Melbourne Football

One for the ladies

alexiano

It's been brought up on twitter, so thought I'd start a thread for the ladies of Melbourne heart to have some sort of club where they.......

To make this happen we'd need a group of organisers to discuss and propose ideas and organise. Up to the main group to decide whether this would be a club driven or fan driven initiative.

To be honest I don't know that we need a separate ladies' group as such. Maybe just a channel of communication so we are able to find out who else is out there, and meet up with each other at games if we are feeling isolated amongst the sea of men. 

I can't really see myself using such a service much, but then I've already got lots of friends at Heart. Someone (especially a younger girl) interested in the Club who is looking to come to matches but has no-one to come with might feel more comfortable if she knew there were friendly female faces around.

So idea has potential I guess but I'm not really sure what direction it should go in or who should take it there haha.

Knit scarfs and sweats and bake cookies and sell them at a MHFC bake sale to raise $ for the club to pay players like Hoffman, Thompson, and Coyne.

Posts like this one give some inkling of why a genuine football-loving girl might not feel welcome at the boy's club that is Yarraside :P

Knit scarfs and sweats and bake cookies and sell them at a MHFC bake sale to raise $ for the club to pay players like Hoffman, Thompson, and Coyne.

I like this idea, as long as they're not allowed in the stadium for games.
  • Like 4

So its agreed, from now on Lady's need to bring a plate to all Home/Away games at The Gimp. :up:

(And no buying Safeway Cakes - And passing them off as your own.)

• Like 1

The ladies or Hoffman?

Hoffman.

Women are welcome at heart games but must have at least 5 or 6 guys trying to pick her up at any given time otherwise they're out.

• Like 4

This has been proposed to the club, basically it will be an official group, to hold fundraisers, events etc to involve all females who enjoy soccer or sport in general and feel intimidated to join or attend games, it will also act as a general means of communication to fellow ladies.. I intend for it to be membership orientated in the hope of generating funds for various things and most importantly Girls with Heart...

• Like 6

.......?

Nothing was really proposed hence the opened ended question.

It was suggested to be like a ladies club that afl clubs do (I'm not familiar with what the offerings are).

Maybe a blog or something of things the heart ladies get up to. Drinks at the imp. Special imp drinks. A special ladies players calendar. :P

.......?

Nothing was really proposed hence the opened ended question.

It was suggested to be like a ladies club that afl clubs do (I'm not familiar with what the offerings are).

Maybe a blog or something of things the heart ladies get up to. Drinks at the imp. Special imp drinks. A special ladies players calendar. :P

I think there would be a few interested. I remember talking to some girls earlier in the season and it was brought up. Just a way to meet other female fans. Some of the ladies that follow the club would probably be interested in meeting some other girls that follow it too. Instead of just talking with guys all the time. Probably most the people interested wouldn't use this forum though. Have to think of a way of getting the msg out there. Assuming there's ladies that want to do it. 

Ando, on 20 Mar 2013 - 18:54, said:

Really pushing that public perception that most football crowds are made up of 13-25 year old males, gentlemen. :droy:

I'd say that is the primary demographic Am i the only one on this board over 50????? ?

You come off like 15-17

• Like 1

Guys, enough with the sexist remarks yeah? What age are we living in?

I have seen first hand what a women's group can do and I can tell you now, it ha the potential to bring a lot more people to the game. Not just women but their families.

If you ladies setting it up need assistance just let me know. Happy to help get this off the ground.

• Like 3