Melbourne Football

New Socceroos 'Active Supporter Group'

Haydos

Guys, the new name is...

TERRACE AUSTRALIS

Anyone want to have a say, jump on http://socceroosactive.vanillaforums.com/

We've only got a few weeks to get organised and we need some more Victorian guys onboard.

You mean the vegemite sandwiches didn't get up :(

I don't think its going to work in Melbourne champ sorry. There is just no way members of yarraside will chant with any member of nt. Assuming that those are the two active areas you're targeting, you're going to have to look outside of them mate.

Pfft get over yourself, division in Melbourne between Yarraside and NT isn't that thick buddy.

Wasn't suggesting that its dire, rather that leaders of both Melbourne terrances need to work together to try and get the best support possible

So what about those of us who have been supporting the Socceroos since before either club existed? Are we supposed to not support them because of a three year old club related rivalry?

Not at all. I would assume that this new active area would mostly consist of active supporters from heart and victory, it would be good to see them work together in achieving the best active area possible.

• Like 1

So what about those of us who have been supporting the Socceroos since before either club existed? Are we supposed to not support them because of a three year old club related rivalry? 

I agree mate and you know me very well, I'm a rather rational, measured person but I have to admit that at this stage I can't see myself overcoming the club rivalry and stand with those who over the past(yes a relatively minuscule period) 3 years have done what they have.

I know it sounds petty but I'm just being honest. I sincerely hope I'm in the minority but I doubt I'm alone tbh.  :( 

• Like 5

I agree mate and you know me very well, I'm a rather rational, measured person but I have to admit that at this stage I can't see myself overcoming the club rivalry and stand with those who over the past(yes a relatively minuscule period) 3 years have done what they have.

I know it sounds petty but I'm just being honest. I sincerely hope I'm in the minority but I doubt I'm alone tbh.   :(

What you are saying is fair enough and considering some of the actions of certain people I wouldnt expect you guys (or anyone for that matter) to stand beside said people and be buddys for a night. I dont think that sounds petty at all.

I suppose what I am saying is that the group of  people you refer to are the vast minority and to not get behind active support for the national team because you consider all Victory and north terrace to be in the same category is unfair. I dont appreciate it when people assume I am into kidnapping or tearing seats out of the stands or punching people in the back of the head because I am a Heart supporter. And I am sure most Victory fans feel the same way when they are associated with a hand full of dick head's actions too.

I know I cant change your mind, and thats fair enough. It just upsets me to think a small number of morons (from both sides of the fence) are what is holding back what could be potentially a massive step forward for football in Melbourne. 

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 3

Why is there discussion about an active "Home Bay"? The reality is that the whole of the stadium execpt allocated "Away Bays" are "Home Bays".

Because in 80% - 90% of the Bays in the staduim if you try to stand up rather than sit you will be yelled at by other patrons to sit down and if you refuse to sit then you will most likely be evicted by ACG. :up:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Why is there discussion about an active "Home Bay"? The reality is that the whole of the stadium execpt allocated "Away Bays" are "Home Bays".

We are talking about proper active support, not passive support.

It will be standing only, sing for 90+, restricted view from flags and banners.

The rest of the stadium can follow the lead if they like, however the active bays will be 100% active, 100% of the time.

People 'sitting' in the area will be made aware, and if they wish, will be moved to other seats.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/05/20/leave-your-a-league-colours-at-the-door%E2%80%A8-for-australia/

Anybody aware if Gallop and his cronies will be at the Melbourne forum(if there is one)? Decisions regarding The Sydney-roos have always been administered from up north anyway so I cant see the new group or the FFA's ''new found openness" being much different this time round tbh but hey, I'm a cynic :up:

Edited by Braveheart

• 1 month later...

rofl at the bloke at 0.50 and the chav at 4.05.

This belongs in my nerdwatch thread tbh.

Who is there Capo?

First bloke on mega and later seen standing on fence or something looks like one of newy's top boys. TimmyV, I think?

That's what I thought, seems Timmy Vee is the new Tuuuuna.

• 2 months later...

23rd September, 7.00pm...forum to discuss active support for our National Teams. Venue to be confirmed.

FFA rep and Asian Cup organising committee member will be in attendance.

This is a great opportunity to have a say in forming Terrace Australis. We need passionate active supporters to look after the Melbourne branch.

Make no mistake, Terrace Australis can act as a conduit for active support across the entire A League and beyond. Hopefully we can assist in opening eyes at FFA level regarding the issues we face every day. Things we implement will trickle down through A League and state league level.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

• Like 1

Capo is determined by each city. The Newey capo happened to do the duties in Sydney. We are flying by the seat of our pants atm as we quickly wanted to get things together for the last 2 qualifiers.

Now we have a bit more time.

This is really up to each city how they want the local 'branch' to evolve. It would be great to have some of you guys drive it. Put your slant on it. If we don't try, we'll end up with another GG Army, albeit without the tour operations.

Some of us who've been involved from day 1 are no schmucks when it comes to active support (and the hurdles we face). I would hope though, that there is enough people in the whole city of Melbourne (or the entire bloody state of Victoria) who are experienced enough in a/s and willing to help this grow. 

Capo is determined by each city. The Newey capo happened to do the duties in Sydney. We are flying by the seat of our pants atm as we quickly wanted to get things together for the last 2 qualifiers.

Now we have a bit more time.

This is really up to each city how they want the local 'branch' to evolve. It would be great to have some of you guys drive it. Put your slant on it. If we don't try, we'll end up with another GG Army, albeit without the tour operations.

Some of us who've been involved from day 1 are no schmucks when it comes to active support (and the hurdles we face). I would hope though, that there is enough people in the whole city of Melbourne (or the entire bloody state of Victoria) who are experienced enough in a/s and willing to help this grow.

Please refer to past pages :up: