Melbourne Football

Round 10 - Sydney FC vs MHFC - Sunday 15 Dec 5pm

hakz7

1. The players beleive in JA and have been told and taught to do what he wants but fail to implement what he is telling them.

2. The players don't beleive in JA but say they do to keep their position in the team.

3. The players have some belief in JA but have not been trained correctly to implement his tactics.

And what are his winning or any successful tactics that are not being executed by the players?

Forget that, what are his tactics?

• Like 1

1. The players beleive in JA and have been told and taught to do what he wants but fail to implement what he is telling them.2. The players don't beleive in JA but say they do to keep their position in the team.3. The players have some belief in JA but have not been trained correctly to implement his tactics.

And what are his winning or any successful tactics that are not being executed by the players?Forget that, what are his tactics?

Whatever the tactics are my point is there is the possibility that JA has instructed them to do exactly what he wants and when to do it, but they fail to do this. If he says to them we will sit deep and he wants them to pressure the opposition once they come into our half and not give them space, and the players don't apply pressure then it is the players fault for not executing this. I know no matter what every possible scenario comes back to the manager in one way or another, but in this scenario the players are more to blame. Remember this is one 'possibility' of many more likely reasons as to our standard of play.

In his press conference after the game JA was pleased with team's game plan execution and commitment. He was disappointed we had failed to take chances in front of goal.

I agree with his disappointment as those opportunities must be taken full advantage of.

It's player's fault they cannot hit the net from 5 m out. Period.

However his decision to seat deep back in first half, inviting opposition to come at us, was only going to end up in tears again.

If he demands we play like that then he puts players in position where they have to make up for the goal deficit every week.

This is only rising levels of anxiety and desperation.

Yes they are professional players but no one can expect high level of proficiency in any job, while you're operating under stress, and another defeat hanging over you again and again, every week.

In his press conference after the game JA was pleased with team's game plan execution and commitment. He was disappointed we had failed to take chances in front of goal.

I agree with his disappointment as those opportunities must be taken full advantage of.

It's player's fault they cannot hit the net from 5 m out. Period.

However his decision to seat deep back in first half, inviting opposition to come at us, was only going to end up in tears again.

If he demands we play like that then he puts players in position where they have to make up for the goal deficit every week.

This is only rising levels of anxiety and desperation.

Yes they are professional players but no one can expect high level of proficiency in any job, while you're operating under stress, and another defeat hanging over you again and again, every week.

Absolutely. His game plan is fundamentally flawed. The statistics show it. It's true that our forwards have been horribly inaccurate, but we also have to look at the circumstances of the"chances" that we create. How many times have we opened up the defence with a series of nice crisp 10m passes on the deck to leave the striker in a comfortable scoring position? It's a lot easier to convert that sort of chance than the one you get after running 40m chasing a bouncing ball, even though the relative positions striker/goal/defender(s)/GK may be the same.

I don't excuse the strikers at all, but the facts are that no-one has really been able to score - Williams' first was a gift from the CCM GK, his third was a penalty, Migliorini's first was a FK, and the other two could have gone anywhere. 

There may be other contributing causes, but the root cause of Heart's shameful results this season is the coach and his game-plan.

• Like 5

Geez, another match where we had one shit half, and one half that was pretty much us missing goals from a litany of awesome chances.

First half was crap. We sat so deep that when we actually got the ball anywhere remotely close to the halfway line we had absolutely nothing to pass too. The wingers were so deep they were practically wing backs and we may as well have just formed a human pyramid infront of the goals with Mifsud waiting for the keeper to kick it over his head at the half way line.

Also thought that while Ramsay was shit, why was he on the right wing? This is a guy who has shown that he absolutely cannot shoot, especially on the run (see Roar match, Adelaide match etc.) which makes cutting in from the left to shoot useless, and since like almost all left footers he is stupidly one sided whenever he is in a position to cross he has to stop, try and turn inside his opponent to get on his left which usually means our attackers have already run past him and he does these shit crosses to the back of their heads or has to pass it back. He was shit but as soon as it was apparent he was too limited for the right wing (about 5 minutes in) Aloisi should have swapped him with the natural right footer in Williams to at least give him a chance before he was subbed out.

Second half was much better, especially when we played it along the ground and Mifsud, Kewell and Kalmar came into it. Nice to see Kalmar on who can actually pass unlike Migliorini, and Dugandzic was creative and I'm pretty sure it was his great pass that created the goal.

Mifsud had his best half for the club, actually working well to create chances for himself and others, and his goal was good. But he should have done better with the two other golden chances he had and despite the multiple defences of him by some (Wahwahwah he gets in great positions...its the system...at least he has chances....he chases) it's not good enough.

I was actually pleased with Aloisi's substitutions for once. It's the bravest (or most desperate?) I've seen him in venturing away from his preffered formation and trying to throw numbers forward. Still think it should have been Hoffman not Kisnorbo, but other than that I thought they were proactive.

ALOISI = PROBLEM. GET RID OF HIM PLEASE!

Maybe instead of the fans holding up banners and conducting silent protests, the players should revolt and perform their own silent protest, i.e. "we will not play until this ignoramus is replaced!"

Football is a 'weakest link' game, that is the team is only as good as the weakest link. Our coaching team is the weakest link

ALOISI = PROBLEM. GET RID OF HIM PLEASE!

Maybe instead of the fans holding up banners and conducting silent protests, the players should revolt and perform their own silent protest, i.e. "we will not play until this ignoramus is replaced!"

Football is a 'weakest link' game, that is the team is only as good as the weakest link. Our coaching team is the weakest link

Post of the day.

1. The players beleive in JA and have been told and taught to do what he wants but fail to implement what he is telling them.2. The players don't beleive in JA but say they do to keep their position in the team.3. The players have some belief in JA but have not been trained correctly to implement his tactics.

And what are his winning or any successful tactics that are not being executed by the players?Forget that, what are his tactics?

Whatever the tactics are my point is there is the possibility that JA has instructed them to do exactly what he wants and when to do it, but they fail to do this. If he says to them we will sit deep and he wants them to pressure the opposition once they come into our half and not give them space, and the players don't apply pressure then it is the players fault for not executing this. I know no matter what every possible scenario comes back to the manager in one way or another, but in this scenario the players are more to blame. Remember this is one 'possibility' of many more likely reasons as to our standard of play.

This may be the case, in that case you rely on your recruiting depth and belief in young player development to promote alternative players who can follow instructions. We, on the other hand, persist with essentially the same band as the Titanic slips beneath the waves. Currently only the prow is above the waves. Scott Munn tells the captain of the show 'careful now we can't guarantee that you'll still be captain by the end of the voyage.

In some ways the young players may be better off not being in the team. That way they can leave at the ends of their respective contracts (Walker, Mauk and Garuccio at the end of this season - don't know about the others) without a JA taint.

How much do some of the senior players really care anyway? Quite a number of them are out of contract at the end of this season, some will retire, others won't get another senior contract anywhere else irrespective of playing for Heart or not. They're all being paid win or lose. Those under 30 who we release and not retiring will go off to India or some other place in Asia where they'll be provided with girls and get paid more anyway.

All the club staff are being paid.

Sponsorships have all been renewed. Season-ticket sales are up on last year. The Board isn't really going to lose any more whether we finish first or last.

The only people suffering in this debacle are the football coaches Aloisi and Foxe, and the Heart supporters and season-ticket holders.

If you're a season-ticket holder then you're only cutting off your nose to spite your face by not going to every match you can. I paid for two Premium A seats and I'm not throwing $1090 away. Even if I don't enjoy seeing us lose I'll get some pleasure from abusing Aloisi from behind the Heart bench.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 4

In some ways the young players may be better off not being in the team. That way they can leave at the ends of their respective contracts (Walker, Mauk and Garuccio at the end of this season - don't know about the others) without a JA taint.

How much do some of the senior players really care anyway? Quite a number of them are out of contract at the end of this season, some will retire, others won't get another senior contract anywhere else irrespective of playing for Heart or not. They're all being paid win or lose. Those under 30 who we release and not retiring will go off to India or some other place in Asia where they'll be provided with girls and get paid more anyway.

Sponsorships have all been renewed. Season-ticket sales are up on last year. The Board isn't really going to lose any more whether we finish first or last.

The only people suffering in this debacle are the football coaches Aloisi and Foxe, and the Heart supporters and season-ticket holders.

If you're a season-ticket holder then you're only cutting off your nose to spite your face by not going to every match you can. I paid for two Premium A seats and I'm not throwing $1090 away. Even if I don't enjoy seeing us lose I'll get some pleasure from abusing Aloisi from behind the Heart bench.

Good points, that's probably why they keep him in the job, just look at the metrics, the club is going gangbusters!

My brother and I come from Bendigo. 4 hour round trip . I know their are people who travel further than us. But by the time petrol, food and drinks  and then to watch crap. Money is tight at the mo. Heart already have my membership but a least I can save what money I have left on things I need. Won't be coming to another game while JA is in charge. I want to enjoy my football again.

• Like 1

My brother and I come from Bendigo. 4 hour round trip . I know their are people who travel further than us. But by the time petrol, food and drinks  and then to watch crap. Money is tight at the mo. Heart already have my membership but a least I can save what money I have left on things I need. Won't be coming to another game while JA is in charge. I want to enjoy my football again.

I'd like to be able to offer something encouraging to say, the only thing that I can think of is that you may not want to miss JA's last game in charge, mind you we could have another season and a half for that.

• Like 1

Fair enough mate. Mine is a "Metro perspective."

I take my hat off to all the country people who have stayed with Heart for so long. It's a hell of a commitment you have made.

May I suggest you write to Sidwell and basically say to him what you've said on here? Worse than anything is to take someone for granted - doesn't matter who or why - and that's what the club is doing to us right now.

• Like 3

im hearing a lot of noise about despondency amongst the players at the airport .... 

Put ya self in there shoes 

I would be to, = Unclear instruction from the coach + Confusion over the boards acceptance + a Prima donna as captain 

....... Who can blame em 

probably from my post ...

I can understand their feelings

They all but agreed with my opinion ( and i included the fact that many supporters have a similar opinion) about JA's PLAN A,B & C long ball tactics

I could see in their faces that they wanted to say "yes it's crap that we are playing" I didn't push it too hard, I mean I could be a journalist's  uncle or something and have  scoop saying " HEART PLAYER MR X SAYS JA'S TACTICS ARE WOEFUL "

as I mentioned earlier , they were really down,  but the way they played in the  second half, where they looked like a football team, when I said this to them they livened up and you could see that they had some fire in the belly and wanted to play in this way .

I just find it sad for the players, I may be wrong  and shout me down if I am, but I reckon that they are all busting their guts to try their hardest, it's just the system and tactics that we are playing that is the downfall

• Like 2

im hearing a lot of noise about despondency amongst the players at the airport .... 

I would be to, = Unclear instruction from the coach + Confusion over the boards acceptance + a Prima donna as captain 

....... Who can blame em 

They all but agreed with my opinion ( and i included the fact that many supporters have a similar opinion) about JA's PLAN A,B & C long ball tactics

I could see in their faces that they wanted to say "yes it's crap that we are playing" I didn't push it too hard, I mean I could be a journalist's  uncle or something and have  scoop saying " HEART PLAYER MR X SAYS JA'S TACTICS ARE WOEFUL "

as I mentioned earlier , they were really down,  but the way they played in the  second half, where they looked like a football team, when I said this to them they livened up and you could see that they had some fire in the belly and wanted to play in this way .

I just find it sad for the players, I may be wrong  and shout me down if I am, but I reckon that they are all busting their guts to try their hardest, it's just the system and tactics that we are playing that is the downfall

Completely agree, spoke to Massimo after the game, and you could tell he was shattered/deflated. He is a workhorse and is effectively getting donuts for all his effort. 

....... Who can blame em 

Completely agree, spoke to Massimo after the game, and you could tell he was shattered/deflated. He is a workhorse and is effectively getting donuts for all his effort. 

I only feed my workhorse doughnuts too