Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

The biggest contribution from a minimum wage player this club has had.

erm....germano?

Harry has been the best captain the club has ever had...

Germano has spent half his time injured and the other half complaining about his wages.

And Harry spent half his time injured and the other half playing golf.

Don't see any difference.

At least Germano acknowledges the fanbase, instead of captain Harry disappearing down the tunnel whilst we put up with a 20 game winless streak.

Good riddance to the kent :up:

• Like 3

Was always going to happen once the World Cup dream was out of the picture, best wishes to an absolute champion of the game and one of the greatest Australian sportsmen of the modern era.

I'll be there for the WSW game so hopefully everyone else is as well so we can pump up the lads and send Harry off with a win, he's been fantastic during his time at the club and proven a lot of doubters wrong with some crucial performances this season.

erm....germano?

Germano has spent half his time injured and the other half complaining about his wages.

At least Germano acknowledges the fanbase, instead of captain Harry disappearing down the tunnel whilst we put up with a 20 game winless streak.

get over it, bet you didn't see him week in week out when he was injured in the stands looking as passionate as anyone else in the stadium.

• Like 3

We need a chant for his farewell. Not sure why he never got one...even if it's simple idc. I remember one game he came on then everyone started chanting ooh ahh Engelaar :s probably because engelaar had scored earlier in the game...

Yeah forget that. Still not sure why he never got one though

edit: Bloody tapatalk

Edited by CaNNaVo93

Can someone dig up the video of teenage Harry Kewell saying he wants to play for England? What a kunt.

On the other hand, an extraordinary talent, was ridiculously good for his age while at Leeds, who knows what he could have been if it wasn't for the injuries.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

erm....germano?

get over it, bet you didn't see him week in week out when he was injured in the stands looking as passionate as anyone else in the stadium.

lol, of course any ones gonna be animated about how a team that their captaining is going, ffs.

Doesn't change all the times he's snubbed us after we went to training to support the boys, or all the times after games. Really showed his connection with the fans there :hkpalm:

All in all, he was a cheap marketing stunt for our club, who let us down by missing the first part of the season when we needed wins. Then cameback, did well in a couple of games, and decided to retire when finals were out of the question and his chances of making the WC were over.

Thankfully, with the new owners we wont have to put up with any of these stupid Sidwell publicity stunts again.

• Like 1

erm....germano?

lol, of course any ones gonna be animated about how a team that their captaining is going, ffs.

Doesn't change all the times he's snubbed us after we went to training to support the boys, or all the times after games. Really showed his connection with the fans there :hkpalm:

All in all, he was a cheap marketing stunt for our club, who let us down by missing the first part of the season when we needed wins. Then cameback, did well in a couple of games, and decided to retire when finals were out of the question and his chances of making the WC were over.

Thankfully, with the new owners we wont have to put up with any of these stupid Sidwell publicity stunts again.

You really are clutching at straws in your desire to hate him. 

• Like 1

erm....germano?

You really are clutching at straws in your desire to hate him.

I don't hate him. Forum would be boring if we all agreed with eachother.

Harry Kewell is definitely not our greatest player.

He only joined us this year and played a handful of games for us. 

He was missing, injured, when we desperately needed him in the first half of the season.  

So of course the number he wore for us for just a few games should not be retired.

As Harry Kewell hardly played for us we don't owe him a send off game. Our final home game against the Wanderers should NOT be Harry Kewell's send off game.

Do the Socceroos owe Harry Kewell a send off game? Convince Ange to give him a send off game against South Africa.

Anyway, I reckon a presentation should be made to Harry Kewell before the Socceroos game against South Africa and maybe a lap of the ground in a limousine. Come to think of it, what about for other Socceroo stalwarts as well, such as Schwarzer and Emerton? 

Long term players from the Socceroos retire and their years of service so often doesn't seem to be acknowledged at a Socceroos game.

Our greatest player IMO.

i thought was serviceable and i enjoyed having him, but no that is not right

I do agree his not our best ever player but possibly the best player to have played at Heart. Sibon and Engelaar his competition.

Makes me think we've only had 4 seasons and only 1 finals match, so the bar isn't set very high but who would be our best player for Heart?

Edited by HeartinHobart

Our greatest player IMO.

I do agree his not our best ever player but possibly the best player to have played at Heart. Sibon and Engelaar his competition.

Makes me think we've only had 4 seasons and only 1 finals match, so the bar isn't set very high but who would be our best player for Heart?

Skill-wise, Engelaar.

Contribution-wise, Marrone or Bolton imo.

Our greatest player IMO.

Garcia.

• Like 1

I was not happy we signed Harry. He has been truly professional in his conduct and appearances for us.

A few weeks ago he stopped a pre-match kick around with the other substitutes after a ball bounced up and told them to keep it on the ground. This is the sort of professionalism and leadership required. As Murfy1 outlined, Kewell's passing and build up play is/was second to none. Penalty miss aside, we will miss the class Harry brought when he played and I hope those we sign to replace him will bring a similar level of class.

And if a certain David Williams could learn off Harry how to shoot like Kewell did in the derby, then Williams could well hit 20 goals next season. Otherwise, seagulls watch out.

Despite my initial disgust that we had signed the visitors golden boy, Harry won me over. I still think he is a mercenary, but he finished as our mercenary.

Our greatest player IMO.

Garcia.

BfYNkRYCEAAoxyI.jpg

• Like 1

Our greatest player IMO.

Garcia.

BfYNkRYCEAAoxyI.jpg

This is all kinds of sad.

• Like 1

I think if we are to recognise Harry in his final game, it should not be what hes done for our club lets face it IMHO he hasn't changed that much but we should be recognising what he has done for this country.

Heart will be Harry's last club as a professional and it only seems fitting that we lead the way for the other clubs to recognise the retiring 'golden generation' and thank them for all they have done for football in this country. Sydney had Emerton and we have Harry and its up to us to recognise his achievements. When Tim Cahill and Mark Bresciano reach the time for retirement at hopefully at a respected A-league club i hope that they recognise this contribution to the country and not necessarily the club.

• Like 1

I was against the idea of signing Kewell and to be quite blunt and honest about it, it has been a bust and a half. Was portrayed as the saviour, even worse was made captain. Barely been fit for half our games and when the team was designed to play around him, him not being able to play was a big issue.

Baffles me to how he stretched out his career for so long, hopefully we learn from this and steer clear of Aussie players returning to the A-League once there top level careers are done. Should be giving more opportunities to younger players like Mauk and Gooch and not look to build around players in there early to mid 30s.

I think if we are to recognise Harry in his final game, it should not be what hes done for our club lets face it IMHO he hasn't changed that much but we should be recognising what he has done for this country.

Heart will be Harry's last club as a professional and it only seems fitting that we lead the way for the other clubs to recognise the retiring 'golden generation' and thank them for all they have done for football in this country. Sydney had Emerton and we have Harry and its up to us to recognise his achievements. When Tim Cahill and Mark Bresciano reach the time for retirement at hopefully at a respected A-league club i hope that they recognise this contribution to the country and not necessarily the club.

IMO it's wider than that. We should recognise the contributions players have made to football, whether that includes international football for Australia or not. We've done it for Sibon, Aloisi, and Skoko, and we should do it for Kewell. One day we'll be able to do it for someone who has had long and distinguished service with our club, but we haven't been around long enough for that yet. H has been a great player in his time - he's retiring wearing our shirt and he is worthy of our respect.

I was against the idea of signing Kewell and to be quite blunt and honest about it, it has been a bust and a half. Was portrayed as the saviour, even worse was made captain. Barely been fit for half our games and when the team was designed to play around him, him not being able to play was a big issue.

Baffles me to how he stretched out his career for so long, hopefully we learn from this and steer clear of Aussie players returning to the A-League once there top level careers are done. Should be giving more opportunities to younger players like Mauk and Gooch and not look to build around players in there early to mid 30s.

I'm sure they exist somewhere but I've never seen you post something positive about MHFC. Why so critical? I think there's merit in your opinion here but not entirely, I think it depends on the player(s)

• Like 2

The eyes of Australian football will be on us and on AAMI on that last day when we play WSW. We need to applaud his contribution to the game in Australia and the fact he helped raise the profile of the game in Australia and make it mainstream. His final day will long be remembered along with the fact that he ended it playing in Red&White.

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 3