more involved, but how many people have suggested new chants or posted ideas for flags/2 sticks have gotten a smart reply from senior terrace/core members on here or been laughed at or shut down?

You say there's nothing stopping others making banners and being proactive, we wanted to make one for the game on the weekend for the Keep The Red & White campaign and had to put up with smartass replys from the 'Yarraside Core' all week about the campaign being pointless, that we should sign stat decs instead and other pointed barbs. Then when we deployed the banners at the start of the game we had yarraside core members jeering us publicly in front of the terrace over what we had made.

You say that anyone can rise through the ranks, but when a terrace member who has stood with us almost since the start,mdrinks with us at the imp and has particpated in away trips, wanted to be promoted to the 'terrace talk section' on the forums, you 'Yarraside Core' did not want to promote him as he wasn't able to go to games anymore. But yet are happy to have people have access to the terrace talk who live in Ireland and England and haven't stood with yside in months, presumably because you know them better.

You say there's nothing stopping someone rising to 'Yarraside Core'. I put my hand up to help out more this season, I was made apart of the 'Outer Core' (an oxymoron if I ever heard one) , I went to most of the preseason game, I helped out over two massive days with the major derby tifo this season, I helped out with message banners for games, I helped out with the silent protest (even though I didn't agree with it), I travelled 3 times this season and did the major tour game to Perth. And even after all that, I now find myself dropped from 'Outer Core' since the middle of the game on Saturday with no reason given at all, but presumable because I was passionate about 'keeping the clubs colours' and helped to organise something around an issue many people on and outside this forum were very passionate about.

I honestly am not fussed about having the tag removed, that section of that forum was dead anyway, I just think it's pretty spineless that not one of the 'Yarraside Core' could front me on Saturday, and speak to someone who was one of four original people who helped found this 'Yarraside' terrace, and let me know that I had been dropped from Outer Core and why that was specifically so.

The point is, the theory about rising through the ranks and putting your hand up to help, don't match with actions of the 'Yarraside Core' in reality.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with you as individuals, you are all great people in person, but the Yarraside Core as a group is seriously flawed and disorganised at times, which is to the detriment of the Yarraside as a whole. Disorganized?

The YSIDE Core of the past two Seasons now makes profit each year as compared to the YSIDE Core of S1 S2 which was in a crippling debt.

Melbourne Heart also made a profit last year, does that make them organised?

The topic is " ideas for improving yarraside for season 2014/2015"

Not my problem with the yarraside core is ....

I stand at the back of the Bay 16 active area and never new this went on.I go to the impy before most games and everyone is happy to say hello. 

I`ve even been able to stand next too a legend of the yarraside megaphone on the odd occasion  lol   

As for the one`s complaining about not feeling loved,just carm down.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with you as individuals, you are all great people in person, but the Yarraside Core as a group is seriously flawed and disorganised at times, which is to the detriment of the Yarraside as a whole.Disorganized?

The YSIDE Core of the past two Seasons now makes profit each year as compared to the YSIDE Core of S1 S2 which was in a crippling debt. Melbourne Heart also made a profit last year, does that make them organised?

I do agree that it does not mean core is organised, but he is referring to information that you may not be privy to. Such as some of those who seem to be leading the complaining were in fact ex YS Core. And what Cadete is saying is despite being in crippling debt the current core managed to turn that around fund numerous large scale tifos which are not cheap.

In any case if heart were running at a loss how much worse would it be?

Maybe it is an issue that people do not know how much effort goes in behind the scenes by core.

There is no doubt that the core put a lot of effort in what happens behind the scenes, but I've asked to help out before and have had suggestions but I have been given the same answer/response almost every single time, you guys always seem to just give us assurance that something is brewing or happening. If you gave some of the 'nobodies' the time to help out with matchday preps like tifo etc. then maybe effort would be more spread out and there wouldn't be so much pressure or weight on you guys

I'm Turning 18 in July so I haven't been able to head to the pub and say hi to the majority of you but I'd love to put my hand up for anything and everything for next season and beyond

• Like 1

@Malloy I do think it's great that you guys have managed to get YSide to make a profit and you guys should be applauded for that. But as you have implied success of a terrace should not only be measured by profit but by noise levels, colours, satisfaction of terrace members and relationship levels with other terrace members and supporters. And with no disrespect intended we seem to be falling in regards to these aspects.

You are probably in regards to how much fans don't realise the effort you as a core group put in. But that can also be put down to a lack of communication, something that has been said needs to be addressed.

There is no doubt that the core put a lot of effort in what happens behind the scenes, but I've asked to help out before and have had suggestions but I have been given the same answer/response almost every single time, you guys always seem to just give us assurance that something is brewing or happening. If you gave some of the 'nobodies' the time to help out with matchday preps like tifo etc. then maybe effort would be more spread out and there wouldn't be so much pressure or weight on you guys

I'm Turning 18 in July so I haven't been able to head to the pub and say hi to the majority of you but I'd love to put my hand up for anything and everything for next season and beyond

Your enthusiasm is heartening. And im sure we all look forward to meeting you next season at the pub.

One of the reasons behind the 'secrecy' regarding tifo sessions and the like is more so the management of man power. There is no point having 300 people as the supplies needed to make a Tifo only warrants 20 - 30 people to use them. I've put my hand up multiple times to help and nothing has come of it because the man power has been there.

Don't be disheartened by not getting an invite, it by no means is a reflection on yourself or anyone else. 

Please note: I do not speak for the Core. They have their own voice. I'm merely giving my own thoughts from my own experiences.

Edited by Deviant
  • Like 1

Like heart in Hobart said, go to the pub. Introduce yourself. Enjoy a beer. I did. Worked out ok.

Wasnt sure if they would accept me with my strong past hellas roots, and to be honest, I didn't (and still dont) give a fuck.

The bigger picture here is OUR CLUB and how you as individuals choose to support it.

A lot of whining going on, in regards to people not being accepted/liked. Its a big bad world out there people.

Deal with it.

I dont give a fuck if they like me or not. I will still go and support my team rather than worrying with bullshit playground like politics.

Peace

• Like 1