Melbourne Football

Hope for a brighter Melbourne football future..

a-new-red

Fooken 'ell, a sensible person that supports the Tards. Didn't know that such a person existed :P

Seriously, I play park football with a Tard supporter that also comes to our games and he's a pretty good bloke and we get on and that's the way it should be. Banter and ribbing and fun and of course us winning more derbies than you lot :up:  What I want to see one day soon is a HAL grand final between MV and MH and selling out Etihad or having it rescheduled to MCG coz they were expecting an 80,000+ crowd. That's what I want to see for Australian football and I reckon the Melbournes clubs can deliver :soon:

• Like 1

By the sounds of things you are becoming a heart fan

haha nah just have a soft spot because it never good to see a team going through this ( im a coventry supporter ) unless it wsw or the smurfs

Northern Terrace are protesting against themselves, that's how much it's about them.

Least we support the team.

cant comment on the nt as im not apart of them or the happenings within them but i get what you mean 

Your story is like my brother's. He started at MV (and is still a member) but became incresingly disillusioned with all the meat heads at MV and Kevin Muscat. When MHT was announced he decided to become a member of both clubs so that the game could progress - he also figuratively put a gun to my head for me to join. These days he attends all the Heart home games but rarely does he go to the MV games. On derby day he backs the Heart.

Great to see that you enjoy a good game of football and like you I hope that the slump we have been in has now bottomed out, and now we can get back to stage great derbys.

It's funny, most MV fans are like the older brother, suddenly displaced by the arrival of a new sibling who wishes his brother dead or living away with another family. The reality though, like you say is that we need two strong teams in Melbourne, each will make the other stronger. Hopefully our shameful era will end with the sale of the franchise to someone who cares.

• Like 4

In regards to derby incidents etc. there is no way known i will hate a man, woman or child for being a red & white as i see no reason to hate/hurt an opposing fan for there choice of football club (unless your club of choice is outside Victoria )

So if someone follows a club from outside Victoria you're alright for them to be hurt? :hmm:

This is the exact mentality why you're club has a suspended sentence for supporter violence hanging over your heads :droy:

Edited by FB.
  • Like 1

In regards to derby incidents etc. there is no way known i will hate a man, woman or child for being a red & white as i see no reason to hate/hurt an opposing fan for there choice of football club (unless your club of choice is outside Victoria )

So if someone follows a club from outside Victoria you're alright for them to be hurt? :hmm:

This is the exact mentality why you're club has a suspended sentence for supporter violence hanging over your heads :droy:

i was speaking on the derby incidents on there own no one should be hurt/beaten for going to the football i just mean i dislike them because they are not Victorian i see how it got misconstrued hope this clears it up