Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

So, what happens to this forum, if theres a name change.

A name change I can handle, what's going to happen to my nickname if we change colour? "Sky Blue or Dead" just doesn't have to the same ring to it! Lol

Personally, I'd be livid if our kits change from the red & white stripes; it's the reason why I started following Heart and every team I support in all leagues wears red & white; Olympiacos, Liverpool, Heart, St George Dragons (Rugby League), Sydney Swans (Aussie Rules - for the Man City forumites :)) ! I'm glad to read that the general consensus by my fellow Heart fans is that we're okay with a name change, but not a colour change.

I voted to keep the red & white stripes as or home strip, but am happy to incorporate the sky blue in our away top and maybe have a fan-designed 3rd kit for when we play Sydney FC over there.

Edit: For the record Man City fans, even though I'm a Liverpool supporter I have a soft spot for City because I just dislike Man Utd (Rags I think you referred to them?) as I am hoping you really dislike Victory (or Tards, as we like to call them) :-)

Edited by Red or Dead

So how do we get our opinions across to THE Men THAT matter?

If our friends from Manchester are to be believed there will be polls and fan forums where we can voice our opinions.

Would be nice to have an AGM or Annual Members meeting of some sort, seeing as we're currently at 7kish it wouldn't be hard for the club to organize.

If our friends from Manchester are to be believed there will be polls and fan forums where we can voice our opinions.

Just read the press release again from our CEO to see what kind of professional approach they take to everything and the respect they show.

Would be nice to have an AGM or Annual Members meeting of some sort, seeing as we're currently at 7kish it wouldn't be hard for the club to organize.

would be good after one of the games. Have a function and meeting at the tennis joints or something like that.

• Like 1

they will contact you , well not just you but the whole wider you (sorry if this is making no sense i havent got this little work done since the MCFC take over) any one that is registered with the club via membership will receive emails or if your on mailing lists or through the club website or even at the matches with people milling around representatives also attend supporters meetings and generally thought you well not .... only joking :)  wont get to see the MAIN MEN they will get the feelings/feedback of the masses and act accordingly

Edited by pmdaok

I guess the part I bolded in blue below of our pre-match song will have more meaning to it from hereon  :D

Imagine me and you, I do
I think about you day and night, it's only right
To think about the girl you love and hold her tight
So happy together

If I should call you up, invest a dime
And you say you belong to me and ease my mind
Imagine how the world could be, so very fine
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together...

I'd actually like one Man City fan come on here and talk of at least one negative. After the past couple of years of following Heart all this positivity is freaking me out a little. 

Nose bleeds mate from sitting top of the league for years to come.

Sore throats from celebrating goal after goal after goal.

You get the picture....;-)

Thanks I knew it couldn't all be positive! I feel much better now. 

would be good after one of the games. Have a function and meeting at the tennis joints or something like that.

If the club are willing to organize it they could have it anywhere, even the Exhibition centre, I've attended some Collingwood functions there and it would be great to have something similar with the Heart.

This financial backing can used to create an even more community/member focused approach with undertakings like that. We should all want to be as involved as possible with this moment in our history, this is a critical stage for the Melbourne Heart and if everything goes the way we hope it will be something we'll tell our children/grandchildren about.

another Man City fan here.

I've just spend the last day or so reliving (through your posts) my memorties of the exact seem feelings (elation, excitment, vindication, trepidation) that I felt when I leanrt we were being taken over by ADUG - its been quite emotional really remembering all of that again. Part of what drew me to comment was the similarities between the clubs at the point of takeover, and from my own own experience, to try and reassure you all that the bunch of owners you now have are the best you could wish for.

My own personal hope is that you get to keep your shirt colours - they are the colours of Melbourne and you lot are rightly proud of them.

Finally, I read an interesting post a bit back about 'international membership'....I might have to look into that!

Best wishes all - I'll be watching tommorrow am early when (we) take on Adelaide.

We have been in a world of hurt. Constant ridicule by the other side of town but recently this season all of the a-league commentators, journalists, bloggers, friends family and work colleagues.

Its been a tough pill to swallow and whilst I'm sceptical, I already have high expectation (and assurance), that we'll be more than okay. Oh to have the shoe on the opposite foot!

Oh. And here. ;)

http://membership.mhfc.com.au/packages/international

sky sports England do (or did) a fanzone where one fan from each team were in a studio watching the game and 'commentating' live usually turned into a farce of wind ups but all good fun , fanzone danny was the BOSS now works with the beautiful miss Pike (and you can tell her that from me) in and around 'City square' before the matches delivering in depth City news and general good banter (thats a pint you owe me Danny for the big up)

Sorry playing catch up who's fanzone Danny?

City fan mate that does our pre match shows over here in City square before our home games. Just a fan who has an inside to the club and therefore, would be a great start for any quiries and contacts you guys might want.

I would take note though of the press release from the CEO. You are a seperate entity, playing on another continent in a different league and you will not become a plaything he will get bored of and walk away from, no matter how many times you will hear it from jealous fans of other clubs.

As a club we were deep in the shit when HRH Mansour took over. In the shadow of our twattish neighbours and the butt of everyones jokes. He promised us it would end and it has. 5 years later we are one of the richest clubs in the world, with world class players and playing some of the most attacking and beautiful football you could ever imagine.

He is busy turning us into one of the worlds biggest sporting names and in doing so, he is also investing in our local community and transforming what was a dump into something incredibly special, creating jobs for the local community and making sure that the club benefits commercially as well so that in the future, we will be more than self sustaining.

NYCFC have been invited along for the ride and you boys have just unwrapped a golden ticket as well.

Honestly, you have no idea just how lucky you have become :-)

• Like 1

another Man City fan here.

I've just spend the last day or so reliving (through your posts) my memorties of the exact seem feelings (elation, excitment, vindication, trepidation) that I felt when I leanrt we were being taken over by ADUG - its been quite emotional really remembering all of that again. Part of what drew me to comment was the similarities between the clubs at the point of takeover, and from my own own experience, to try and reassure you all that the bunch of owners you now have are the best you could wish for.

My own personal hope is that you get to keep your shirt colours - they are the colours of Melbourne and you lot are rightly proud of them.

Finally, I read an interesting post a bit back about 'international membership'....I might have to look into that!

Best wishes all - I'll be watching tommorrow am early when (we) take on Adelaide.

We have been in a world of hurt. Constant ridicule by the other side of town but recently this season all of the a-league commentators, journalists, bloggers, friends family and work colleagues.

Its been a tough pill to swallow and whilst I'm sceptical, I already have high expectation (and assurance), that we'll be more than okay. Oh to have the shoe on the opposite foot!

Oh. And here. ;)

http://membership.mhfc.com.au/packages/international

or 36 quid :)  worth it I think once January is over!

in terms of y(our) rivally with Victory, dont worry - these are the kind of quotes that you can expect to look forward to (selective, I know - acknowledged in case of forum fans viewing!):

from Red cafe (MUFC) |"Champions 13-14? - It's got to be City, right? Much as I hate them, they're freaking good.", "City. They play excellent football and a lot of their players aren't really dislikable. Obviously it won't be a great sight but them ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea surely"

from RAWK (liverpool) re MCFC: "Best strike force in world football", "It feels like Arsenal are just keeping the seat warm for them atm.", "Their attack is scary good this season.  99 goals in all comps already"

In a few years, susbstitute City for Heart.....this is the ride you just started on. This is what our (Heart and City's) football 'philosophy' delivers -  enjoy it.

Edited by Invaliduser
  • Like 1

998_zps62e8b372.png

Not sure about the very inner detail of the badge, but liking very much the home kit.  The red and white quarters remind me of QPR on That Day.  Nice introduction of some sky blue.  Black shorts would work equally well for me there as well - like the black you have but with white lettering (in the whole third kit) would make the various parts of the kits interchangeable.

The away and third kits are basically City's last year's home kit and previous year's away kit and are both classic City home and away kits so I can't do anything but go weak at the knees seeing them.

Yeah, I really like the clean, fresh.professional appearance of that home kit you've done there.  I knew a lot could be done with red and white with some black and sky blue.  All it needs is the sort of creativity you've shown here.

Its hard how to explain this feeling/sensation except for finding your long lost twin and family who is loaded (and not corrupt).

We've got an instant distant family. And the more this goes on, the more I'm drawn to adopting City as my EPL team (as I currently don't have one)

Heart were often the team everybody liked. Not bad boys. Everybody's '2nd' team. Sounds like we're due for some rollercoaster ride.

Hi all,

Yet another blue here. Just wanted to welcome you to the family.

You boys are in for one hell of a ride! Sit back, relax and enjoy. We all now share the greatest owner in the world and MCFC along side NYCFC and now the Heart is a great thing.

Would love to see a tournament in years to come with the 3 teams.

TMW

• Like 2

Guys. If you wanted to send feedback to MCFC I'd be happy to receive, summarise and forward it to the relevant people. As mentioned in my first post on here I'm born and bred Aussie but resident in Manchester, and a season ticket holder at City for 11 years. I would add that the club (MCFC) won't be sitting back waiting for you to provide feedback, I'm sure they'll be actively seeking that out over the coming months. But I know it can be good to make your voice heard. If you think its a good idea let me know by pm or in this thread and I'll set up a gmail account or something.

• Like 2

Guys. If you wanted to send feedback to MCFC I'd be happy to receive, summarise and forward it to the relevant people. As mentioned in my first post on here I'm born and bred Aussie but resident in Manchester, and a season ticket holder at City for 11 years. I would add that the club (MCFC) won't be sitting back waiting for you to provide feedback, I'm sure they'll be actively seeking that out over the coming months. But I know it can be good to make your voice heard. If you think its a good idea let me know by pm or in this thread and I'll set up a gmail account or something.

just as i said earlier the club WANTS your opinion

moomba at long last a forum where i have more posts than you :)

just as i said earlier the club WANTS your opinion

moomba at long last a forum where i have more posts than you :)

Im beating the pair of you lol.

Have to admit, its a decent forum and I will be posting on here more often as more news of the tie in with Heart emerges.

Hello Melbourne Fans.

Another Manchester City supporter (40 years standing) wishing to contribute to your debate about the take over. I think the one thing you can be pretty confident about is things will improve on the playing side. The other big positive is that they are extremely professional and will be looking at ways to improve the match day experience in all sorts of ways, in doing so they hope you won't mind spending a bit more along the way. They aren't rip-off merchants that are just going to put the prices up as much as possible, in fact Man City is still one of the cheapest places to see a football match in the Premier League. They have been good judges of what prices they can charge for instance in Saturdays FA cup match entry is £15 for adults and kids for £1. This is against lower league opposition normally its about £40 but Manchester is not the richest city in the UK and they seem to recognise that and price accordingly. They will get extra money through providing more services like food and merchandise.

I think there are downsides, supporters of other teams will envy your clubs luck in getting rich owners and there will be much bitterness from them. The other thing that will be a downside to some of you will be that the Arabs certainly have big plans to expand the franchise and I don't see how they can do that unless you become like one of those companies that retains its name but the parent company is always mentioned. Having said that I think you can see with NYCFC that they are quite sensitive to local sentiment and the last thing they would want is for there to be open problems with the fans/local because as far as I can figure it out the main benefit of their investment has been a massive awareness of all thing Abu Dhabi.

I don't know what they will do about your colours etc, it would certainly be a sore point if they had tried to change from light blue and white in Manchester. All I can suggest there is maybe Red and Black stripes is Manchester City's traditional away strip in fact they wore it when they lifted the FA cup in 1968, perhaps that would work. I think I am right in saying that the then City coach Malcolm Allison insisted on adopting the colours of AC Milan for the second strip.

Anyway enjoy the ride

• Like 1

Forget about your Diamond encrusted Wheelie bin baths, the building of world class training facilities and the signing of Messi.

The Sheikhs first and foremost priority should be the re-indoctrination process of all Heart fans who also support Man-Yoo. I've noticed there are a couple of you. A few days in a sky blue padded cell with Bluemoon blasting on loop should suffice :-)

VOsqIs9.gif

I'd actually like one Man City fan come on here and talk of at least one negative. After the past couple of years of following Heart all this positivity is freaking me out a little. 

I bought a pie at the Arsenal match, half of it was cold.

To be fair, they replaced it & apologised, that's about it for negatives, can't really think of any others.

Oh, in case nobody's mentioned it, the food & drink situation at the stadium is light years ahead of what it used to be. They hire celebrity chefs like Marco Pierre White & jamie Oliver to come up with the menu. You can get a decent curry these days, and in the "City Square" fan area outside the ground and in the family stand they've installed an array of video consoles so you can play FIFA14 while you're waiting for kick off, or, as in most cases, drop the kids off while you go for a pint at one of the bars.

• Like 1

Another Man City fan here, with another long rant.

I echo what most other City fans have said. We won the lottery when HRH took control of our club. It remains 'our club' despite the fact so much has changed. Although I enjoyed going to the likes of Bristol Rovers and Wycombe Wanderers and seeing us get beat 15 years ago, this season alone I have been to the Czech Republic, Germany (again), and Russia. Barcelona is booked for March. It is much better than it used to be.

I could not have dreamt of this growing up and the only 'negative' of supporting a successful team is that it costs a fortune as there are so many games. We've had 3 games a week for about 12 weeks now. I think we've won 16 and drawn 2 of our last 18 games which is frankly ridiculous. Despite that I'm still uncomfortable going to a game and believing we have a good chance of 3 points. Justifying to every new person you meet that you're not a glory supporter becomes tiring too.

This is obviously a different scenario to when we were taken over and there are understandably some concerns. I am uneasy with the idea of forcing our name and colours upon another exisiting team that has already created its own identity. You dont seem to be overly resistant to the name change, which is good though.

The colour the team plays in is obviously the major sticking point at the moment. All I would say at this stage is that no one has said definitively that it will change.  My understanding is that the word City is the brand, not necessarily the colour. Nothing has been released for the New York Club, but as that will most likely be sponsored by Adidas, it's not like they will be playing in a replica of a Manchester City Kit anyway. This is not Red Bull. Whilst pure speculation, I could imagine something similar to the Olympic Rings representing The City Football Group in each continent, and a way of immediately distinguishing each club within it.

Ultimately this will be a great thing for your club and Australian football in general.

The greatest benefit to your club is that you will have the best academy, probably anywhere outside of Europe. This is unlikely to produce solely Australian talent, but maybe an overwhelming majority. More importantly, the highest quality Australian talent will emerge from it due to what it will be able to offer them. Perhaps long term they may head to Europe, just as the rest of the best talent in the world does - but they are more likely to stay in Australia for longer now. There will be greater interest in the A-League now, and with that means a wider audience, which brings higher levels of investment for all teams to benefit from. The end product of that is higher paid (and hopefully higher quality) footballers providing higher quality football to watch (exceptions to this include Bolton, Stoke, West Ham). The Australian national team will benefit too, but if you're like us you won't care too much about that.

Aside from watching better quality football and being able to gloat to the 'Victards' (your words not mine ;) ), the best benefit as a supporter will be how much the club tries to involve you. I think that Season ticket holders can expect to receive a survey by email asking their opinions on how to go forward. These are very important to the club and hugely influences the decisions they make. Social Media is very important to City and perhaps speaks volumes that New York City FC has over 40,000 followers over 12 months before it plays its first game. The City website is multi award winning. The pre/post match facillities on offer at the stadium to the match going supporter is unrivalled by any sport in the UK, and possibly Europe. We have the cheapest seaon tickets in the league and I think there are teams in the Conference (4 divisions below) charging more. They aren't all that cheap it should be pointed out, but comparatively we fans fare very well, especially taking into account the players on display.

All thats left to say is enjoy the transformation. Express your opinion about the importance of the shirt colour when you get the opportunity, but don't worry too much about it for now.

Begin to dream my friends.

Edited by aidan88
  • Like 1