Melbourne Football

Miron IN

Ando

Keep this mossad filth out of our club.

This.

Kosmina is the anwser. Guy is an a-hole but is good.

Kosmina would far exceed our budget.

Nick Theodaokpoulos

Jean Paul De Marigny

Are economically viable options.

dare i say Ante Milcic???

Would the guy be willing to come back?

This.

shit coach imo. He only did well at adelaide because they've got high quality players which made his job a lot easier.

There's no way the club would sack aloisi tbh, but i really do think they need to sack Foxe and get an experienced manager like Miron who actually has an idea of how to coach and is tactical fairly good iirc.

This.

Kosmina would far exceed our budget.

Nick Theodaokpoulos

Jean Paul De Marigny

Are economically viable options. dare i say Ante Milcic???

Would the guy be willing to come back?

Not after the club reneged on a promise.

Didn't bother shaking Munn or JD hands when we played do very much doubt he would want to come back.

Is Miron the answer? Don't know if he's the best option but he is better than JA.

Make no mistake, the club is in the shit and it won't change whilst the people at the club remain.

Miron has said that he doesn't want to leave the Gold Coast, in any case he's a bit like Merrick & Cosmina in that he was competitive in the early days of the HAL but much less so now. In any case the club won't release JA and I think that the causes of this year's appalling season are multi-factorial, a rookie coach is only one of them. I think that its fair to say that if we had a very experienced coach then we may have finished a few places higher but not much better. I think that the club realises that it has got the balance wrong this season, let's see how they respond next season.

Edited by belaguttman

Bela, what about the tactical inabilities?

I am dumbfounded each week with what JA seems to be doing and his inability to adapt to game situations.

Will that ever improve in your opinion and do we have the time to be waiting for that?

My opinion is we don't. We are critical, we can't afford to wait to see if JA can manage.

I agree though there is more wrong at the club than just the coach. There is a lot wrong at our club.

• Like 1

Shit thought I'd logged into the West Sydney wanderers board for a second there

Did he do that well at Croatia in 85?

In all seriousness though, Miron is a wank alternative. Building upon what Bela has said, he hasn't necessarily won any silverware apart from military medals. Yes, he has done exceptionally well in his first two seasons with Gold Coast, but with the squad he had compared to the rest of the league at the time...

The board laid the right foundations in the first two seasons, and in my eyes, we haven't done much this season. Hopefully this will be the kick up the ass the club, JA, JD and the board needs. If we don't make the finals next season, it's obviously not good enough and we will move on.

• Like 2

"In 2004, [Dusan Bajevic] returned to Olympiacos, where he won the double again. Also, his team got very close to the second round of the Champions League by collecting ten points, however the defeat against Liverpool FC with 3–1 in the last game stopped them not making it to the next round. Olympiacos went as far as the fourth round of the UEFA Cup. Despite these good results, he quit, mainly due to the pressure from Gate 7 fans who were not satisfied with the team's way of playing, although the majority of the fans were on his side."

Maybe if Yarraside et al put enough pressure on Aloisi, he will quit on his own. I doubt that's in his character however; he'll probably stay for another year and when we find ourselves on the bottom again at the end of next season, he should walk-out on his own accord.

Bela, what about the tactical inabilities?

I am dumbfounded each week with what JA seems to be doing and his inability to adapt to game situations.

Will that ever improve in your opinion and do we have the time to be waiting for that?

My opinion is we don't. We are critical, we can't afford to wait to see if JA can manage.

I agree though there is more wrong at the club than just the coach. There is a lot wrong at our club.

There are times when JA has shown astute tactical skills, other times when we have been tactically poor. Sometimes this has been JA, often it's because of the skill mix of available players. I'd be very interested to see where JD & JA identify our strengths and weaknesses, who we recruit for next season and why, and hear a clear statement from JA about our football philosophy and how he will tactically deliver that philosophy. My larger concern is over the development of players from the NYL team, this is where our future lays. We seem to have had very few players make the successful transition to the senior team this season.

• Like 1

Knowing JA, instead of playing youngsters in the last round, he'll play all the old-heads to try and do everything he can not to finish on the bottom!

I'm hoping he realises that he really has nothing to lose by dropping Thompson, Macallister, Hoffman, Coyne and Meeuwis and playing Edwards, Retre, Groenwald, Kaya and Mauk.